PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous trade suggestion

SoxSpeed22
07-13-2005, 11:31 PM
While listening to ESPN radio, I came up with the idea of the Sox trading in a 3-way with Milwaukee and Atlanta, here's what I came up with.
Sox get:
Lyle Overbay
John Foster (LHP)
Braves/Brewers Prospects

Brewers get:
Jorge Sosa (RHP)
Sox/Braves prospects

Braves get:
Paul Konerko
Brewers prospects

This may work, because Oakland showed that the Sox could use some more lefties in the lineup and Overbay brings more consistency. Wise or Foster can be bullpen help. The Braves could use some more power. Konerko helps them. For the Brewers, Prince Fielder is more than ready, so Overbay is expendable. They could use more pitching or a third baseman. I would like to hear opinions.

SoxSpeed22
07-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Can somebody do me a favor and move this to "What's the Score?" I screwed up.

Daver
07-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Sure.

HebrewHammer
07-13-2005, 11:47 PM
You know what? You're right. This is ridiculous.

munchman33
07-13-2005, 11:58 PM
This doesn't make sense now. But I do think we'll be players for Overbay after the season when Kenny wisely lets Paul Konerko go.

Banix12
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
The brewers have all the time in the world to try and trade Overbay.

Much like the Tigers, the Brewers have a shot at an above .500 season for the first time in a long long time. I think they'll stick with overbay for now since he works so well in that lineup right now. I don't think they'll do it until the offseason when there will likely be more teams who will be willing to trade for his services. Though if the right deal came around, I wouldn't put it past Doug Melvin to pull the trigger.

forrestg
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
I believe kenny will cut Paulie loose. who would need him now?