PDA

View Full Version : *offical* Preston Wilson to Washington

chisoxmike
07-13-2005, 10:53 PM
As heard on CLTV, Wilson traded to Washington via 3-way trade

Eric Bearns also traded from Oakland.

Colorado, Oakland, Washington are the 3-teams.

chisoxmike
07-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Joe Kennedy (COL) to Oakland

Eric Bearns (OAK) traded to COL

Preston Wilson (COL) to Washington

Thats all I know for now.

NSSoxFan
07-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Zach Day is also on his way to Colorado

chisoxmike
07-13-2005, 11:01 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050713&content_id=1130467&vkey=pr_col&fext=.jsp&c_id=col

White Sox Josh
07-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Zach Day is also on his way to Coloradomaybe Kenny get's Day.

chisoxmike
07-13-2005, 11:11 PM
maybe Kenny get's Day.

Let's hope not.

SoxFan76
07-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Let's hope not.

He had to bring it up....how else is he gonna raise that post count?

rowand33
07-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Colorado gets:
Eric Byrnes
Zach Day
JJ Davis
PTBNL or cash

Washington gets:
Preston Wilson

Oakland gets:
Joe Kennedy
Jay Witasick

good little trade for everybody involved, I think.

I think Byrnes will be good in Coors and Zach Day is supposed to be the type of pitcher that does well there.

I think the As got the best today, with Payton from the BoSox, Kennedy, and Witasick.

though Wilson has the potential to be huge for the Nats.

chisoxmike
07-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Colorado gets:
Eric Byrnes
Zach Day
JJ Davis
PTBNL or cash

Washington gets:
Preston Wilson

Oakland gets:
Joe Kennedy
Jay Witasick

good little trade for everybody involved, I think.

I think Byrnes will be good in Coors and Zach Day is supposed to be the type of pitcher that does well there.

I think the As got the best today, with Payton from the BoSox, Kennedy, and Witasick.

though Wilson has the potential to be huge for the Nats.

Thanks for the complete info, I don't know what I was thinking about the Byrnes spelling. :?:

Jjav829
07-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Interesting movement for the three teams. Like rowand33 said, I think each team made out well for themselves. I don't think any of them got taken here. The Nats really needed a right-handed bat and centerfielder like Wilson. He should be a nice fit there and the Nats didn't lose too much.

The Rockies replace Wilson with a younger, cheaper and possibly better player. While Byrnes doesn't have the power Wilson has, Byrnes is faster and could blossom playing in that park. Day should be better than Kennedy. I will say that I am surprised they traded Witasick for what they did. I would have thought that they could get a little more for him, though he is only a middle reliever.

The A's didn't do too bad in these deals. Witasick gives them another quality arm for their bullpen. I'm not as big a fan of Jay Payton as some teams, but overall I think the A's improved.

MRKARNO
07-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Here's my take:

-I think Washington did not really help itself here. It's outfield was good enough already. They have two .900 OPS OFers in Guillen and Church (though Church is not a sure thing) and Wilkerson's OPS was the same as Wilson's....but it's the worst he's had in three years because of power problems and Preston is coming from Coors Field. I don't see him as a major upgrade over what they have. The thing it does help with is a better bench on a nightly basis like our situation with Rowand, Dye, Everett and Podsednik.

-I think Oakland made out well. Witasick is going to add to their solid bullpen. Kennedy might turn out well, but that's a reclamation project. They've been looking to deal Byrnes for a while now. Between Kielty, Kotsay, Swisher and Payton, they had no need for him anymore.

-As bad as the Rox have been, they may have made out the best. Zach Day is exactly the type of pitcher they need, a GB Pitcher. Byrnes will replace Wilson while being a lot cheaper. I know little about Davis, but I'm assuming he's not very good. Omar Quintanilla is a pretty good SS prospect and may be able to help them at 2B in the near future.

buehrle4cy05
07-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I actually don't think getting Zach Day is THAT bad of an idea. Yes, I would much rather have A.J. Burnett, but my reason as to why I would like day is because he can be used as a starter and reliever. This would give Ozzie a good long reliever (for when JC pitches) and a spot starter for when El Duque needs a rest.

That being said, this was a great trade for the Nationals. Good for them.

DSpivack
07-13-2005, 11:48 PM
I think Washington did not really help itself here. It's outfield was good enough already. They have two .900 OPS OFers in Guillen and Church (though Church is not a sure thing) and Wilkerson's OPS was the same as Wilson's....but it's the worst he's had in three years because of power problems and Preston is coming from Coors Field. I don't see him as a major upgrade over what they have. The thing it does help with is a better bench on a nightly basis like our situation with Rowand, Dye, Everett and Podsednik.

The biggest plus I see is that there is no reason now that Cordero or Baerga will get playing time.

Brian26
07-13-2005, 11:52 PM
That being said, this was a great trade for the Nationals. Good for them.

I'm definitely rooting for them in the NL.