PDA

View Full Version : I Thought He Was a Clubhouse Cancer?

Cowhead418
07-13-2005, 07:19 PM
I heard on the Mac, Jerko, and Harry show the other day that AJ bought Buehrle, Garland, Pods and Konerko each a bottle of expensive dom. But no! AJ couldn't have done that! He's a cancer! Just another reason to love AJ. He's having a blast this year with the Sox and has been a huge contributor to the great team chemistry with his attitude IMO. There's not many guys who would do things that like for their teammates.

Ron Karkovice
07-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Until AJ starts breaking his bat from slamming it on the ground after every first called strike, he will be quite the opposite of cancer... which is what?

Hangar18
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
NOTICE how there werent any "fluff" pieces on him. Had he been a member
of that other team however ............

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Until AJ starts breaking his bat from slamming it on the ground after every first called strike, he will be quite the opposite of cancer... which is what?

The cure.

Ron Karkovice
07-13-2005, 07:30 PM
The cure.

touché

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
AJ gets kudos credit for calling the games for the pitchers. If he was so bad, would we have two pitchers in the ASG? If he was so bad, would Ozzie continue to let him catch every game?? I think not. Cancer only lives in an environment where it can be supported; you fight cancer the right way, and it dies. Support the guy, show him you exercise his talents...and he thrives.

The Wall
07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I dont know if he was clubhouse cancer or not...but I know this much...he came up in a twinkie organization where chemistry is valued throughout the minors. There are no stars there. He was dealt to a giants team and that probably didnt go well with him at first and giants thought that to be a cancerous form.

Cowhead418
07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I also heard this morning that Rowand and Crede spent the ASB in Missouri turkey hunting.:o:

patbooyah
07-13-2005, 07:44 PM
does anyone else think that "The Cure" is a good nickname for AJ?

Chips
07-13-2005, 07:57 PM
does anyone else think that "The Cure" is a good nickname for AJ?

No, I don't like it at all. It reminds me of the band and I don't like them, therefore I don't like the name.

I'd just assume we keep calling him AJ.

SomebodyToldMe
07-13-2005, 08:42 PM
If he was really a great teammate, he would have bought everyone a bottle not just the All-Stars! What a cancer!

Daver
07-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I also heard this morning that Rowand and Crede spent the ASB in Missouri turkey hunting.:o:

If they did and got caught they'd be in Jail, the season ended two months ago.

patbooyah
07-13-2005, 08:50 PM
No, I don't like it at all. It reminds me of the band and I don't like them, therefore I don't like the name.

oh, aidan- always so disagreeable.

HITMEN OF 77
07-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I heard on the Mac, Jerko, and Harry show the other day that AJ bought Buehrle, Garland, Pods and Konerko each a bottle of expensive dom. But no! AJ couldn't have done that! He's a cancer! Just another reason to love AJ. He's having a blast this year with the Sox and has been a huge contributor to the great team chemistry with his attitude IMO. There's not many guys who would do things that like for their teammates.

With all the crazy talk here lately, are you sure MJ&H didn't take that out of context from an article? I way I read it, I think AJ is actually ticked off he didn't make the AS team and is going to stop playing baseball and retire in Libya somewhere.

Ron Karkovice
07-13-2005, 10:09 PM

you're not in love on Fridays? :angry:

Erik The Red
07-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah. I heard months ago on WMVP that they spent part of the offseason hunting, either he misheard or WMVP made a mistake.

Cowhead418
07-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah it was probably during the offseason then. Nevermind what I said.:redface:

brewcrew/chisox
07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
The cure.

Love the Nickname.

Sorry, Chips but I love the band too.....but that's not why I love the nickname.
:D:

AJ HAS been a cure for this team. He's brought a hardnose attitude and an energy to this team that the Sox haven't seen since Ozzie played for the team (which is why, despite being called cancerous by the mediots, coaches have constantly gone on record to say that they love the guy). In addition, he's brought a sense of focus to the pitching staff, a staff that is now quite possibly the best in the American League.

In addition to many other factors, AJ has been "the cure". I vote for putting it in the WSI glossary right now!

Tragg
07-14-2005, 09:28 PM
He's not a cancer.

Unfortunately, he isn't much of a hitter either.