PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,878

Hangar18
07-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Caught some of AS Game last nite at Joes on Weed Street. There were numerous sheep-like cub fans baahhh'ing when they showed Aramis Ramirez
coming to bat. Prompted me of course to boo him. Sheep-like fans wondered why I booed him. I mentioned I wasnt a fan of the Media Favored $100 Million dollar team. They correctly guessed that I "must be a SOX fan"
I said they were correct. Sheep #1 said that we are just jealous because
the Cubs have had more a "winning tradition" than the SOX. I told him
he couldnt be more wrong .... and told him to look up recent statistics before
he makes that comment again.

MarySwiss
07-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Caught some of AS Game last nite at Joes on Weed Street. There were numerous sheep-like cub fans baahhh'ing when they showed Aramis Ramirez
coming to bat. Prompted me of course to boo him. Sheep-like fans wondered why I booed him. I mentioned I wasnt a fan of the Media Favored $100 Million dollar team. They correctly guessed that I "must be a SOX fan"
I said they were correct. Sheep #1 said that we are just jealous because
the Cubs have had more a "winning tradition" than the SOX. I told him
he couldnt be more wrong .... and told him to look up recent statistics before
he makes that comment again.,

Amazing, ain't it? Time after time, they run right into our fists. You almost have to feel sorry for them.

I'm sort of new, so excuse me if this has been done before, but it might be interesting to have some kind of poll on "what is the most annoying thing about Cubs fans?"...
...that doesn't include the obvious option--"the fact that they are Cubs fans."

A_ROW33
07-13-2005, 06:55 PM
:kukoo: the loveable losers have a winning tradition...

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Didn't you see all the attendance trophies they've won in the past few years?

samram
07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Didn't you see all the attendance trophies they've won in the past few years?

It's the most coveted trophy in all of Wrigleyville.

chisoxfanatic
07-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I think Doublem23 did a column here a couple years ago that disproved anything a Cub fan could say to us...Including that our historical winning percentage is higher than the Cubs'.

I'll have to see if I can dig up that column...It was great!

BridgePortNative
07-13-2005, 07:24 PM

Aside from the famed Golden Keg, cub fans everywhere trying to get that one.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
I think Doublem23 did a column here a couple years ago that disproved anything a Cub fan could say to us...Including that our historical winning percentage is higher than the Cubs'.

I'll have to see if I can dig up that column...It was great!.

yeah i'd like to see that

chisoxfan64
07-13-2005, 07:29 PM

That and the silver cell-phone award.

Chips
07-13-2005, 08:12 PM

I'll have to see if I can dig up that column...It was great!

Actually the Flubs have a higher winning percentage than the Sox. But that is because they had some pretty decent winning teams before the turn of the century. I hate to say it, but its true.

Chips
07-13-2005, 08:13 PM
The flubs winning percentage is .515, ours is .505.

Chips
07-13-2005, 08:19 PM
However if the Flubs early seasons are not counted (1876-1900), their winning % is also .505.

A_ROW33
07-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Aside from the famed Golden Keg, cub fans everywhere trying to get that one.

I feel bad for the porcelan urinal trophy, none of them seem to realize the necessity of using one.

MarySwiss
07-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Actually the Flubs have a higher winning percentage than the Sox. But that is because they had some pretty decent winning teams before the turn of the century. I hate to say it, but its true.

Pardon the nitpick, but I believe the original poster rebutted the statement that the Cubs had a "winning tradition" as compared to the Sox. Don''t think he said anything about "winning percentage." And I think he also told the guy to check "recent" statistics.

I guess it's all about the definition of "recent."

ChiSoxRowand
07-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Speaking of Ramirez, I thought they should have gave him an error on that bouncer last night.

chisoxmike
07-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Heres a random stat...

since 2000-2004 the SOX are 428-382 with one playoff appearance
the Cubs are 397-413 with one playoff apppearance

You could go back probably even more and the Sox will still have a higher win total... I just dont want to right now.:cool:

soxwon
07-13-2005, 10:11 PM
My boss a cubs fan- said today the sox are going to drop, and the cubs will have more wins.

My Lord- isnt that the bonehead comment of the year?

but he wont bet me on it.- typical cub hyperboleship

chisoxfanatic
07-13-2005, 10:41 PM

It's quite easy to have a decent winning record when there are only like four teams in the entire league. Statistics really don't matter pre-1901, when baseball REALLY began.

chisoxfanatic
07-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Heres a random stat...

since 2000-2004 the SOX are 428-382 with one playoff appearance
the Cubs are 397-413 with one playoff apppearance

You could go back probably even more and the Sox will still have a higher win total... I just dont want to right now.:cool:

The Sox actually have more total wins than the Cubs since the beginning of baseball (1901 on, that is).

Brian26
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
My boss a cubs fan- said today the sox are going to drop, and the cubs will have more wins.

Was he talking about the Sox team charter crashing? Because that's the only ****ing way in hell that the Sox are going to "drop" and the Cubs are going to end up having more wins.

A_ROW33
07-14-2005, 08:11 AM
It's quite easy to have a decent winning record when there are only like four teams in the entire league. Statistics really don't matter pre-1901, when baseball REALLY began.

As far as I see it, it doesn't matter how many total wins, a winning tradition is winning world series, and the cubs have won one ( I think I really don't care enough to look it up) and the sox 2, including one over the cubs.

EastCoastSoxFan
07-14-2005, 08:44 AM
As far as I see it, it doesn't matter how many total wins, a winning tradition is winning world series, and the cubs have won one ( I think I really don't care enough to look it up) and the sox 2, including one over the cubs.
The Cubs won it all in '07 and '08 (both times over the Tigers)

daveeym
07-14-2005, 09:19 AM

My Lord- isnt that the bonehead comment of the year?

but he wont bet me on it.- typical cub hyperboleship Bet him your job on that one. Your job for his job straight up. Cuz anyone that stupid shouldn't be anyones boss.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2005, 10:46 AM

Maybe "Whining Tradition",but far from winning.:angry: :angry:

bumptious96
07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure they have the worst winning percentage of any non-expansion team of the past 25 years.

Hitmen77
07-14-2005, 01:08 PM

Yes, but they haven't won the pennant since '45, the WS since '08, and have only a handful of above .500 seasons in the last 30 years. Hardly a "winning tradition".

The Sox have been much more consistently competitive over the last 50 years than the Losers.