PDA

View Full Version : Alan Schwartz Opens Mouth, Inserts Foot

RKMeibalane
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=schwarz_alan&id=2106600)

Most of what he said made sense, except this:

Chicago still doesn't appear particularly imposing because the White Sox don't have overpowering pitchers (resembling last year's Cardinals) and their lineup doesn't have a monster masher.

Oh? What about that one guy who wears #35?

iamkoza
07-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=schwarz_alan&id=2106600)

i read that stupid article too and thought the same thing. Konerko on pace for 40-100, frank already has 11 hr's, Dye on pace for 35-40.... what a doof

I suppose I should email him
alan@alanschwarz.com

Sxy Mofo
07-13-2005, 04:15 PM
The media are a bunch of blind blind sheep. They have no ability to form their own opinions. For example the "urlacher is overrated" thing. One guy says it, the rest jump on, despite the fact that urlacher was second on the team in tackles and sacks, despite playing 9 games, the bears were 5-4 with him and 0-7 without him, etc etc. Then you have the small ball thing that everyone says the sox don't have power anymore. Well, if they would follow the sox and form their own opinions, they'd realize the sox still have plenty of muscle.

the bottom line out there gentleman... the media cannot form their own opinions.

Ol' No. 2
07-13-2005, 04:19 PM
White Sox don't have overpowering pitchers (resembling last year's Cardinals)You mean the pitchers who cruised to the WS championship?

SOXSINCE'70
07-13-2005, 04:57 PM

Then there's the guy wearing # 23.

:dye:

How about the guy wearing #14??

:walnuts

Just asking.

California Sox
07-13-2005, 06:03 PM
I think what he meant was "no one who's going to be league MVP." I think that's what's interesting about this team. The Cubs had two starters on the N.L. team and they're not even .500. The Sox have the best record in baseball and wouldn't have had a single starter if Halladay wasn't hit with that line drive. The Sox are winning 1 through 25 and the national media has a hard time understanding that.

SoxFan76
07-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I think what he meant was "no one who's going to be league MVP." I think that's what's interesting about this team. The Cubs had two starters on the N.L. team and they're not even .500. The Sox have the best record in baseball and wouldn't have had a single starter if Halladay wasn't hit with that line drive. The Sox are winning 1 through 25 and the national media has a hard time understanding that.

To be fair....Ramirez only started because Rolen was injured. Buehrle started because Hallday was injured. It would of been 1-0 Cubs.

White Sox Josh
07-13-2005, 09:42 PM
To be fair....Ramirez only started because Rolen was injured. Buehrle started because Hallday was injured. It would of been 1-0 Cubs.yeah and Ensberg should've started. He was robed originally.