PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Plays Funny Practical Joke on Brad Radke

rowand33
07-13-2005, 08:22 AM
From rotoworld.com:

Brad Radke was the victim of a Torii Hunter practical joke prior to the All-Star game.
Hunter put an official looking letter on Dodgers' letterhead in Radke's locker, signed by Hee-Seop Choi requesting that Radke be his pitcher in the home run derby on Monday. A pretty good joke by Hunter, considering Radke gave up three homers to Choi in June. Jul. 13 - 8:46 am et
Source: Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-briefing13jul13,1,4637287.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger)

that's hilarious.

veeter
07-13-2005, 08:24 AM
I hope that causes a big problem in their clubhouse.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2005, 08:52 AM
I hope that causes a big problem in their clubhouse.

It will. Radke is the ultimate excuse-maker when things go wrong. I'm sure he and Hunter will have a fight over it.

Jerko
07-13-2005, 09:23 AM
That is pretty funny. Not as funny as the actual game it happened in, but close.

veeter
07-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Both Radke and Santana for whatever reason are not the same pitchers as last year. Losing Koskie and Guzman hurt that team bad. I doubt Boone, and his .299 OBP will make a difference.

DaleJRFan
07-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Thats pretty good... :redneck

I wonder how Garcia or Garland would react if Konerko did something similar? :cool:

This is almost as good as the quote from ESPN.com:
"In efforts to add more excitement to the All-Star break festivities, Major League Baseball has asked Jamie Moyer to pitch in the homerun derby."

daveeym
07-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Both Radke and Santana for whatever reason are not the same pitchers as last year. Losing Koskie and Guzman hurt that team bad. I doubt Boone, and his .299 OBP will make a difference.Yeah I think Boone will definitely hurt them. Not like they had anything stellar there to begin with but Boone just gives off bad vibes.

dcb33
07-13-2005, 10:31 AM
This is almost as good as the quote from ESPN.com:
"In efforts to add more excitement to the All-Star break festivities, Major League Baseball has asked Jamie Moyer to pitch in the homerun derby."

I enjoyed reading this little nugget by Jacob Luft of SI about the best and worst from yesterday's game:

Worst Consolation Prize
Before the game, Taco Bell gave a guy the chance to win a million bucks by throwing five "strikes" through a slot in a giant blue placard. He managed only one strike so instead of a million bucks he "wins" a year's supply of Taco Bell. On the bright side, the Cincinnati Reds offered him a tryout.

Stroker Ace
07-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I wonder how Garcia or Garland would react if Konerko did something similar?They wouldn't because neither of them would give up 3 homers to one guy in the first place.

wdelaney72
07-13-2005, 01:52 PM
While I find this absolutely hysterical, I highly doubt Radke would agree, unless he and Hunter are REALLY good friends.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2005, 02:40 PM
They wouldn't because neither of them would give up 3 homers to one guy in the first place.

:butter

"But I would."

StillMissOzzie
07-13-2005, 03:27 PM

"But I would."

LMAO, RK! I forgot about Mike Cameron! Nice work!

SMO
:gulp:

Stroker Ace
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM

"But I would."HAHAHA

White Sox Josh
07-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Brad Radke - S - Twins

Brad Radke was the victim of a Torii Hunter practical joke prior to the All-Star game.
Hunter put an official looking letter on Dodgers' letterhead in Radke's locker, signed by Hee-Seop Choi requesting that Radke be his pitcher in the home run derby on Monday. A pretty good joke by Hunter, considering Radke gave up three homers to Choi in June. Jul. 13 - 8:46 am et
:rolling::rolling::roflmao::roflmao: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/style_images/1/post_snapback.gif (http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=775693)

ilsox7
07-13-2005, 09:03 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54065

munchman33
07-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I wonder how Garcia or Garland would react if Konerko did something similar? :cool:

Don't you mean when?

White Sox Josh
07-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Eric Milton would be perfect for the HR derby.

StockdaleForVeep
07-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I hope radke pulls a Bad news bears moment, gets a comebacker hit to him by frank and refuses to throw him out, allowing frank with an inside the park homerun

"THROW THE BALL JOEY!"

ma-gaga
07-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't know if any of you remember, but about 8+ years ago EA sports was pushing out their MLB game, and they started with a deep throated guy;

'Brad Radke as a rookie, threw 180 innings, struck out 120 people, had an era of 4.12...' [showing guys striking out, radke pitching, looking tough]

'and gave up 47 homeruns.' [showing the Cleveland Indians doing the "snake dance" around the bases, Radke whiplashing his head...]

"EA Sports, Great as Griffey, Real as Radke."

Best tag line ever. :gulp:

I think Radke has a good sense of humor. That was a long time ago, but he's still comes off as a mellow guy. But I'm sure this will crack the clubhouse down the middle. Pitchers vs Players. Brawls erupting. Chairs broken. Dogs and cats living together. Mass chaos!!!