PDA

View Full Version : Trade proposal

Iwritecode
11-21-2001, 11:48 AM
Sorry, this is from the troll board but I just had to put it up here. I've never seen anyone make a proposal to get Royce...

http://boards.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_chw&id=102205

Bmr31
11-21-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Sorry, this is from the troll board but I just had to put it up here. I've never seen anyone make a proposal to get Royce...

http://boards.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_chw&id=102205

no way i would do that deal. clayton is GOD!! :) :) :)

RedPinStripes
11-21-2001, 12:10 PM
That's odd. That's the first post I've seen of anyone wanting Clayton.

FarWestChicago
11-21-2001, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
That's odd. That's the first post I've seen of anyone wanting Clayton. He should have used the sarcasm color .

Iwritecode
11-21-2001, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
He should have used the sarcasm color .

I personally prefer the <sarcasm> tags. Call me old school. Or just call me too damn forgetfull to remember which color to use...

Pete Ward
11-21-2001, 01:20 PM
Its a DEAL! Who cares who we get back!

:smile:

doublem23
11-21-2001, 02:36 PM
If anyone wonders why guys like me exclusively post on this board - THERE IS YOUR PROOF!

bringbackrobin
11-21-2001, 02:41 PM
Why is it fans always propose trades involving the players nobody likes (note all the Carlos Lee proposals). Why is it there are never any "Mark Buehrle and Magglio Ordonez for Sean Burroughs, Bubba Trammell, Wiki Gonzalez and Brian Lawrence" proposals (I'm not suggesting this, it's just an example).

Clayton is pretty bad, but he is certainly good enough to be a utility guy somewhere. Goodwin and Cora should not even be allowed near a major league uniform. I fail to see how swapping one potentially useful overpaid player for two worthless overpaid players would be a good deal.

KempersRS
11-21-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
If anyone wonders why guys like me exclusively post on this board - THERE IS YOUR PROOF!

Ain't that the truth, I haven't even looked at a troll board since I came here. Don't want any of those memories to come back!

Chisox_cali
11-21-2001, 02:56 PM
Actually the Dodgers are imterested in Royce I read it in the paper today. It's not on the latimes.com website but it was in the sports section today. It was an article on who the Dodgers want to pick up and it had a pic of Izzy and a pic of Royce

bringbackrobin
11-21-2001, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I can believe that the Dodgers would be interested. I just think its funny that some Dodgers fan hears that and thinks "ooohh...maybe we can get him for Goodwin and Cora!" I mean, KW couldn't be that stupid.

Let me rephrase that...KW would have to be really, really stupid to make a trade like that.

There would be some closure if we traded Royce for that Barry kid. The right one, this time.

RedPinStripes
11-21-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Actually the Dodgers are imterested in Royce I read it in the paper today. It's not on the latimes.com website but it was in the sports section today. It was an article on who the Dodgers want to pick up and it had a pic of Izzy and a pic of Royce

Cool! They can have him.

doublem23
11-21-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bringbackrobin
Clayton is pretty bad, but he is certainly good enough to be a utility guy somewhere.

Do you honestly think JM would pay a guy $5 a year and only use him as a utility infielder?

Spiff
11-21-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Do you honestly think JM would pay a guy $5 a year and only use him as a utility infielder?

I think JR would love to pay his utility infielders $5 a year.

doublem23
11-21-2001, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
I think JR would love to pay his utility infielders $5 a year.

D'oh! $5 million.

guillen4life13
11-21-2001, 05:31 PM
I think the White Sox have completely screwed up the whole infield situation. I think Clayton is the better player over Valentin, but Valentin is cool with the team, and is a huge threat in the clutch. Clayton may have had the better BA, but he played many more games. Valentin is the main clubhouse presence, along with Pauly and Frank. Valentin may be a defensive liability, but he's the better RBI man, and is a very good baserunner even without the godgiven speed that clayton may have (however little it is, it's still better than Valentin). And I think you'd notice that Valentin's errors usually come when the Sox are way out front, and he just feels the game is in the bag, when it still may not be. He doesn't make many errors in tight situations though. Clayton doesn't make many errors period. Clayton is a crybaby though, and I think it would be better for him to go, and for Valentin to take back the SS position. Kenny, I hope to god that you aren't as stupid as Jerry Krause. Make the right move for the team to get closer to the ultimate goal... you guessed it. the world series.

Ever wonder why the White Sox really aren't covered well by any newspaper? I think that it's a shame that the team which has been cheated very badly ('94), and should have had a world series, still hardly gets as much attention as their lame counterparts across town.

doublem23
11-21-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Ever wonder why the White Sox really aren't covered well by any newspaper? I think that it's a shame that the team which has been cheated very badly ('94), and should have had a world series, still hardly gets as much attention as their lame counterparts across town.

It's simple.. The Cubs are owned by the Tribune. The Tribune is the biggest news media source this side of the New York Times, and everyone in Chicago wants to move up to the Trib, so they kiss the Cubbie's ivy-covered ass.

bringbackrobin
11-21-2001, 06:20 PM
Wait wait wait, let me explain myself. Royce Clayton has absolutely no place on this team and is horribly overpaid because a few years ago the Giants figured he looked like an everyday shortstop and nobody has opened their eyes wide enough to see that he is awful. That being said, he is good enough to be on a team somewhere as a utility man. It would not make any sense to trade one lousy player for two even lousier (and equally expensive) players. That is all I'm saying.

Daver
11-21-2001, 06:29 PM
The Daily Southtown does a very good job of covering the White Sox,and their Sox Beat writer ,Joe Cowley,is the best beat writer in Chicago.

But then again what the hell do I know?

doublem23
11-21-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by daver
The Daily Southtown does a very good job of covering the White Sox,and their Sox Beat writer ,Joe Cowley,is the best beat writer in Chicago.

Agreed.

guillen4life13
11-21-2001, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot to consider the Daily Southtown. My fault. The fact is though, that I've never read the Southtown, and I've only seen a few quotes of it on ESPN.com. I did know however that the Tribune owns the Cubs. I should have changed the way I said that. My fault.

The 2B situation needs to be solved also. Ray Durham had a subpar year (I hope). If the Sox keep him, this year should be his last. I feel that they should trade him while he's still worth something, or if he doesn't produce in '02, try a sign and trade deal for someone who's experienced and proven, and isn't too much money.

Yeah. I was afraid about Wells' health, but we already knew that Siro had pain in his shoulder, just not the extent of it. Wells is old also. They shouldn't have traded a young guy like Siro who has the potential to be a 20 game winner when he matures just a little more.

I didn't really start following the sox closely 'til the 2001 season, so I didn't really see Siro pitch that much, but of what I've heard, he was that good.

You know? I have a good feeling about 2002, even though I'm sure many of you don't.

Daver
11-21-2001, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot to consider the Daily Southtown. My fault. The fact is though, that I've never read the Southtown, and I've only seen a few quotes of it on ESPN.com. I did know however that the Tribune owns the Cubs. I should have changed the way I said that. My fault.

The 2B situation needs to be solved also. Ray Durham had a subpar year (I hope). If the Sox keep him, this year should be his last. I feel that they should trade him while he's still worth something, or if he doesn't produce in '02, try a sign and trade deal for someone who's experienced and proven, and isn't too much money.

Yeah. I was afraid about Wells' health, but we already knew that Siro had pain in his shoulder, just not the extent of it. Wells is old also. They shouldn't have traded a young guy like Siro who has the potential to be a 20 game winner when he matures just a little more.

I didn't really start following the sox closely 'til the 2001 season, so I didn't really see Siro pitch that much, but of what I've heard, he was that good.

You know? I have a good feeling about 2002, even though I'm sure many of you don't.

Ray is not a bad 2nd baseman,and finding one that does what Ray can do would be difficult,if he could learn to not swing for the fence and be more of a contact hitter he would improve his numbers dramatically.

I have a feeling that come May next year we will be on this board wondering when there will be baseball again.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
11-21-2001, 08:34 PM

Tim Hummel is the Sox 2nd base prospect. If he has a good year in AAA I doubt they resign Ray. Sirotka was good but he wasn't Pedro good or Schilling good. There's going to be a labor stopage so if there is indeed baseball at one point or another in 2002 the Sox should do well.

FarWestChicago
11-21-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by daver
Ray is not a bad 2nd baseman,and finding one that does what Ray can do would be difficult,if he could learn to not swing for the fence and be more of a contact hitter he would improve his numbers dramatically.

But then again what the hell do I know? It would help if he had more range than a fire hydrant on ground balls. :(:

Daver
11-21-2001, 08:44 PM
It would help if he had more range than a fire hydrant on ground balls.

That is why he is the official pop up guy.

:) :) This message brought to you from the STS Coalition.We thank you for your support. :) :)

Randar68
11-21-2001, 08:49 PM

Well, Siro was a good pitcher that always found a way to give up unearned runs. He never was able to pitch over mistakes until the last year he was with the Sox. Sirotka is no spring chicken. By the start of next season, I believe he will be almost 31. If he was going to mature further, I don't know how....

On the 2000 Sox, he did not win 20 games. If you can't win 20 games on a team that scores nearly 1000 runs in a season, you aren't going to win 20 games anywhere...

just my .02 won!

bla!

doublem23
11-21-2001, 11:27 PM
It would help if he had more range than a fire hydrant on ground balls. :(:

:ray
Fire hydrant? :smile: Oh, FarWest, you are too kind.

stefaninsane
11-22-2001, 04:46 PM
I would have liked to see a trade with the Mets...instead of picking up Simmons on the waiver wire, maybe we could have traded Howry for Timo Perez...he would make a good 4th or 5th outfielder; speed, defense, a little pop. Then, if he could share time in CF with Rowand, we could have traded Singleton for a low-level prospect or what have you, same goes for Royce. Also, I think they ought to sign Gregg Zaun to play C next year. He has a decent batting eye and puts up good OBPs...not to mention he'd be cheap. What a black hole that position was last year... :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
11-22-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Well, Siro was a good pitcher that always found a way to give up unearned runs. He never was able to pitch over mistakes until the last year he was with the Sox. Sirotka is no spring chicken. By the start of next season, I believe he will be almost 31. If he was going to mature further, I don't know how....

On the 2000 Sox, he did not win 20 games. If you can't win 20 games on a team that scores nearly 1000 runs in a season, you aren't going to win 20 games anywhere...

Nobody ever seemed to play well behind Sirotka. I think they spent a lot of their time waiting on their heels for something to happen. You could usually count on Sirotka to give up however many runs was necessary to lose (or nearly lose) a game.

Obviously I wish we hadn't made the Wells trade, but that's only with the benefit of hindsight. I admit I thought it was a great move last January.

RedPinStripes
11-22-2001, 09:56 PM

Careful Guillen. Some people jump all over you about a "feeling". My Rowand topic got carried to the parking lot because of my "feeling" that people didn't agree with. :smile:

I think your safe on this one though.

Good posts.

Milk anyone?
:milk

LongDistanceFan
11-22-2001, 10:08 PM

Careful Guillen. Some people jump all over you about a "feeling". My Rowand topic got carried to the parking lot because of my "feeling" that people didn't agree with. :smile:

I think your safe on this one though.

Good posts.

Milk anyone?
:milk i went to stand in the corner on that one, but i was watching, there were more to that than a feeling. you have to admit to that. lets be honest here.

guillen4life13
11-25-2001, 09:01 PM
Yeah. Thanks for the advice.

I do my best not to offend anyone. I make sure my writing doesn't have too much heavy stuff, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so it's ok if they contradict me. The only problem i'd have is someone insulting me, because that isn't really called for.

If it goes to the parking lot, it ain't my problem

I hardly go there so you're lucky if I even see the thread.

Thanks for the advice. I make it a point to learn from other people's mistakes as well as my own.

:) :) :)

RedPinStripes
11-25-2001, 09:38 PM
Yeah. Thanks for the advice.

I do my best not to offend anyone. I make sure my writing doesn't have too much heavy stuff, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so it's ok if they contradict me. The only problem i'd have is someone insulting me, because that isn't really called for.

If it goes to the parking lot, it ain't my problem

I hardly go there so you're lucky if I even see the thread.

Thanks for the advice. I make it a point to learn from other people's mistakes as well as my own.

:) :) :)

I feel the same way. laugh at the ones who try to target you. Let them get wound up. I've got better things to do then bitch some one out on the internet. It's your opinion.

guillen4life13
11-28-2001, 09:26 PM

I feel the same way. laugh at the ones who try to target you. Let them get wound up. I've got better things to do then bitch some one out on the internet. It's your opinion.

Right on, bro.

Even if I have way too much time on my hands (isn't it great to be a kid?), I still have some better things to do. (being a kid includes having friends and doing stuff with them)

listen to soundgarden or nirvana, two of the best bands in the world!!!!

Hendrix is just as good or better though.

If you want to take it to the parking lot that tool is better, be my guest. ours not to reason why.

now I'll shut up.