PDA

View Full Version : miguel tejada

DoggPhood
07-12-2005, 11:33 PM
this guy is fantastic. great player and seems like a really great guy.

when they just gave him that car, he genuinely seemed like, "why are you guys giving me a car? i already make millions of dollars. give this to a fan or give the money to people who need it."

PatK
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I thought it was hilarious that while they are talking to him and trying to interview him, he's too busy checking out the Vette to pay attention.

ilsox7
07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
The thing I love about Tejada is his attitude on playing every day. He's said numerous times that he has to be in the line-up each and every day b/c you never know when a fan is coming to his first game or only game of the year and wants to see him play.

daveeym
07-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I haven't followed much about Tejada other than knowing he's awesome but especially coming from Oakland and how he blew it up out of nowhere I just have this Sammy Sosa vibe about him.

samram
07-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I haven't followed much about Tejada other than knowing he's awesome but especially coming from Oakland and how he blew it up out of nowhere I just have this Sammy Sosa vibe about him.

However, he really started to put up huge numbers after he left Oakland after putting up very good numbers there. I also haven't noticed physical changes, although I'd have to see pictures from, say, 1999 to be sure. He's also a great fielder and I think his attitude is genuine and not a facade Sammy fed fans for 7 years.

I think he is the one position player in the game I would want most to join the Sox.

mealfred13
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Who did Oakland get for Tejada? Or was he an FA signing for the Orioles? It seems like they really screwed themselves by letting him go.

White Sox Randy
07-13-2005, 02:19 PM
you'd be shocked at how many people argued with me when Jagglio turned down all that Sox money because he wanted more than Tejada makes.

I kept saying he isn't as valuable as Tejada and all these Jaggs lovers were willing to pay the guy the moon. If were KW I would have told Ordonez and the public that we're not paying you what Guerrero and Tejada get because you are not as good nor as valuable.

samram
07-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Who did Oakland get for Tejada? Or was he an FA signing for the Orioles? It seems like they really screwed themselves by letting him go.

He signed as a free agent.

batmanZoSo
07-13-2005, 02:36 PM
you'd be shocked at how many people argued with me when Jagglio turned down all that Sox money because he wanted more than Tejada makes.

I kept saying he isn't as valuable as Tejada and all these Jaggs lovers were willing to pay the guy the moon. If were KW I would have told Ordonez and the public that we're not paying you what Guerrero and Tejada get because you are not as good nor as valuable.

Right, if Magglio could put up the same numbers playing SHORTSTOP, then he'd be invaluable. Frankly, a healthy Magglio's not the hitter either of those two are and not as valuable defensively either.

ChiSoxRowand
07-13-2005, 02:47 PM

He was really good with the A's too, he won the MVP in 200. He just started getting more attention when he moved to the east coast. Oakland couldn't afford to pay him, plus they had Bobby Crosby waiting in the wings.

eriqjaffe
07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
He doesn't seem that much bigger...certainly nothing like Sosa or Bonds:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4317/tejada991nb.jpghttp://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3530/tejada054ic.jpg

samram
07-13-2005, 02:56 PM
He was really good with the A's too, he won the MVP in 200. He just started getting more attention when he moved to the east coast. Oakland couldn't afford to pay him, plus they had Bobby Crosby waiting in the wings.

Jason Giambi "won" the MVP award in 2000.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Jason Giambi "won" the MVP award in 2000.

:hurt

*steam rising from head*

daveeym
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
He was really good with the A's too, he won the MVP in 200. He just started getting more attention when he moved to the east coast. Oakland couldn't afford to pay him, plus they had Bobby Crosby waiting in the wings.Yeah, he blew up in Oakland, a few nothing special years and then his MVP year. That's why depending on when that oakland pic in the next post was taken it might not be a good comparison.