PDA

View Full Version : Tino to Cards?

duke of dorwood
11-21-2001, 11:25 AM
The Yankees are about to give Jason Giambi 96 million reasons to sign with them. According to The New York Daily News, the Yanks are prepared to offer Giambi a six-year, $96 million deal to ply his trade in the Bronx. GM Brian Cashman spoke Tuesday to Giambi's agent, Arn Tellem.

This comes on the heels of reports that St. Louis is likely out of the running for Giambi. Instead, The Daily News reports, the Cardinals are preparing to make a run at current Yankee first sacker Tino Martinez. That means a two-horse derby, the A's and Yanks, for the services of Giambi.

FarWestChicago
11-21-2001, 11:28 AM
The rumor mill out here has the Lumbering Ox in pinstripes and Barry Bonds going to the Mets to keep them from falling off the map in NYC.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-21-2001, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
The rumor mill out here has the Lumbering Ox in pinstripes and Barry Bonds going to the Mets to keep them from falling off the map in NYC.

Meanwhile our guy has orders to search the waiver wire.

:reinsy
"If the fans come out, we can afford chocolate ice cream. But the fans don't come out, so...

:jerry
"...so only Royce gets chocolate ice cream."

:hitless
"That's right, old man. What time are we eating tomorrow?"

foulkesfan11
11-21-2001, 10:01 PM
Hello Sir. Here I am. How many days til Sox Fest?

:rowand

FarWestChicago
11-21-2001, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Hello Sir. Here I am. How many days til Sox Fest?

:rowand Welcome to WSI foulkesfan11!

Daver
11-21-2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Welcome to WSI foulkesfan11!

Yeah welcome aboard,and please feel free to join the STS coalition.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

This message brought to you by the STS Coalition.We thank you for your support.

duke of dorwood
11-21-2001, 10:35 PM
70 days til Soxfest and the Super Bowl weekend

:overtime

I might have to miss Soxfest then

foulkesfan11
11-22-2001, 12:22 PM
:rowand

Thanks for the welcomes Far West & Dave R! I have Duke of Dorwood to thank for getting me back into this. I was the one to actually introduce him to this board a long time ago. Now he lives here! hee hee

As for the Superbowl, that's on a Sunday. You can still go to Sox Fest Fri & Sat!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!