PDA

View Full Version : They moved Jackie Robinson

ChiSoxRowand
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm sure other people have noticed this. They moved the Jackie Robinson mural into right field away from all the other murals and put an add up. I don't know why the couldn't just put the add in right field. The murals looked a lot better when they were all together.

santo=dorf
07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
:threadrules:

However, I'm not a fan of the red Pioneer signs.

anewman35
07-12-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm sure other people have noticed this. They moved the Jackie Robinson mural into right field away from all the other murals and put an add up. I don't know why the couldn't just put the add in right field. The murals looked a lot better when they were all together.

I actually sort of like it, it separates him from the players who were actually on the Sox. I think a couple other stadiums also have his retired number thing separate from the regular ones.

I have to presume the reason they did it, though, was that Pioneer wanted their ads in center field for whatever reason (I dunno if anybody else noticed this, but the one in right center was there first, the one in left center didn't show up til a few games later).

Also recently the team filled in the two ad gaps on the Scoreboard with ads for the Suntimes and Motorola (who now sponsors Monday night, which I think was sponsorless before). Apparently winning has it's benefits.

bennyw41
07-12-2005, 04:24 PM

No offense dude, but do we need to complain about EVERYTHING?

CHISOXFAN13
07-12-2005, 04:26 PM

It was going to have to be done eventually anyway because Frank's number will be retired soon.

SpammySosa
07-12-2005, 04:28 PM
No offense dude, but do we need to complain about EVERYTHING?

But this might affect the team chemistry!:redneck

LuvSox
07-12-2005, 04:31 PM
It was going to have to be done eventually anyway because Frank's number will be retired soon.

The first thing I thought was "Cool, another number will be retired soon." Then I came to my senses.

paciorek1983
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM
I actually sort of like it, it separates him from the players who were actually on the Sox. I think a couple other stadiums also have his retired number thing separate from the regular ones.

I have to presume the reason they did it, though, was that Pioneer wanted their ads in center field for whatever reason (I dunno if anybody else noticed this, but the one in right center was there first, the one in left center didn't show up til a few games later).

Also recently the team filled in the two ad gaps on the Scoreboard with ads for the Suntimes and Motorola (who now sponsors Monday night, which I think was sponsorless before). Apparently winning has it's benefits.

I like it as well. Jackie didn't play for the Sox, so it should have been separate anyway.

I'm glad they've finally filled in the two blank ads on the "Scoreboard". It looked really bad with those blank spaces. I'm kind of surprised, considering Brooks had taken the large bottom ad space out of their ad space inventory. Now, if we can only get those dingbats at McDonald's to go along with the idea of sponsoring a clock where it should be!!

soxfanreggie
07-12-2005, 05:41 PM
For those complaining about this, why not complain about Robinson's sign being blue and all the Sox signs green..who cares :D:

Chips
07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I don't even think Robinson should have a picture up. I know MLB retired his number altogether, but Robinson never was a Sox and we don't need a picture of him in our ballpark.

brewcrew/chisox
07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't even think Robinson should have a picture up. I know MLB retired his number altogether, but Robinson never was a Sox and we don't need a picture of him in our ballpark.

:?:

We do need a picture of him. If it weren't for him, 90% of our team right now wouldn't even be playing.

Stroker Ace
07-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I noticed the ad on the outfield wall the other day .

Chips
07-12-2005, 06:58 PM
:?:

We do need a picture of him. If it weren't for him, 90% of our team right now wouldn't even be playing.

90% might be an exaggeration, but I see your point. I just happen to disagree. Is there a picture of the first black to play football in every stadium? No, but then again, most people don't know who the first black to play football was. I am glad they separated him from the actual Sox players.

StockdaleForVeep
07-12-2005, 07:24 PM
:threadrules:

However, I'm not a fan of the red Pioneer signs.

Dammit dorf, i was lookin all over for that pic for my sig, grrrrrrr

santo=dorf
07-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Dammit dorf, i was lookin all over for that pic for my sig, grrrrrrr

I've been wanting it for a long time, so today I decided to make it on my own. :cool:

FRANK FORT
07-13-2005, 07:56 AM
POSSIBLE TRIBUNE HEADLINE:

RACIST SOX FANS APPLAUD SEGREGATION OF ROBINSON'S PICTURE!