PDA

View Full Version : Important Boston News

ma-gaga
07-12-2005, 02:05 PM
In honor of fenway, I dedicate the following thread:

Study: 96-Percent of Boston Sports Fans Have No Idea How Annoying They Are

According to a study set to be released today by the Center for Sports Research, a whopping 96-percent of Boston sports fans have no idea how unbelievably annoying they are to those who are not supporters of the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins.

“It’s amazing. The vast majority of these people actually think that they behave just as any other fans do, and that people who have a problem with them are simply jealous,” said the study’s director, Dr. Michael Kreager, a Princeton sociologist. “When in fact, almost all Boston fans have become obnoxious M*******s of the highest order.”

Due to an overwhelming inferiority complex stemming from decades of playing second fiddle to New York, the study found that Boston fans are woefully lacking in knowledge of how to respectfully conduct themselves when one of their teams actually wins. But worse, they revel in their boorish behavior and seem to find more enjoyment in flaunting their good fortune in the faces of others than they do in sincerely celebrating and relishing their teams’ achievements.

Full Article Here. (http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume4/2005-0706-boston.html)

“That is wicked stupid. People are just jealous. What – did some Yankees fan make up that study? Probably, ‘cause the Yankees suck!” said Tommy Reilly, a 27-year old Boston bartender. “Yeah, that’s right. You heard me. The Yankees suck!”

SoxFan76
07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
:D: that was pretty funny. haha

Stroker Ace
07-12-2005, 06:58 PM
IIRC, there was a previous thread about this. The article is from www.sportspickle.com (http://www.sportspickle.com).

Chips
07-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Besides fenway, I hate Boston fans, and Boston for that matter, basically the entire Northeast.

C-Dawg
07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
A Cub-fan friend of mine always complains about Sox fans because they have shirts that say stuff like "Cubs Suck", "Sosa Cork Co.", "Choke!" etc etc...... Well, this year he bought tickets to see the Red Sox at the Cell, so I warned him he'd be seeing REAL mean-spirited fans at that game, with their "F--- the Yankees" shirts and stuff like that - genuine East Coast profanity.

chitownhawkfan
07-12-2005, 10:11 PM
I've been on a week long rant about Boston fans but I cannot help it. This article although intended to be humorous couldnt be further from the truth. I've never been to Boston and always looked upon it rather favorably until the last five years. We are cursed, are fans deserve this, We love our baahlpahk, not to mention: Jimmy Fallon, Ben Affleck, Steven King, George Will and every other pink hat wearing Hollywood whore. What really drives me crazy are seeing certain unnamed people on these message boards shove championship rings in my face or talk about whats going on in Boston this week. If I lived in that little crap town I might care. But thankfully I dont, I live in one of the worlds greatest cities, Chicago, and I shouldnt have to hear some clown talk about Peter Gammons and Johnny Damon doing a charity event. The reason I love this site is its the one place in Chicago where I dont have to hear from DBag cubs fans or mediots, now my last refuge is being bombarded by boorish clowns from Wrigley East. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.republicangear.com/boston%20Sucks%20Round.jpg

Baby Fisk
07-13-2005, 07:58 AM
I've been on a week long rant about Boston fans but I cannot help it. This article although intended to be humorous couldnt be further from the truth. I've never been to Boston and always looked upon it rather favorably until the last five years. We are cursed, are fans deserve this, We love our baahlpahk, not to mention: Jimmy Fallon, Ben Affleck, Steven King, George Will and every other pink hat wearing Hollywood whore. What really drives me crazy are seeing certain unnamed people on these message boards shove championship rings in my face or talk about whats going on in Boston this week. If I lived in that little crap town I might care. But thankfully I dont, I live in one of the worlds greatest cities, Chicago, and I shouldnt have to hear some clown talk about Peter Gammons and Johnny Damon doing a charity event. The reason I love this site is its the one place in Chicago where I dont have to hear from DBag cubs fans or mediots, now my last refuge is being bombarded by boorish clowns from Wrigley East. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Some valid points here. I've been to Boston and it's a nice city, but I don't come to WSI to have to swim through the deluge of daily updates about Boston.

Perhaps the bigger lesson to fans here is now NOT to behave after the Sox win in 2005.

Iwritecode
07-13-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't come to WSI to have to swim through the deluge of daily updates about Boston.

Perhaps the bigger lesson to fans here is now NOT to behave after the Sox win in 2005.

There is an ignore feature on this board...

EastCoastSoxFan
07-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Besides fenway, I hate Boston fans, and Boston for that matter, basically the entire Northeast.
Hey, if you want to be around fans who are REAL easy to hate, come to Philly.
There's an oft-cited story about Philadelphians once booing Santa Claus, and I was at a Bulls/Sixers game a few years back in which the fans booed the halftime show...

chitownhawkfan
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey, if you want to be around fans who are REAL easy to hate, come to Philly.
There's an oft-cited story about Philadelphians once booing Santa Claus, and I was at a Bulls/Sixers game a few years back in which the fans booed the halftime show...

Are there people worse than Bostonians, if there are man would i hate to have to deal with them.

:andy
The Atlantic seaboard blows!

SOXSINCE'70
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Are there people worse than Bostonians, if there are man would i hate to have to deal with them.

:andy
The Atlantic seaboard blows!

THERE ARE.They're called NOO YAWK-AHS.:D: :D: :D:

THIS JUST IN: 2000% of New York fails to realise that fans in
Chicago,Cleveland,Toronto,Seattle,and various other cities
COULD CARE LESS IF THE YANKMEES MAKE THE DAMN PLAYOFFS.:angry:

bigfoot
07-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Yet another definition of oxymoron:

Important Boston News

Norberto7
07-13-2005, 09:46 PM
and I was at a Bulls/Sixers game a few years back in which the fans booed the halftime show...

Haha, I like that. 95% of halftime shows probably deserve to be booed.