PDA

View Full Version : Gene Stephenson back at Wichita State

Fungo
07-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Stephenson leaves Wichita State for Oklahoma then returns to Wichita State after scholarship issues at Oklahoma. He is WSU baseball, good to see him staying.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/050712stephenson.html

doublem23
07-12-2005, 03:26 PM
As fan of another Valley team... ****.

wxkid23
07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Gene has produced quite the outrage here in Wichita, KS the last 24 hrs. While many on the outside may think this is great for Wichita State, it is and it isn't. Gene at 59 is clearly past his prime and many WSU fans wonder if he has much left in the tank, and believe me, he is an old 59. We have failed to make the CWS in 10 years and our teams in recent years have been very poor compared to our best years. Gene clearly wanted to go to OU... he now returns due to a scholarship problem which was unable to be agreed on. Gene was giving a PC at OU yesterday and basically said WSU could no longer compete for the CWS.. now he is coming back and says we can, he has a lot of explaining and apologizing to do, he is also issued some plain lies a couple days prior to this about his interest in the job. While many WSU fans are happy he's back and here for good, many others were looking forward to some new blood and a younger face on the sidelines. I, myself, really could go either way, i'll wait to see how it all unfolds.

Niagara
07-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Wow! Gene comes back AND BTK's house is auctioned off! What a newsworthy, exciting day in Wichita.

Fungo
07-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Gene has produced quite the outrage here in Wichita, KS the last 24 hrs. While many on the outside may think this is great for Wichita State, it is and it isn't. Gene at 59 is clearly past his prime and many WSU fans wonder if he has much left in the tank, and believe me, he is an old 59. We have failed to make the CWS in 10 years and our teams in recent years have been very poor compared to our best years. Gene clearly wanted to go to OU... he now returns due to a scholarship problem which was unable to be agreed on. Gene was giving a PC at OU yesterday and basically said WSU could no longer compete for the CWS.. now he is coming back and says we can, he has a lot of explaining and apologizing to do, he is also issued some plain lies a couple days prior to this about his interest in the job. While many WSU fans are happy he's back and here for good, many others were looking forward to some new blood and a younger face on the sidelines. I, myself, really could go either way, i'll wait to see how it all unfolds.Interesting. I'm a Missouri Valley Conference fan having played at Indiana State and during my time there, the guy was a legend and I'm sure still is. Good to hear the Wichita side of things. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since a trip to the CWS, but you are right. Thanks.

Banix12
07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Damn, and I thought the MVC was free of this jerk.