PDA

View Full Version : Sox Wristband

Thunderstruck30
07-12-2005, 12:57 AM
I was at the Walgreens on 169th in Hammond on Monday, and I saw a Sox wristband. They werent the black Sox Pride ones, they were white and had the Sox symbol then the words "White Sox" then the MLB symbol. Has anyone ever seen these before? It was the first time I had ever seen them. I dont know if the money was for charity either.

NWSox
07-12-2005, 01:29 AM
I just saw these on the whitesox.com website. They are for the White Sox Charities. I ordered some. My kids are into the wristbands.

Oops, just read your post closer - I don't know about the white ones. I just ordered the black ones.

StillMissOzzie
07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
I was at the Walgreens on 169th in Hammond on Monday, and I saw a Sox wristband. They werent the black Sox Pride ones, they were white and had the Sox symbol then the words "White Sox" then the MLB symbol. Has anyone ever seen these before? It was the first time I had ever seen them. I dont know if the money was for charity either.

I've seen both Sox and Cubs wristbands at Walgreen's, White Hen, etc. They are strictly private enterprise, NO $ to White Sox Charities or Cubs Care, although I would imagine that all MLB teams get a cut for using the licensed logos.

You can still get the official Sox Pride wristbands for $2 at Sox games, where money does go to White Sox Charities.

SMO
:gulp:

MsSoxVixen22
07-12-2005, 08:55 AM
I got some from Walgreens too. Mine's the black white and gray one. I order some for the White Sox charities awhile ago but they're taking forever to get here. Anyone order any of whitesox.com and did it take forever to get yours? :rolleyes:

Kilroy
07-12-2005, 09:24 AM
I got some from Walgreens too. Mine's the black white and gray one. I order some for the White Sox charities awhile ago but they're taking forever to get here. Anyone order any of whitesox.com and did it take forever to get yours? :rolleyes:

I ordered 20 of them and got them in 4 days. But that was back in April. Since they are kickin ass, the demand has probably gone up...

SouthSideSoxFan
07-12-2005, 09:39 AM
I tried to buy some last weekend during the Oakland games, but they were sold out. The woman at guest relations said they expected more in two weeks.

BNLSox
07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Outside the park they sell a three pack that has a white, a gray, and a swirl of white, gray, and black for a total of $6. They have the logo, then say White Sox, and then have the MLB trademark. The inside declares that they were made in China and says MLB 2005.

They're pretty cool but a little loose fitting and the money does not go to charities. Plus I'm starting to think they are cursed as I bought them after the Wednesday night game and we all know what has happened since.

Ron Karkovice
07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I've also seen the white, gray, and mix of white/gray/black in mall stores like finishline and footlocker.

I'm mad at myself because the other day when i was taking off my white sox pride bracelet it snapped! And I gave away all my other ones to family and friends.:angry:

AaronsAmigos
07-12-2005, 11:50 AM
were they 2 bucks like the rest of them?

WagMan
07-12-2005, 09:41 PM
The wristbands you find at your local retailers will generally be priced like this:

single pack - $2.00
Three pack - $5.00
That is the manufacturers suggested retail when they hit the stores. Anyone trying to sell them above that price is just rippin you off. Yes, they are MLB licensed and MLB and the team get a cut. No, the money does not go to any charity when you purchase them at a retail outlet.

Disantinon
07-12-2005, 11:19 PM
People honestly like these? I almost had a heart attack out of sheer anger when I saw the Cubs "believe" ones. Now Sox wristbands? Maybe you'd be better off at Wrigley on Barbie giveaway day, cataching some sun and ignoring some baseball.

Seriously what is the deal with these wristbands of any kind? Wow! You raised a nickle for cancer research! What a hero! How much government and private funds are spent on that a year? Millions? Billions? What a difference you made. Oh wait! There's more? You think cancer is bad? What a great guy! I think killing babies is bad, where's my ribbon?

Please, leave the bracelet wearing for Cub fans.

TornLabrum
07-12-2005, 11:28 PM
People honestly like these? I almost had a heart attack out of sheer anger when I saw the Cubs "believe" ones. Now Sox wristbands? Maybe you'd be better off at Wrigley on Barbie giveaway day, cataching some sun and ignoring some baseball.

Seriously what is the deal with these wristbands of any kind? Wow! You raised a nickle for cancer research! What a hero! How much government and private funds are spent on that a year? Millions? Billions? What a difference you made. Oh wait! There's more? You think cancer is bad? What a great guy! I think killing babies is bad, where's my ribbon?

First of all, I doubt that the manufacturing and promotion of the Sox Pride wristbands (the ones that do go to White Sox Charities) costs anywhere near $1.95. So I'm sure more than a nickel goes to White Sox Charities. BTW, White Sox Charities does everything from donations to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities (the same organization to which the Windy City Sox Fans donate) but also to such things as rebuilding baseball diamonds, including many in the city and one that was destroyed in the Utica tornado.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-12-2005, 11:53 PM

I respect your opinion...I hope you respect my decision to ignore it...

chisox2005
07-12-2005, 11:55 PM
I respect your opinion...I hope you respect my decision to ignore it...

Amen brother :rolleyes: