PDA

View Full Version : It's all my fault!

DC Sox Fan
07-11-2005, 06:33 PM
OK enough of this dark cloud crap. I'm a superstitious person- only about sports though. Time to lighten the mood with a funny/ridiculous thread about sox superstitions

Therefore, I'd like to take blame for the sweep this past weekend for 2 reasons:

1) I bought a new cell phone, and chucked the old one with the White Sox screensaver that had been on since December. I have now downloaded a new sox screensaver for the new phone, it's not identical but hopefully problem will be fixed.

2) I parked my car with the Sox sunshade in a spot where if I usually park it, they lose. I was gone all weekend and actually came close to calling one of my roommates to tell them to move the car. My car will not be parked there again.

Maybe this thread is silly but hopefully we can have some fun with it...

patbooyah
07-11-2005, 06:36 PM
i had one of those old sox hats with a "c" on the front, but started wearing the 80s one where sox is written across the front.

chisoxfan64
07-11-2005, 06:38 PM
I take full responsibility for Sunday`s loss. Before I left for the game I put new Sox shoelaces in my shoes because the old ones were so faded.

MIgrenade
07-11-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm kind of between hats right now and that's not helping anything.

Ol' No. 2
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
I didn't get to watch the beginning of Sunday's game, but I flipped on the car radio as I headed home to find the Sox ahead 5-4. This was the top of the 7th. The A's promptly scored 3. I got home right after the Swisher HR in the top 9th and didn't bother to turn it on the TV. Flipping channels later I was surprised to find that the game was still on and that the Sox had tied it up in the 9th right after I turned it off. It was the top of the 11th when I started watching again. The A's immediately scored the winning run.

From now on I watch from the beginning or not at all.

MarySwiss
07-11-2005, 07:04 PM
No, it's all my fault!

I failed the team because I did not employ a tried-and-true tactic that has long served well.

During the magical Bulls run, I became aware of the fact that if the Bulls were losing and I went to bed, frequently when I woke up the next morning, viola! (as Kelli Bundy would say), they had engineered a come-from-behind victory. This has worked more than once or twice so far this season as well--even though it has often meant that I had to go to bed in mid-afternoon. But no sacrifice is too great!

So when the Sox tied the game yesterday, I should have taken the hint and done my part. I was duty-bound. IT'S ALL MY FAULT, AND I SUCK!!!

(BTW, Glad to see that Twins fan is gawn. Mercy!)