PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Who's headed to Cleveland

Chisox003
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, this is the *Official* (:rolleyes: ) Cleveland trip thread...

Who's going?

When are you leaving, where are you staying?

Where'd you get tickets (If you already got them) and where are you sitting?

Im leaving with a few friends Saturday morning at 4 A.M. :thud:

Getting tickets as soon as we get there (5 1/2 hour drive from Chicago) and staying for Saturday and Sunday's games...

Anybody with tips on how to get there or what to do when there let me know...

Buehrle and Garland fresh off an All star appearance...Should be fun :gulp:

wildcat
07-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I'll be there for Saturday's game with my parents who are Indians fans. I don't know yet where we'll be sitting, since my dad got the tickets from the team store near his house. I'll be staying with my parents, so I'm no help there. If you're driving to the game, I suggest parking at Tower City Mall. There's a big, secure parking lot, reasonably priced (used to be $10; I don't know if it still is), and there's a tunnel to the stadium. Should be a great series!

EastCoastSoxFan
07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
I'll be driving from Philly on Friday afternoon for the game that night and staying for the Saturday afternoon game, so if there are any pre-game Sox fan gatherings on Friday night or Saturday around lunchtime I'd love to meet whoever will be there.
I'll be sitting in the lower deck behind the plate in my unmarked authentic home jersey for both games...

akingamongstmen
07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
I'll be at Thursday's game in the left field bleachers. I just recently moved to Canton, OH to start a new job, so I'm pretty excited that the Sox are coming to town. My brothers are even driving here from Chicago to help me support the boys.

soxfan43
07-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I am trying to make it as well. i lived with four buddies from cleveland in college, so it'll be extra fun seeing the sox beat up on the tribe.

Dat Funky Motion
07-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I will be there for Fri & Sat. I got my Tix on Ebay for both games,1st base side row bb. They also came with a parking pass and a pass to the resturant.:bandance:

WikdChiSoxFan
07-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm there Fri & Sat. perhaps Sunday too. Not sure where I'm staying or where I'm sitting...I left that to my slightly more responsible buddy....but I'll post it once the details are solidified.

Chisox003
07-11-2005, 11:02 PM
I shouldve included this in my original post, but there are tickets still available right?

Because we plan on walking up saturday AND sunday and just buying seats, so we can sit in different places each day...

I wouldnt think those games are sold out, but if theyre close I gotta get some tickets

CubKilla
07-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Ma and a friend will be there for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's games. Looking forward to it..... and the Great Lakes Brewery :gulp:

Whitesox029
07-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Take me with you!:(:

slobes
07-12-2005, 01:33 AM
The Toledo Mud Hens are in town Saturday; my dad and I are gonna catch that game and then head on over to Cleveland for Sunday's game.

ilsox7
07-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Ma and a friend will be there for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's games. Looking forward to it..... and the Great Lakes Brewery :gulp:

Great Lakes is AWESOME. It's up there with Bell's, Goose, Three Floyds, and Victory as top craft brewery east of the Misissippi.

Also, look to see if they have the $5 tickets still at the Jake.

DaveIsHere
07-12-2005, 08:56 AM
I will be in town Friday, and we are staying at the SHraton right by the park, so we can always meet up Friday night after the game at the bar in our hotel, that would be easy.

We are going to the game on Saturday, and if any one wants to hunt down Sox player at some of the local establilshments let me know

1951Campbell
07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
I'll be there Saturday, right by the right field foul pole.

DaveIsHere
07-12-2005, 10:23 AM
I'll be there Saturday, right by the right field foul pole.

I will be near there also, in my Rowand Jersey

1951Campbell
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
I will be near there also, in my Rowand Jersey

If you see a 30-ish guy rocking the "Einhorn E"-era Sox gear, that's me.

DaveIsHere
07-12-2005, 01:51 PM
So who knows what Hotel the players stay at, or what establishments they may take in?

StepsInSC
07-12-2005, 07:43 PM
I'll be there Saturday, Section 117 (also near the right field foul pole) in a road Thomas jersey.

Chips
07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I will be going in September.

CubKilla
07-12-2005, 10:30 PM
It's up there with Bell's, Goose, Three Floyds, and Victory as top craft brewery east of the Misissippi.

Had some from all of the above and I'm sort of a regular at 3 Floyd's. Great Lakes and 3F's are definitely in my Top 3 of all time as far as quality goes. I haven't had a bad beer from either of those two breweries yet. GL's is an added bonus this weekend :tongue: