PDA

View Full Version : New White Sox trade thought............

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 02:14 PM
We should just keep who we have and win with that!

SOXSINCE'70
07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
A little bullpen tweaking couldn't hurt.:cool: :cool:

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Honestly though I really doubt we will get anyone

BigEdWalsh
07-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I'd like to see the addition of an added big stick, like adding "Big Klu" in '59, in addition to adding a proven starter.

Who the big stick would be, I'm not sure. I'm not at all happy with Contreras and would like an upgrade there. As for giving up prospects, heck yeah. When you have this good a shot at going all the way, go for it.

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Um we could be here is the problem we are looking at Zach day ***. He is no better than anyone else we haev on the team.

Who would we get we are set offfensivly in my opinion, So That is why I Dont think we will get anyone.

ondafarm
07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
I've heard elsewhere that a trade with the Marlins, AJ Burnett for McCarthy, Marte and a left-handed hitting outfielder was in the offing.

It depends on whom the lefty is to see how I like it.

BigEdWalsh
07-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Um we could be here is the problem we are looking at Zach day ***. He is no better than anyone else we haev on the team.

Who would we get we are set offfensivly in my opinion, So That is why I Dont think we will get anyone.

Um, I agree about Zack day, I mean Zack Day ***.
Offensively, um we can do way better than Timo or Willie Harris.

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Ya but who would we get for an offensive player.

Ol' No. 2
07-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I've heard elsewhere that a trade with the Marlins, AJ Burnett for McCarthy, Marte and a left-handed hitting outfielder was in the offing.

It depends on whom the lefty is to see how I like it.That would be an awful deal. First of all, it's way too much for a half-year rental. Second, it strengthens the starting rotation, which is already one of the best in baseball, at the expense of weakening the bullpen, which is already suffering from a lack of depth.

shoota
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
We should just keep who we have and win with that!

I'm starting to agree with this opinion. There are very few players I'd want the Sox to acquire for the World Series run, and I don't think it's likely for either one to get traded here. Clemens, Wagner, Ensberg or Randa would be welcomed, obvious upgrades to the team. Outside of those players, I'd think the Sox would be trading just to trade.

I'm happy with all 24 players on this team, partly because I have confidence in Don Cooper maximizing the pitching talent on this team.

ATXBMX
07-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Honestly though I really doubt we will get anyone

You don't know Kenny Williams then.

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 03:37 PM
We have a winning team already why f### with it?

White Sox Randy
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
The Sox aren't trading for an outfielder, catcher, first or second baseman.

The only possibilities are someone for the left side of the infield - a utility guy most likely. Who is available that would be better than Crede or Uribe ? Maybe Vizquel ? I would still keep Crede and Uribe.

They could use a bullpen guy but he would have to be top notch because our bullpen is already deep - a lefty would be nice. Wagner would be good. The only problem is everyone wants him. He would be very expensive and likely gone next year.

A starting pitcher ? A.J. Burnett is not worth what they are asking for. I would go all out for Schmidt if he were completely healthy which he is not.

I would be surprised if we made a big trade.