PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers headed to Detroit

JermaineDye05
07-11-2005, 01:12 PM
well it seems Kenny will be participating in this, I still cant believe he's doing this, whats your opinion on this

SOXSINCE'70
07-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Booooooooooooo!!!!!:angry:

HebrewHammer
07-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Awesome, I didn't think Detroit was a big country music city. I hope he sings the national anthem.

Erik The Red
07-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Awesome, I didn't think Detroit was a big country music city. I hope he sings the national anthem.
:tealpolice:

fquaye149
07-11-2005, 02:02 PM
:tealpolice:

can we stop putting teal police tags in reference to posts that are quite obviously sarcasm? basically all you're saying is "i get the joke." congrats.

SOXPHILE
07-11-2005, 02:13 PM
This is going to be a major embarrassment to MLB. The booing is going to be extremely loud, and the T.V. announcers and producers are going to probably go to some length to cover it up. Very awkward. I remember for the 1983 All-Star game, the N.L. president forced Whitey Herzog to put Fernando Valenzuela on the team, even though he wasn't voted on. It got some publicity, because Herzog didn't want to. When they introduced Fernando at Comiskey, there was alot of booing, and you could see it embarrassed/pissed him off.

Rocklive99
07-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Too bad Everett isn't going, you know he'd spend the whole time taping Rogers with his personal camcorder, and he might've even, dare I say, "get in his face" with it

SoxSpeed22
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
This is going to be a major embarrassment to MLB. The booing is going to be extremely loud, and the T.V. announcers and producers are going to probably go to some length to cover it up. Very awkward. I remember for the 1983 All-Star game, the N.L. president forced Whitey Herzog to put Fernando Valenzuela on the team, even though he wasn't voted on. It got some publicity, because Herzog didn't want to. When they introduced Fernando at Comiskey, there was alot of booing, and you could see it embarrassed/pissed him off.Once again, proof that Bud Selig has none of the following:
Spine
Guts
Cojones
Testicular fortitude
Intestinal fortitude
The commissioner doesn't step in and have a say about this? Is it just me, or is it that every All-Star break, we get a chance to rip on him?

SOXSINCE'70
07-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Too bad Everett isn't going, you know he'd spend the whole time taping Rogers with his personal camcorder, and he might've even, dare I say, "get in his face" with it

If Kenny Rogers takes on "Crazy" Carl Everett,he gets what
he deserves.And it would be much more then a shove.:angry:

Baby Fisk
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
can we stop putting teal police tags in reference to posts that are quite obviously sarcasm? basically all you're saying is "i get the joke." congrats.Or at least throw in a line from the Teal Trooper to make it worthwhile. :cool:

chisoxfan64
07-11-2005, 05:23 PM
They should have him perform "Coward of the County"

Fenway
07-11-2005, 05:40 PM
If you are Terry Francona do you USE him?

slobes
07-12-2005, 12:13 AM
C'mon he's suspended; if the all-star game happens to fall during his suspension time, then it's his fault. At least it'll send a message to all the other players.

faneidde
07-12-2005, 06:36 AM
*cough* asshat */cough*

Steakpita
07-12-2005, 11:57 AM
DUDE i thought you meant in a trade. You scared the **** out of me. Jeezus.

(no teal. If anyone in the AL Central gets Kenny Rogers it better be us.)

Brian26
07-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I think this shows a complete lack of class by Rogers not to step aside.

I can guarantee there's not a chance in hell, unless something crazy happens (ie extra extra innings), that this guy plays tonight.

RichFitztightly
07-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I can guarantee there's not a chance in hell, unless something crazy happens (ie extra extra innings), that this guy plays tonight.

Really!? I have no doubt that he'll play tonight. If for no other reason than to avoid all the questions and assumptions that his action played a role in him staying on the bench. I don't even think if they use the excuse that Rogers didn't want to aggrivate his broken pinkie, they'll get to escape any scrutiny.

I agree with you that Rogers should have stepped aside. Though at 40 years old, I'd think long and hard about giving up my last chance at an All-Star game.