PDA

View Full Version : ChicagoSports Article - Carl Crawford whining about Pods

redOzone
07-11-2005, 01:46 PM
A White Sox election heist (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0507110125jul11,1,3141150.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) - July 11, 2005

"I don't know how that's going to go over with the players, campaigning like that," Crawford told the St. Petersburg Times late Wednesday. "It's a little bush league, probably." from Francona unsure when, how he'll use Podsednik (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050707soxbits,1,7344944.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) - July 7, 2005

:pods:

RallyBowl
07-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Carl Crawford Can Kiss My A$$. Two Words: Sour Grapes.

MUScholar21
07-11-2005, 02:35 PM
A White Sox election heist (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0507110125jul11,1,3141150.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) - July 11, 2005

"I don't know how that's going to go over with the players, campaigning like that," Crawford told the St. Petersburg Times late Wednesday. "It's a little bush league, probably." from Francona unsure when, how he'll use Podsednik (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050707soxbits,1,7344944.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) - July 7, 2005

:pods:

How about whining about not making the All Star team? I think that is the DEFINITION of bush league.

Southsider101
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
When you play in one of America's Worst Baseball Cities, you have no right to complain.

BridgePortNative
07-11-2005, 06:05 PM
what's more bush leugue is his complaining, Scotty did what he had to do to get his name out, Crawford didn't, thats his problem

Southsider101
07-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Bush league, Carl? That's the way they do it in Bridgeport, the major league of politics where electioneering is an art form.

One of the better lines I've ever seen from the Tribune. Interesting that there's no byline to this.

Just realized this is from the editorial page. I got my link from Chicagosports.com

So.ILSoxFan
07-11-2005, 06:56 PM
:violin:I'm sure Carl would've won if it weren't for Pods.

Foulke You
07-11-2005, 07:32 PM
I have to give props to that Chicagosports.com article. Very postive and a great job calling out Crawford as a whiner. It wasn't what I expected from the Trib sports dept.

DarkCloudDropo
07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
I have to give props to that Chicagosports.com article. Very postive and a great job calling out Crawford as a whiner. It wasn't what I expected from the Trib sports dept.

It didn't look to me like they called anybody out. They just reported what was said.

Optipessimism
07-12-2005, 01:17 AM
It didn't look to me like they called anybody out. They just reported what was said.

Did you read the article? They called him out, no doubt about it.

Although I don't agree with Crawford's PMSing about it, I do have to say that I feel for him and the rest of the players in that organization. There is a lot of talent over there that ownership could seemingly give a **** less about, and I think that Carl's remarks about Podsednik getting into the AS Game showed more about the attitude in the Tampa clubhouse regarding their own situation than the attitude other players might have towards Podsednik's election to the game.

Banix12
07-12-2005, 02:38 AM
He's probably whining because of three things.

1) He had to watch it happen live while Tampa was in town.
2) His team didn't think of it first.
3) His team wouldn't be able to do it becuase of the lack of home games.

Mark my words, next year every team with a player on this list is going to pull bigger campaigns than anything the sox pulled this year. It's a brilliant marketing plan that really pulls the fanbase together behind a player.

Chisox003
07-12-2005, 02:50 AM
He's probably whining because of three things.

1) He had to watch it happen live while Tampa was in town.
2) His team didn't think of it first.
3) His team wouldn't be able to do it becuase of the lack of home games.

Mark my words, next year every team with a player on this list is going to pull bigger campaigns than anything the sox pulled this year. It's a brilliant marketing plan that really pulls the fanbase together behind a player.

It also helps to be 30 games over and 10 games up in your division

Even if the D-Rays tried to do something along the lines the Sox did for Pods, theres no way Crawford could have won

Winning was a big key in Pods going....And pods is a big key to our winning

Works out well :cool:

Kuzman
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Oh but it was ok when Johnny Damon tapped into cable programming a couple years ago and pleaded for everyone to vote for him in Boston. *****.

George Knue
07-13-2005, 05:29 PM

FYI -- the article you are talking about in this thread was an editorial that ran on the Chicago Tribune's editorial page.

George Knue
ChicagoSports.com