PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys....heres my $.02

MaggPipes
11-20-2001, 09:03 PM
Did anyone else see that Rick Reed from the Twins has requested to be traded?? Looks like a good veteran pitcher to me........KW are you paying attention????

Anyone know anything on the Sean Lowe front??? Does he still want to be traded?????

I think that Mr. Kohlmeir may turn into the next Gary Glover project....you just watch and see....we will mess with his arm angle or something I gaurantee it......now if we could only do this for some of our guys...

There will be a HUGE trade going down sometime soon.....I believe that Mr. Lee will be leaving the building also Mr. Singleton..........I am looking forward to it......That David Wells trade almost made my heart stop last year....here we go again

Do not bring back Robin Ventura......maybe as a hitting coach lol...

Need new hitting coach .....see K totals....

I have more....but i think that is enough for one post.....

Daver
11-20-2001, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Did anyone else see that Rick Reed from the Twins has requested to be traded?? Looks like a good veteran pitcher to me........KW are you paying attention????

Anyone know anything on the Sean Lowe front??? Does he still want to be traded?????

I think that Mr. Kohlmeir may turn into the next Gary Glover project....you just watch and see....we will mess with his arm angle or something I gaurantee it......now if we could only do this for some of our guys...

There will be a HUGE trade going down sometime soon.....I believe that Mr. Lee will be leaving the building also Mr. Singleton..........I am looking forward to it......That David Wells trade almost made my heart stop last year....here we go again

I have more....but i think that is enough for one post.....

Kohlmeier throws salad,bring your own dressing.

MaggPipes
11-20-2001, 09:24 PM
Just because he throws slower does NOT make him a bad pitcher.....what does he throw???

high 80's.....reminds me of some of the other Sox pitchers.......Simas.....Lowe.....need to go on?????????

Daver
11-20-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Just because he throws slower does NOT make him a bad pitcher.....what does he throw???

high 80's.....reminds me of some of the other Sox pitchers.......Simas.....Lowe.....need to go on?????????

Bring your own dressing.

kermittheefrog
11-20-2001, 11:06 PM

You mean the guy who wen 4-6 with a 5.19 ERA after leaving the friendly confines of Shea stadium? He allowed 92 hits and 12 homers in just 67.2 innings with the Twinkees. I hope KW is paying attention to the big red flag next to those numbers if he even thinks about Reed.

Who cares? Middle relievers don't win championships.

Listen to Daver. Glover wasn't a bad pitcher before he came to the Sox, the Jays never took him seriously and gave him a shot. Kohlmeier straight sucks and unlike Glover he doesn't have a good arm.

Maybe he could teach our hitters to walk.

More like the walk totals, they suck.

doublem23
11-20-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Who cares? Middle relievers don't win championships.

What? Maybe back in the 50s and 60s middle relief was useless, but in today's game, you need a solid bullpen to win. I'll agree that you don't build your middle relief core and then worry about the rest, but if you honestly think you can just ignore middle relievers (especially with a rotation as inexpierenced as ours), and still expect to contend on a serious level, I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma for sale, real cheap.

LongDistanceFan
11-20-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

What? Maybe back in the 50s and 60s middle relief was useless, but in today's game, you need a solid bullpen to win. I'll agree that you don't build your middle relief core and then worry about the rest, but if you honestly think you can just ignore middle relievers (especially with a rotation as inexpierenced as ours), and still expect to contend on a serious level, I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma for sale, real cheap. i can't believe that i am saying this, but i agree with you.

kermittheefrog
11-20-2001, 11:24 PM

What? Maybe back in the 50s and 60s middle relief was useless, but in today's game, you need a solid bullpen to win. I'll agree that you don't build your middle relief core and then worry about the rest, but if you honestly think you can just ignore middle relievers (especially with a rotation as inexpierenced as ours), and still expect to contend on a serious level, I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma for sale, real cheap.

My point is that if Sean Lowe wants a trade Sean Lowe is replacable. A good pen certainly helps a lot in the playoffs, in fact the Braves postseason woes are probably in large part due to lack of bullpen and bench depth. The important guy in our pen is Keith Foulke, that's why we better resign him.

doublem23
11-20-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i can't believe that i am saying this, but i agree with you.

Baseball is a hair different the international politics... :)

LongDistanceFan
11-20-2001, 11:26 PM

Baseball is a hair different the internation politics... :) cool

CLR01
11-21-2001, 01:01 AM
I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma for sale, real cheap.

And you are selling it you fool.

Daver
11-21-2001, 06:07 PM
[B I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma for sale, real cheap. [/B]

Stealing material again Doublem?

doublem23
11-21-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by daver

Of course! Me? Original?

Paulwny
11-23-2001, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by daver

Both you guys are in trouble. C+W singer George Strait is talking to his lawyers about his song "Ocean front property in Arizona".
My daughter will defend, how much $$$$, no pro bono or venison deals.