PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Infested This Weekend

Viva Medias B's
07-10-2005, 09:58 PM
It appears some visitors (http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46304) to Dolphin Stadium this weekend got on the nerves of the Marlins faithful. I can't believe it.

cheeses_h_rice
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7694/25015664f807c7e65co5ip.jpg

Oops!

:redface:

GiveMeSox
07-10-2005, 11:44 PM
I was at Game 5 of the NLCS in Florida in 2003. It was like that too with all these crazy yuppie and frat boy looking cubs fans coming out. I swear I thought i was in wrigleyville they came out of the woodworks. There was a huge showing of like 25-35 white males and females baseball clueless some brought their young families with too. I remember back then talking to many of them cuz i was actally from Chicago it was hilarious to hear why they spent $500 to see their cubbies (and most of them aren't even from Chicago).

Baasically it was a big bandwagon. South florida is a place where many people migrate too, including the wrigleyville types (lincoln park trixies, yuppies, frat boys...etc). Many of them had little if no affiliation to chicago. I heard quotes like "well i went to school there", "i dated someone from there", "i have relatives there", "i have visited wrigley before and it was fun", "i used to live there when i was 3", etc etc. Most them were definatly florida natives and for some reason cough POPULARITY cough and you could tell even if they lied by looking at their license plates and seeing florida plates.

They are no different then the endless supply of clueless tourists that pay top dollar to make it to wrigley. Some couple in front me really thought Mark Grace still played first (this was in 2003 at NLCS game 5). Most them couldnt answer simple questions like name some players or numbers of guys other than wood, prior, or sosa. Nothing new same old cubs garbage. Lesson learned on my part not to get my undies in a bunch over these large amounts of cubs fans becuase its just a bandagon, when the cubs go back to their normal disspoainting season after season they will go away. It just a huge popularity contest and these people are so sub par to the rest of us in fandom its just funny.

Jerko
07-11-2005, 10:52 AM
If you go to the end of that thread, they show a photo of the flub fans right before they got their walking papers. THEY GONE!

RKMeibalane
07-11-2005, 11:08 AM
If you go to the end of that thread, they show a photo of the flub fans right before they got their walking papers. THEY GONE!

That's awesome!

BTW, did anyone hear the Flubs fans screaming and yelling near the end of yesterday's game? They were all piss drunk. It was hysterical.

LuvSox
07-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Very classy Flub "fans".

Edit: I'm going to stop calling them Flub "fans" and start calling them Wrigley fans, seems to fit better.