PDA

View Full Version : A toast to Herbert Perry

cheeses_h_rice
11-20-2001, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately, the Milkman didn't get much an opportunity this past season, but I will not forget his contributions to the AL Central winning 2000 White Sox. Herbert made some great plays and got plenty of clutch hits, and I loved his modest, can-do spirit.

He was part of that memorable group that made us all proud to be Sox fans in 2000 -- here's to you, Herbert Perry. Good luck wherever you go...

FarWestChicago
11-20-2001, 08:34 PM
I agree. The Milkman delivered many a time in 2000. I wish him well in the future. He was a class act.

KempersRS
11-20-2001, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Unfortunately, the Milkman didn't get much an opportunity this past season, but I will not forget his contributions to the AL Central winning 2000 White Sox. Herbert made some great plays and got plenty of clutch hits, and I loved his modest, can-do spirit.

He was part of that memorable group that made us all proud to be Sox fans in 2000 -- here's to you, Herbert Perry. Good luck wherever you go...

While I spent a good portion of last year complaining Herbert should have been off the team, he was clutch in 2000. He was part of what made that season so great. Good Luck Herbie!

duke of dorwood
11-20-2001, 09:16 PM
A true working class guy that got a chance and made the most of it. Dont think he ever lost his starting job on his own. A vital part of our division champs.

:hitless

Dont look at me

Daver
11-20-2001, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

My favorite player will probably end up milking cows on a full time basis,damn shame that that one of the best clutch hitters in the Sox lineup got downsized.

But then again what the hell do I know?

MarqSox
11-20-2001, 09:54 PM
Here's to Herbert!

:beer

We're gonna miss ya Milkman. A class act through and through, I'll root for Herb wherever he goes.

Chisoxfn
11-20-2001, 09:55 PM
Kemper I'm on your boat

All I ever did was rip on Herbert and how he was taking up space last year. I've really been wanting to see Credie for a while and now we finally will get that opportunity unless the Juggler of Lineups JM decides Jose should play 3rd.

Still, Milkman will go down as one of the best clutch hitters in Sox history and I'll never forget that 2000 year.

bringbackrobin
11-21-2001, 12:52 AM
We can only hope that Herbert will wind up somewhere where he is appreciated.

guillen4life13
11-21-2001, 05:45 PM
Herb, I'll miss you, and am glad that at least I was able to get your autograph before you left. I hope you emerge and are liked, and aren't in the American League (I can't bear to root against you when the White Sox play your new team). You were a clubhouse presence, and you could bring an RBI when it was needed most. I'll miss you man.

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR MILKMAN CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOU MILKMAN!

GOOD LUCK 43!

FarWestChicago
11-21-2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
ASK NOT WHAT YOUR MILKMAN CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOU MILKMAN!

GOOD LUCK 43! I like that! :smile: