PDA

View Full Version : bye, bye, Willie

BainesHOF
07-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you busher. Go back to the minors and impress with your speed there. Utility infielders in the major leagues know how to bunt and never look as pathetic as you trying to do so.

We missed you, Ross. Welcome back.

Chicago83
07-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Is it offical Willy is going down? I have always been a fan of willy, but after his failed attempt at a bunt in today's game I really wouldn't mind seeing him go.

ilsox7
07-10-2005, 07:07 PM
The only thing that will save Willie is the lack of back-up infielders on this team. He is probably the only guy of the 25 on the team that has no clue how to play the type of baseball Ozzie wants to see played.

Corlose 15
07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Willie Harris sucks. Thats really all that needs to be said.

Lip Man 1
07-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Agreed...he's mediocre... always was, always will be. How many chances does he get to continue screwing up? I'd have thought the Sox would have learned their lesson after last year.

Lip

iamkoza
07-10-2005, 07:24 PM
The only thing that will save Willie is the lack of back-up infielders on this team. He is probably the only guy of the 25 on the team that has no clue how to play the type of baseball Ozzie wants to see played.

well said

chisoxfanatic
07-10-2005, 07:24 PM
The only thing that will save Willie is the lack of back-up infielders on this team.

Gload, Ozuna, even Widger or Dye in a pinch...We've got enough to not even need an ounce of Willie Harris anymore.

Let the door hit you on the way out!

PBRWarrior
07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
His bunt attempt was pathetic. Even DJ was screaming that he needed to drag bunt but he was still going for the push. After he got strike two, I knew he would strike out and get demoted to AAA. He even knew it.

DumpJerry
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
A trade for a utility infielder would not hurt us too much in terms of what is given up. It's not like a Podsednik type of deal where you give up a star for a star. If we deal for a utility infielder who can hit and get Gload back, we'll be looking pretty good especially since Gload is also an Outfielder.

Hey Willie, to quote that old Saturday Night Live sketch on the airplane: "Buh bye!"

williefan22
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you busher. Go back to the minors and impress with your speed there. Utility infielders in the major leagues know how to bunt and never look as pathetic as you trying to do so.

We missed you, Ross. Welcome back.

Way to be an ass buddy. So what happens when one crede, uribe or gooch gets hurt and pablo has to play? We will have no other infielders unless of course you want to play widger at third again. I can't wait for willie to go to another team and do exactly what brian roberts has been doing this year. Well probably not as well, but he will surely be better when he plays full time

Chisox003
07-10-2005, 07:37 PM
His bunt attempt was pathetic. Even DJ was screaming that he needed to drag bunt but he was still going for the push. After he got strike two, I knew he would strike out and get demoted to AAA. He even knew it.

He wasnt on the big league club to hit, not even field...

He was here to pinch run and to get THAT bunt down, the big one late in the game when we need to get a runner over

Cant do that, well goodbye...Disastrous weekend for willie

Welcome back Ross, hope youre ready because after a 5 hit day, KW is looking to sell high on Konerko! (See: The 1,234 threads on trading PK)

:rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
07-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Way to be an ass buddy. So what happens when one crede, uribe or gooch gets hurt and pablo has to play? We will have no other infielders unless of course you want to play widger at third again. I can't wait for willie to go to another team and do exactly what brian roberts has been doing this year. Well probably not as well, but he will surely be better when he plays full time
:tealpolice:

Chisox003

:roflmao:

Please, stop

williefan22

Nope not really buddy. Nice try though

TheOldRoman
07-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Nope not really buddy. Nice try though
Well, you are welcome to your opinion. The difference between Willie and Brian Roberts is Roberts has talent. Not only does Wilie lack talent, he apparently has no confidence and no clue. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, but I think today was the last time Willie will ever be in the home clubhouse at USCF.

Lip Man 1
07-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Willie Fan:

When Gload is activated Thursday ESPECIALLY after Perez's clutch hit in the 9th inning today, HARRIS GOES TO CHARLOTTE.

Can you dig that buddy??

Lip

williefan22
07-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, you are welcome to your opinion. The difference between Willie and Brian Roberts is Roberts has talent. Not only does Wilie lack talent, he apparently has no confidence and no clue. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, but I think today was the last time Willie will ever be in the home clubhouse at USCF.

I agree that he will never be here again, but he is one of the few players who runs hard on every single play and gives it his all. He has never said anything bad about the sox or done anything really to hurt the team, besides not knowing how to bunt, i know. I still think he has a chance to be a solid player, but obviously it won't be here.

Chisox003
07-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I agree that he will never be here again, but he is one of the few players who runs hard on every single play and gives it his all. He has never said anything bad about the sox or done anything really to hurt the team.

Hmm...

Someone, please tell me where he's going with this?

I can be a backup infielder for a big league club too, and Id sure as hell run my ass off and hustle, and "give it my all" (because apparently nobody else does that :rolleyes: )

Not happening for me, not happening for willie

Good bye

williefan22
07-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Hmm...

I can be a backup infielder for a big league club too, and Id sure as hell run my ass off and hustle, and "give it my all" (because apparently nobody else does that :rolleyes: )

Good bye

Maybe I was the only one that read this, but wasn't Uribe benched last night because he sat and watched his fly out???
Good Bye

Jerko
07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Willie Harris is NOT a utility infielder. He's a futility infielder.

Chisox003
07-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe I was the only one that read this, but wasn't Uribe benched last night because he sat and watched his fly out???
Good Bye

:roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao: :rolling:

Great comeback

williefan22
07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
:roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao: :rolling:

Great comeback

Not really a comeback, just making fun of that champ for saying goodbye. Maybe I should have said I'll beat you up or something. oh well. And by the way, when willie goes down who will tadahito hang out with. Gooch and willie are very good friends and gooch always wants willie to "hit a monsta monsta jimmy go bye bye jack homelun!" That was from some paper recently

Brian26
07-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Agreed...he's mediocre... always was, always will be. How many chances does he get to continue screwing up? I'd have thought the Sox would have learned their lesson after last year.

Lip

That at-bat he had in the last inning was one of the worst at-bats I've ever seen. He just didn't have a chance. He can't put down a good bunt to save his life.

tebman
07-10-2005, 08:08 PM
And by the way, when willie goes down who will tadahito hang out with. Gooch and willie are very good friends and gooch always wants willie to "hit a monsta monsta jimmy go bye bye jack homelun!" That was from some paper recently
:dunno:
I'm at a loss here...your non sequitur about Iguchi needing Harris to hang out with has nothing to do with Harris's inability to lay down a drag bunt, which is what ballplayers learn to do in high school. Iguchi is a grown man and has at least 23 other teammates, including one who speaks his native language.

Willie Harris may be a fine gentleman but he's not doing this team any good. That missed bunt opportunity, which any major-league ballplayer should know how to do, could easily have been the game-breaker today.

Goodbye Willie. Good luck to you.

Frater Perdurabo
07-10-2005, 08:31 PM
And by the way, when willie goes down who will tadahito hang out with. Gooch and willie are very good friends and gooch always wants willie to "hit a monsta monsta jimmy go bye bye jack homelun!" That was from some paper recently

If true, that's even more damning for Willie. If he's been hanging around with Iguchi and the two have become friends, one would think Iguchi would have at least tried to explain some of the finer points of controlling one's bat.

Palehose13
07-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Not really a comeback, just making fun of that champ for saying goodbye. Maybe I should have said I'll beat you up or something. oh well. And by the way, when willie goes down who will tadahito hang out with. Gooch and willie are very good friends and gooch always wants willie to "hit a monsta monsta jimmy go bye bye jack homelun!" That was from some paper recently

I can't believe that Willie has a fan other than bafiarocks. Wait a second...Willie, is that you???

slobes
07-10-2005, 08:53 PM
At first I wasn't sure if Willie or Timo should be sent down, but now there's no doubt. Timo makes the most of his opporotunities, and if Iguchi ever needs a break at 2nd, I'm sure Ozuna could play over there.

Mr. White Sox
07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
At first I wasn't sure if Willie or Timo should be sent down, but now there's no doubt. Timo makes the most of his opporotunities, and if Iguchi ever needs a break at 2nd, I'm sure Ozuna could play over there.

Timo is fine when it comes to hitting, but he can't play the OF to save his life. He looks out of control out there, and it's an adventure every time a ball is hit to him.

That does not change the fact that Timo belongs with the club and Willie does not. Bye-bye Willie; you have as much chance of staying with this ballclub consistently as you do of becoming the next Brian Roberts.

White Sox Josh
07-10-2005, 09:08 PM
:hawk
HE GAWN!

Just don't let see the FOWH see this thread.:smile:

UglySince83
07-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I really dont thik the sox shold send him down, hes fast, and a so-so fielder. Cant hit for **** thats agreeable keep him for a pinch runner. and when his contract runs out, let him go

PAPChiSox729
07-10-2005, 09:15 PM
That does not change the fact that Timo belongs with the club and Willie does not. Bye-bye Willie; you have as much chance of staying with this ballclub consistently as you do of becoming the next Brian Roberts.

I wish Willie well wherever he ends up. He may be pretty good one day, but he does not belong on this team. Perez is doing everything he can to stay up here. Willie just looks like he was never meant to be here.

Mr. White Sox
07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I really dont thik the sox shold send him down, hes fast, and a so-so fielder. Cant hit for **** thats agreeable keep him for a pinch runner. and when his contract runs out, let him go

Who else would you send down? Timo is swinging a hot bat right now (I guess), and has had a couple of clutch hits lately. He's a far better LH PH than Willie, and Ozuna can always serve as a PR once Crede comes back. I just think that Willie is too much of a liability at the plate to allow him to stay.

mealfred13
07-10-2005, 09:17 PM

:rolling: That about sums up why he's even been here this long.

BeviBall!
07-10-2005, 09:17 PM

What's worse? The lack of depth or Willie himself?

UglySince83
07-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Who else would you send down? Timo is swinging a hot bat right now (I guess), and has had a couple of clutch hits lately. He's a far better LH PH than Willie, and Ozuna can always serve as a PR once Crede comes back. I just think that Willie is too much of a liability at the plate to allow him to stay.

Good point, i forgot about crede being on the DL,

Mr. White Sox
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM

Crede's not on the DL, but Ross Gload is, and when he gets called up Willie is the most likely candidate to be sent down.

FielderJones
07-10-2005, 09:32 PM

I don't see Crede on this DL.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/injuries.jsp?c_id=cws

UglySince83
07-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I thought I read somthing about him being on the dl. Bastard AZ newpaper sports sections

chisoxmike
07-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Cue Nancy...

Willie, you suck, always have, always will.

I'd rather have Timo in the outfield in a close game rather than Willie pinch hitting in a close game, or, god forbid, Ozzie asking him to bunt. Timo can do that too, with two strikes, Willie can't even do it on a ball thrown down the middle with no count. See ya. Have fun in Charlotte.

chisoxmike
07-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I thought I read somthing about him being on the dl. Bastard AZ newpaper sports sections

Crede is day to day, he actually will start on Thursday, I never thought I'd say this, but I've missed him at 3rd.

UglySince83
07-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Crede is day to day, he actually will start on Thursday, I never thought I'd say thing, but I've missed him at 3rd.

same here, hes a decent fielder and good at bat. No ventura though.

voodoochile
07-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I agree that he will never be here again, but he is one of the few players who runs hard on every single play and gives it his all. He has never said anything bad about the sox or done anything really to hurt the team, besides not knowing how to bunt, i know. I still think he has a chance to be a solid player, but obviously it won't be here.

Yep and all that and $0.50 you can get yourself the Monday trib and read all about the sweep - I am sure they will be writing lots about it.

The fact is - Harris is the worst player on the roster. He plays one position only and gets to PR once every two weeks. He's just not worth worrying about...

gobears1987
07-10-2005, 10:03 PM
After the past few years of watching Willie, I have one thing to say. *cues music*
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na hey hey ey goodbye!!!

illinibk
07-10-2005, 10:04 PM
same here, hes a decent fielder and good at bat. No ventura though.
Wrong. He is a great fielder and an average bat, But definately a step or two above Ozuna. You're right he isn't Ventura, but his absence the last few games has proven how valuable he is.

UglySince83
07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Wrong. He is a great fielder and an average bat, But definately a step or two above Ozuna. You're right he isn't Ventura, but his absence the last few games has proven how valuable he is.

I just took a peak at his stats, he is a great fielder. I stand corrected, hes better than i thought, its been a while, i get a few sparatic games out here in PHX, i was just going by what i remeber

KyWhiSoxFan
07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
First time poster ...

While everyone is quick to throw dirt on Willie's grave, a key point has not been addressed: Who is going to replace him? Gload and Perez may be better alternatives when it comes to hitting, but they do not play middle infield positions. If Willie is gone, that leaves only Ozuna as a backup. A scary thought.

Unless we have someone at AAA to bring up, KW better get on the horn ASAP and find some help fast.

slavko
07-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Gload, when he returns, will not be able to play the outfield because of his shoulder limiting his throwing ability. He was always a skaky outfielder. Does he seem to have somehow become a better player than he was at the end of last season when most posters were proclaiming his mediocrity? (Not me, FWIW.) And don't forget Timo's less-than-sterling play which led to runs against Jon G Friday night.

Chips
07-10-2005, 10:35 PM
On an earlier thread, I said Timo was the obvious choice to go down. I called him a bum. I still think he is a bum, but Willie Harris is a bigger bum and I am glad that he is going down.

nordhagen
07-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I love to watch Willie run ... in Tampa Bay. The guy is like Corey Patterson stealing bases - great when it doesn't matter, probably going to get thrown out when it does.

The guy I'd love to see come back is Graffanino. Can play all four IF positions and is a true pro. Yes, I know he left here a a few years ago seeking more PT, but I bet he'd love to come back now to help a winner and get out of KC.

Or what about Vizquel? Plug him in at SS (hitting .300) and Uribe becomes the primary utility guy and makes us stronger depth-wise. And it's not like Uribe is putting up numbers close to last year. We know Uribe can play everywhere in the IF except 1B.

MIgrenade
07-10-2005, 10:40 PM
First time poster ...

While everyone is quick to throw dirt on Willie's grave, a key point has not been addressed: Who is going to replace him? Gload and Perez may be better alternatives when it comes to hitting, but they do not play middle infield positions. If Willie is gone, that leaves only Ozuna as a backup. A scary thought.

Unless we have someone at AAA to bring up, KW better get on the horn ASAP and find some help fast.

Besides the bad game on Saturday, Ozuna isn't bad at all as a backup. He's no Grafanino but I think he does well and can get a big hit when you need it.
BTW, anything I ever said about Visquel coming here I take back. If the Sox could have a .300 hitter to turn over the lineup that would be great.

ATXBMX
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I love to watch Willie run ... in Tampa Bay. The guy is like Corey Patterson stealing bases - great when it doesn't matter, probably going to get thrown out when it does.

The guy I'd love to see come back is Graffanino. Can play all four IF positions and is a true pro. Yes, I know he left here a a few years ago seeking more PT, but I bet he'd love to come back now to help a winner and get out of KC.

Or what about Vizquel? Plug him in at SS (hitting .300) and Uribe becomes the primary utility guy and makes us stronger depth-wise. And it's not like Uribe is putting up numbers close to last year. We know Uribe can play everywhere in the IF except 1B.

Earlier in the week, I would have said no to a trade for vizquel. But after the past few games, it's obvious we need a more reliable utility infielder, both offensively and defensively. Uribe did great last year in a utility role. Vizquel can still make great plays, and while it might not be the best option for the long-term, we're trying to win now. So unless we can trade for an even better utility guy (Bill Hall, Figgins, Cintron), something like this needs to happen to fortify the bench.

alohafri
07-10-2005, 11:01 PM

To paraphrase someone on another message board, if Willie Harris turns into CLOSE to another Brian Roberts, I will eat my head.

MIgrenade
07-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Who cares if he turns into Brian Roberts, he will never do it here. This guy should flourish by being under Ozzie and watching Pods and Iguchi, instead he can't put down a bunt and can't run. He sees how fans love Pods and that power isn't necessary. He could have all that popularity and be good if he could do those things he should be able to do. The fact that he isn't doing it now means he will never do it.

Taliesinrk
07-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Obvoiusly I'm new here, but I really don't understand some of the website's bias against certain players (i.e. willie, crede and even paulie). Maybe someone could clue me into why everyone is ripping Willie to h***. I don't get it. Was I mad today when he didn't get the bunt down (and furthermore was trying to push it to Chavez when Willie probably could have shaken his hand?? Yes. But please... everyday in major league baseball there's someone who doesn't get a bunt down. Am I making an excuse for Willie? He messed up, but let's not act like he sucks at life because he didn't get a bunt down. Also, I fully expect a huge backlash from you all... but maybe you could clue me into other instances where Willie has been a terrible cancer on this team like everyone makes him out to be...

On a side note.. in today's game, Hawk said that there was an outfielder that came up with the Sox about 4 or 5 years ago and thought he knew everything about the game and wouldn't take advice from anyone else and was then sent down and DJ said he hasn't been around the bigs since.... Anyone know who they were talking about???

ilsox7
07-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Obvoiusly I'm new here, but I really don't understand some of the website's bias against certain players (i.e. willie, crede and even paulie). Maybe someone could clue me into why everyone is ripping Willie to h***. I don't get it. Was I mad today when he didn't get the bunt down (and furthermore was trying to push it to Chavez when Willie probably could have shaken his hand?? Yes. But please... everyday in major league baseball there's someone who doesn't get a bunt down. Am I making an excuse for Willie? He messed up, but let's not act like he sucks at life because he didn't get a bunt down. Also, I fully expect a huge backlash from you all... but maybe you could clue me into other instances where Willie has been a terrible cancer on this team like everyone makes him out to be...

On a side note.. in today's game, Hawk said that there was an outfielder that came up with the Sox about 4 or 5 years ago and thought he knew everything about the game and wouldn't take advice from anyone else and was then sent down and DJ said he hasn't been around the bigs since.... Anyone know who they were talking about???

Take Willie's ABs Friday when he couldn't move Pods over. He simply does not have the skills required of a 2nd basemen in the major leagues. He cannot hit for power. He cannot bunt. He cannot demonstrate bat control to keep an inning moving along. He is good for seeing 4 pitches in an AB and striking out.

Tekk
07-11-2005, 12:15 AM

Maybe, Lyle Mouton? I'm not positive though

ilsox7
07-11-2005, 12:24 AM

I don't think so. He played some with the O's if I am not mistaken, then went over to Japan. He wasn't actually a bad ballplayer.

JB98
07-11-2005, 12:36 AM

No. Lyle Mouton was on the club about 10 years ago.

The outfielder of which Hawk and DJ speak is Jeff Abbott. The kid had a ton of talent, but he changed his swing against the advice of the Sox hitting coach and sank into oblivion as a result.

HawkISox
07-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Lyle Mouton had a promising career until that collision he had.

ilsox7
07-11-2005, 12:50 AM
No. Lyle Mouton was on the club about 10 years ago.

The outfielder of which Hawk and DJ speak is Jeff Abbott. The kid had a ton of talent, but he changed his swing against the advice of the Sox hitting coach and sank into oblivion as a result.

Yea that was my first guess. He was pretty hyped up...had a big hit or two up here I think then dropped off the face of baseball.

Ron Karkovice
07-11-2005, 12:52 AM
holy crap, a name like lyle mouton really brings back memories... it reminds me other players we've had like mike deveraux and dave martinez.

JB98
07-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Yea that was my first guess. He was pretty hyped up...had a big hit or two up here I think then dropped off the face of baseball.

Abbott came up through the Sox system with Ordonez, and those two tore up the minor leagues together. They had similar numbers. When they got to the bigs, Magg$ had immediate success and Abbott did not. I think Jeff felt left behind, so he started tinkering with his mechanics instead of staying with the approach that had worked for him his whole life. I once heard Hawk tell a story where he said he walked up to Abbott and asked him what the hell he was doing tinkering with his swing. Apparently, Jeff assured Hawk his new approach to hitting would work. Well, it didn't, and sadly, Mr. Abbott's career came to a premature end.

NealCotts4Life
07-11-2005, 02:01 AM
I feel bad for Willie though. Wasn't he just on the Berheavment list like a couple months ago because his daughter died? I mean that coupled with most likely getting moved down, this years has been tough for Willie. I hope he succedes somewhere if not here.

Optipessimism
07-11-2005, 02:10 AM
To respond to some other posts about trading Willie, I don't think he'd have enough value to be anyhing other than a throw in, so I'd be against that.

I'd rather see Willie sent down to AAA with the sole purpose being able to play everyday to learn how to bunt and get good jumps. If he could just get that down he would be quite valuable on a postseason roster.

That said, there is now way he will ever replace Igichi, Uribe, or Rowand, so I think this is his last season on the South Side. If that's the case, we might as well get as much out of him as we can.

Optipessimism
07-11-2005, 02:11 AM
I feel bad for Willie though. Wasn't he just on the Berheavment list like a couple months ago because his daughter died? I mean that coupled with most likely getting moved down, this years has been tough for Willie. I hope he succedes somewhere if not here.

IIRC, I think that it was his baby's momma. Don't know for sure though.

chaerulez
07-11-2005, 02:25 AM

First of all, is Willie Harris your son?

Second, you're basically trolling now, stop it.

Ol' No. 2
07-11-2005, 10:56 AM
What a ridiculous thread. It starts with someone basically rejoicing in Harris' failures, wends through the old, tired "who's the best worst player on the team" (i.e. tallest midget) arguments, stops off in fantasyland for a "Willie Harris is the next Brian Roberts", then veers off into Lyle Mouton.:?:

Throw all the statistics you want, but if I've observed anything about Ozzie, he'll choose based on performance. This weekend Perez came through and Willie didn't. When Gload comes back, Willie's going down. You can take that to the bank.

Lip Man 1
07-11-2005, 12:38 PM
The Tribune has a mention in one of their stories that Kevin Walker has been demoted (thank God!) with Damaso Marte activated PLUS that Harris was observed (including by Ozzie according to the story) tossing gloves and spikes into a big cardboard box by his locker.

The handwriting is on the wall Willie.

Lip

JB98
07-11-2005, 12:58 PM
IIRC, I think that it was his baby's momma. Don't know for sure though.

You are correct.

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Willy Harris Sucks

SOXSINCE'70
07-11-2005, 03:36 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :rolling: :rolling:

go_pods_go
07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I Hate him, he costs us yesterday's game and the 1st one. He sucks he is only a pinch runner!

SOXSINCE'70
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
... it reminds me other players we've had like mike deveraux and dave martinez.

1995-a season i'd like to forget.:angry:

ATXBMX
07-11-2005, 03:45 PM

Willie singlehandedly lost game 1 against Oakland. Podsednik got on in the 1st and 3rd innings with no one out. He then stole second both times. Willie's job was to get Pods to third. Had he done that, we would have scored both runs on sac flies, because after Willie batted, a fly ball to the outfield was hit both times. Meanwhile, in the same game, Timo went 3-4.

I also remember Willie getting caught stealing in the bottom of the ninth inning, with the tying run at the plate, to end a game a while back. Willie just can't do the things that he needs to do to keep a big league job.

He was also b****ing about Kenny signing Iguchi. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050127&content_id=936014&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

-Bye Willie

maurice
07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Perez < Harris <<< the rest of the Sox position players and Gload.

Perez didn't suddenly become a MLB player, because he got a few singles recently. He still sucks. Gload replaces Perez as lefty PH, and his only other baseball skill is his throwing arm. Unfortunately, there's a very good chance he'll stay, because he apparently has blackmail photos of Ozzie.

RallyBowl
07-11-2005, 04:42 PM
willie harris does not suck. he is a major league ballplayer- a below average one, maybe. regardless, he will garner interest from several teams, and we may be able to benefit from his departure in more ways than one. i have always pulled for willie, wanting him to be what a lot of people thought he could be. but alas, he hasn't turned the corner yet, and we have found in pods and gooch what we always wanted in him. I really hope we can find a way to keep him around for a while, because he has been a part of the organization for a while, and you never know when we might need someone who does the things that he can occasionally do. if we can't, i say good luck willie, and thanks for the memories.

Ben Lang
07-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Willie has been an underachieving prospect his entire career. He can't hit for average or power and he can't even get a damn bunt down. You can't afford to waste a roster spot on someone who comes in twice a week to pinch run in the 9th inning. Sayonara pal.

Optipessimism
07-11-2005, 11:39 PM
if we can't, i say good luck willie, and thanks for the memories.

I say good luck Willie, but the memories... hmm, lets see... thanks for running into Maggs and setting the wheels in motion for a completely revamped team?

billyvsox
07-12-2005, 12:38 AM
I think this would be a good and much needed message to sent to the ballclub just in case people are getting lax with the big division lead. Sending out Willie should tell the team that it is unexcusable to not do the key little things. He may have cost us a game on Friday with his failure to get Scott Po to third (twice in a row), and his weak effort sunday solidified the deal. It seems as though he cant handle pressure situations or simply can't bunt period.

I think he has a place in the big league, but he spends too much time complaining and talking about how he will excel when he gets the chance. (Although he has had his chances, including this weekend).

I hope he gets his head straight...he could be trade bait.