PDA

View Full Version : There is a very good chance the White Sox will win a World Series this year

fquaye149
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
I know that there will be a lot of hand -wringing after this game, no matter what happens. I know that we have had a rough past couple of games and have lost more than we've won. Before anyone gets too depressed about it keep this in mind:

This is the best White Sox team we've seen in a while.

We have the best record in the major leagues, playing in one of the tougher divisions in baseball.

There is a chance that when the season in over that we will be world champions.

Think about that: we could very well win it all this year. Roll that around your tongue. Kind of quells all pain from this series.

Take this information as you will. Go Sox:redneck

munchman33
07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
jinx

Brian26
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
This is the best White Sox team we've seen in a while.

Record-wise, this is the best White Sox team ever.

TheOldRoman
07-10-2005, 06:32 PM
:threadrules:
I have learned to accept a loss better this year than in the past, but thats only because there have been so few this year. I HATE losing to the A's more than anyone other team who doesn't play in Chicago. I still was nearly sick to my stomach after last night's game. Either way, Im glad we pushed it to the 10th (its in the 11th right now). This team has a lot of heart. We are a great team no matter what happens today.

buehrle4cy05
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Great thread. Even if we can't come back and win today, this is the best White Sox team in a long, long time.

spiffie
07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
The best part of this team is that if they make the playoffs, there's only one team in baseball I don't feel like we can beat in a 5 or 7 game series. Of course, if Oakland makes the playoffs, I'm going for the sleeping pills, because they just never seem to lose to us.

FielderJones
07-10-2005, 10:05 PM
As for me, I'll get down on my hands and knees and thank God if they could just GET to a Series while I'm still alive to see it.

Could you and Farmio recognize the Constitutionally protected separation of Church and Sports.
:tongue:

Rocklive99
07-10-2005, 10:25 PM
I hate World Series talk at this time of year, I wouldn't even like it if we were already in the playoffs. I can't stand when the media talks about it or when Hawk reads emails about it on the air, like yesterdays one about whether the guy should go to the Honeymoon or a Sox series game, and Hawk said something like 'this is just a game, there should be many of these for years to come', acting as if we were already in, and not thinking twice about it. Let's settle down now, I love this team, best record for a Sox team, but in past years, Sox fans have gone on sports radio stations and proclaimed that this would be the year after a big win, and then the Sox didn't even make it to the playoffs. Big pet peeve of mine, Am I alone on this?

BeviBall!
07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Big pet peeve of mine, Am I alone on this?

No, I don't like it either. As fans of this franchise, we have nothing to back up being cocky. Let's just keep it in the clubhouse.

MIgrenade
07-10-2005, 11:53 PM
'there should be many of these for years to come', acting as if we were already in, and not thinking twice about it.

What bothers me is this thought that there will be so many of these in the future. That's what was said in 2000 and what happened. Obviously you don't change honeymoon plans, but Hawk should know better than to think this way and say it. Too many assumptions.

fquaye149
07-11-2005, 12:58 AM
I hate World Series talk at this time of year, I wouldn't even like it if we were already in the playoffs. I can't stand when the media talks about it or when Hawk reads emails about it on the air, like yesterdays one about whether the guy should go to the Honeymoon or a Sox series game, and Hawk said something like 'this is just a game, there should be many of these for years to come', acting as if we were already in, and not thinking twice about it. Let's settle down now, I love this team, best record for a Sox team, but in past years, Sox fans have gone on sports radio stations and proclaimed that this would be the year after a big win, and then the Sox didn't even make it to the playoffs. Big pet peeve of mine, Am I alone on this?

All I'm saying is that inevitably this is the best Sox team you will likely ever seen. It has just all clicked. We will almost certainly make the playoffs, and unless you were alive in 1959, this is probably the most playoff-ready team you have ever seen.

I just want to emphasize the fact that this is the team to put your weight behind, for better or for worse.

This is a special season, and I just wanted everyone to keep that in mind during this long all-star break interim that unfortunately had to start on such a down note.

Lip Man 1
07-11-2005, 01:06 PM
The most playoff ready team I ever saw was the 1983 Sox who had everything....great starting pitching, a reliable bullpen, more team speed and the ability to score a ton of runs via both the long ball and by just hitting singles.

Lip

fquaye149
07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
The most playoff ready team I ever saw was the 1983 Sox who had everything....great starting pitching, a reliable bullpen, more team speed and the ability to score a ton of runs via both the long ball and by just hitting singles.

Lip

and they were just a hold 2 from making the series and having a very good chance to win it.

I like our chances if we can stack up favorably with the 1983 squad.

RallyBowl
07-11-2005, 06:06 PM
:threadrules:

'nuff said.

FielderJones
07-11-2005, 09:31 PM

Unfortunately, everything included a bandy-legged utility infielder with questionable base-running judgement.
:angry:

Falstaff
07-12-2005, 04:05 AM
White Sox over Cardinals in 7 games - you heard it here first!:dtroll: