PDA

View Full Version : if crede goes on the DL

JermaineDye05
07-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I was wondering if crede goes on the DL will the sox call up Josh Fields or will they just call up another pitcher and have pablo play 3rd

Daver
07-10-2005, 04:37 PM
They are not going to call up a player from A ball.

White Sox Josh
07-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I was wondering if crede goes on the DL will the sox call up Josh Fields or will they just call up another pitcher and have pablo play 3rdput uribe at 3rd, ozuna at SS and call up that Pedro kid. If he is somehow out for the year you trade for 3B. I doubt either happens though.

TimChamp
07-10-2005, 04:42 PM
put uribe at 3rd, ozuna at SS and call up that Pedro kid. If he is somehow out for the year you trade for 3B. I doubt either happens though.

I was just about to say that...beat me to it...I don't understand why Uribe is not at 3rd today. Ozzie should really play Ozuna at SS, which is his more natural position...I mean, at least Uribe will do better than Pablo at 3rd, that's for sure.

--Champ out

TheOldRoman
07-10-2005, 04:45 PM
put uribe at 3rd, ozuna at SS and call up that Pedro kid. If he is somehow out for the year you trade for 3B. I doubt either happens though.
And just think, a couple of months ago the Sox could have had Chavez. I don't blame them, because he was hitting horribly at the time, and there was talk he had a torn labrum. It's better to miss getting him than to throw top prospects at a player with a high salary and a huge contract and risk his problems arent due to a lack of steroids. I know Beane said he wouldn't trade him, but he would have at the time.

Best of luck to Crede, we need him back soon and healthy.

Brian26
07-10-2005, 05:15 PM
And just think, a couple of months ago the Sox could have had Chavez.

How do you know we could have had Chavez? It was only a baseless rumor floating around. :?:

Chicago83
07-10-2005, 06:11 PM
I was wondering if crede goes on the DL will the sox call up Josh Fields or will they just call up another pitcher and have pablo play 3rd

What's this obsession people have with Josh Fields? He is a yound prospect who will not be ready for at least a year or two. Why in the world would we call him up? Are you drinking? People act like he's the next Robin Ventura.

Lip Man 1
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I have not seen any mention anywhere of that possibility however should it take place I'd assume Kenny makes a deal... either Randa or Graffinino.

An infield of Ozuna and Uribe for any lenght of time is not good.

Lip

Daver
07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I have not seen any mention anywhere of that possibility however should it take place I'd assume Kenny makes a deal... either Randa or Graffinino.

An infield of Ozuna and Uribe for any lenght of time is not good.

Lip

I would guess they would call up Greg Norton from Charlotte.

Lip Man 1
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Daver:

That's a possibility...hadn't thought of that. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I still have nightmares with him and Chris Snopek 'supposedly' going to replace Robin Ventura.

LOL

Lip

dickallen15
07-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I would guess they would call up Greg Norton from Charlotte.

If that happens, they should issue helmets to the fans sitting in the sections behind 1st base.

chitownhawkfan
07-10-2005, 06:50 PM
What's this obsession people have with Josh Fields? He is a yound prospect who will not be ready for at least a year or two. Why in the world would we call him up? Are you drinking? People act like he's the next Robin Ventura.

I think the comparisons are reasonable, I mean they both played at Oklahoma State and are third basemen. What more do you need, he must be ready to play.

:andy
I think I hear sirens

pudge
07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Daver:

That's a possibility...hadn't thought of that. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I still have nightmares with him and Chris Snopek 'supposedly' going to replace Robin Ventura.

LOL

Lip

Only lip would have nightmares about something like that.

:)

Mr. White Sox
07-10-2005, 07:51 PM
They are not going to call up a player from A ball.

Josh Fields is in AA ball...but yeah, he's not ready at all. He strikes out too much and he's only hitting around .250 right now

TaylorStSox
07-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Josh Fields is in AA ball...but yeah, he's not ready at all. He strikes out too much and he's only hitting around .250 right now

And, plays a bad 3rd base.

Mr. White Sox
07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
And, plays a bad 3rd base.

:D: yeah, that too. he has close to 17 or 18 errors now on the year.

mealfred13
07-10-2005, 08:18 PM
:D: yeah, that too. he has close to 17 or 18 errors now on the year.

So what's with all the hype?

Mr. White Sox
07-10-2005, 08:30 PM
So what's with all the hype?

well, he was the first round pick in 2004 and he has 11 HR and 16 doubles so far this year. He's got a lot of pop, but is not major league ready in the slightest. Maybe in 1-2 years he'll be ready.

Chisox003
07-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Lets at least make this point....

Joe Crede's defense at 3rd is absolutely essential and if he hits .240-.250 with 15-20 HRs to go along with that glove, even better....But we NEED Joe at third base

Hate him or love him, hes a solid defensive third baseman and this last series with Oakland emphasized how much Crede is needed at the hot corner

gobears1987
07-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Burke will get called up, he can play 3rd.

MIgrenade
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
I know Joe doesn't hit well but on this team his BA is close to average. That's really sad.

JB98
07-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Burke will get called up, he can play 3rd.

He can't play third well. We're better off with Pablo at third, which is more of an indictment of Burke than a compliment for Ozuna.

Fields is another one of these guys who has "tools" and "upside." The results just aren't there at this point. His numbers at AA are similar to Crede's numbers at the big-league level, and we all know how much heat Joe takes for his hitting. At least we know Crede will make all the plays at third.

Get well soon, JC. If he has to go on the DL, I'm afraid we don't have a better option than to stick with Pablo. Ozuna plays hard, but he's not an everyday player and he's better suited to shortstop. At third, he seems to have trouble reading the ball off the bat and figuring out when to charge and when to hang back. That particular art is one JC has mastered.

Foulke You
07-11-2005, 03:20 AM
If that happens, they should issue helmets to the fans sitting in the sections behind 1st base.
:roflmao:
Ah, how I remember taking a deep breath everytime Norton would cleanly field a ball and set to throw in the late '90s.

Kuzman
07-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Bring up Jamie Burke and have Widger play 3rd. Or trade for Aubrey Huff