PDA

View Full Version : 40 Man Roster Changes...

DrCrawdad
11-20-2001, 07:52 PM
Herbert Perry out.
Brian Simmons in, again.
Julio Ramirez perhaps on his way out?
Edwin Almonte, Matt Guerrier, Kyle Kane, Jon Rauch, Mitch Wylie, and catcher Miguel Olivo all in.

Julio Ramizez has been "designated for assignment". From what I've seen that usually means that a player is on his way out via trade or release. Does anyone here have any further info on what "designated for assignment" means? So if Julio is released then that means that KW got nothing for Jeff Abbott.

Jerry_Manuel
11-20-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Does anyone here have any further info on what "designated for assignment" means? So if Julio is released then that means that KW got nothing for Jeff Abbott.

I'm not sure exactly what it means. But I believe the jist of it is that the Sox have kicked Juilo off the 40 man roster, he is still contracted to the Sox. Juilo has the option to accept the assignment or decline it. If he says no, then he becomes a free agent. If he says yes then he stays in the minors and if the Sox want to bring him back up they would have to open up a spot on the 40 man roster for him. I might be way wrong, so hopefully someone who knows for sure can clear this up.

Paulwny
11-20-2001, 08:01 PM
Designated for assignment--- read the post in the Brian Simmons thread.

duke of dorwood
11-20-2001, 08:35 PM
Well we are a step closer to the Crede era with loss of milkman.

:crede

It's the year for #24's