PDA

View Full Version : Some good Sox chemistry...

soxfanreggie
07-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Off the White Sox website (having nothing better to do really early before church on a Sunday morning)...

Making the most: Timo Perez seems to be the man that the White Sox can count on, even when he's only used sparingly.

Perez made his 16th start of the season on Friday night, his fifth in left field, and collected a season-high three hits, going 3-for-4 in the loss.

"I was happy with how I played last night even though it wasn't a happy night for the team," Perez said.

Perez has batted .250 during his starts this year and said that his only wish is to do whatever he can to help the team when Guillen gives him the opportunity.

"I'm ready for whatever Ozzie needs me to do," Perez said. "I am a backup player that will play any spot he needs me to, even first base."

Drink to their success: A.J. Pierzynski has been getting a lot of accolades this season for his help with the improvement of the White Sox pitching staff. But on Saturday, it was Pierzynski that was handing out the gifts. The catcher and his wife Lisa rewarded all four of the Sox All-Stars, Buehrle, Garland, Konerko and Podsednik, with a bottle of Dom Perigon.

For those writers who think AJ doesn't care about his teammates...that's a pretty nice gift no matter how many millions you are making. It shows that AJ is proud of his teammates and definitely not that "distraction" now a lot of the media was talking about. Whether you like Timo or not, he has accepted his role of back-up right now, which is a good thing. I'm sure he has the desire to start, but you have to love a player who wants to make the best of his opportunities no matter how sparingly they come. Whatever we do with Willie/Timo, I'm going to behind the team, but also, I will wish the best for either of the guys no matter what happens (I just might be happier if it involves a few more stolent bases/game-winning runs).

RallyBowl
07-10-2005, 12:58 PM
A.J.- What a F'n cancer.

White Sox Josh
07-10-2005, 01:02 PM
:weewillie
"But Willie deserves to be a starter. Willie is a great player."

:ozzie
"bu i ma dee lineup"

:hawk
"peapod, HE GAWN!"

MIgrenade