PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post: Sox to trade for Preston Wilson, then ship him to Nats

Bisco Stu
07-10-2005, 12:21 AM
I hope we could find some way to keep Preston, I wanted the Sox to get him in the offseason.

From CBS Sportsline rumors:

According to the Washington Post, the White Sox might get involved in a deal that would see Colorado OF Preston Wilson heading to the Nationals. Chicago could get Washington P Zach Day, and would ship prospects and money to Colorado.

SOXfnNlansing
07-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Zach Day sucks... he's on the DL and here are his stats:angry: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400180

Soxzilla
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
This better not be the best we can do.

And for prospects and cash? Yuck.

bartmanisgod
07-10-2005, 12:34 AM
This makes no sense and I don't believe it for a second. For one, we all know Kenny flies under the radar. Two if we had to ship the prospects and money for Preston Wilson, why wouldn't we just keep him. He's much more valuable to us than Zach Day. I think this is just some loacal media memeber pipe dreaming in Washington.

infohawk
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Somebody mentioned that a move like this could be a precursor to a bigger trade for Jason Schmidt. The Sox would get Day, package him with another pitcher (perhaps McCarthy) and a high position player prospect and ship them to San Francisco for Schmidt. I seriously doubt that the Sox big pitching acquisition would be Zach Day.

Soxzilla
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Why would Preston Wilson be more valuable?

We already have a surplus of outfielders, and we don't need the extra strike outs.

Both of these guys can stay FAR FAR AWAY from Chicago.

PAPChiSox729
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Why would Preston Wilson be more valuable?

We already have a surplus of outfielders, and we don't need the extra strike outs.

Both of these guys can stay FAR FAR AWAY from Chicago.

Like the others have said, I am almost certain that if this were to go down, it would be to help make the package that would be traded for a big-name pitcher/player. I don't think Zach Day is the major acquisition that many think is coming. And to answer your question, I don't think Wilson is supposed to be coming here anyways. This needs to be in Whats the Score, IMO.

munchman33
07-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Somebody mentioned that a move like this could be a precursor to a bigger trade for Jason Schmidt. The Sox would get Day, package him with another pitcher (perhaps McCarthy) and a high position player prospect and ship them to San Francisco for Schmidt. I seriously doubt that the Sox big pitching acquisition would be Zach Day.

Bingo

JUribe1989
07-10-2005, 01:43 AM
I am actually pretty excited about this deal because I think this is a set up to get Burnett or Schmidt. Perhaps whoever the Sox have been in contact with wants Zach Day as well as other Sox prospects.

BeviBall!
07-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Zach Day sucks... he's on the DL and here are his stats:angry: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400180

The guy has been solid in his previous years with the Expos. Please do your research.

Brian26
07-10-2005, 11:03 AM
The guy has been solid in his previous years with the Expos. Please do your research.

Day has looked really good in the past, and he looked outstanding the couple of times I saw him last year.

jabrch
07-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Day is a fine pitcher - but he isn't worth giving up Bmac for. If we are moving Brian, it should be to get a top tier guy.

buehrle4cy05
07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Day is a fine pitcher - but he isn't worth giving up Bmac for. If we are moving Brian, it should be to get a top tier guy.

That's a good point. Could KW get more for McCarthy than Zach Day?

mr_genius
07-10-2005, 06:59 PM

smoke another one dude

no one is gonna trade a top tier pitcher for McCarthy

McCarthy can't even get AAA hitters out

MIgrenade
07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
smoke another one dude

no one is gonna trade a top tier pitcher for McCarthy

McCarthy can't even get AAA hitters out

Yes they will give up a top tier pitcher if they can't pay him. BMac is a very good prospect. Right now his value is extremely high as such because he is only 21 and has good control, he just needs time.

WhiteSoxNation
07-10-2005, 10:51 PM
I've saw in the Washington Post

Rockies get (from Sox) a prospect and cash
Oakland gets Preston Wilson
SOX get Zach Day (currently NA)

I think its a deal

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Day/B-Mac

TheOldRoman
07-10-2005, 10:53 PM
First of all, trade rumors go in "What's the Score?", not the clubhouse.

Secondly, this was already discussed.

Joosh
07-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I've saw in the Washington Post

Rockies get (from Sox) a prospect and cash
Oakland gets Preston Wilson
SOX get Zach Day (currently NA)

I think its a deal

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Day/B-Mac

I didn't know Zach Day pitched in Oakland!

Chisox003
07-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Edit: Im an idiot

I didnt even notice that mistake

It makes sense now

Chips
07-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Hernandez is coming back from the DL after the all star break. I think we will be just fine, assuming that he is recovered completely and doesn't get hurt again.