PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Accounted for the only Sox run.

:hurt

I think this team has a fear of white shoes.

doublem23
07-10-2005, 04:15 AM
TBGR: Embarrassed by Oakland
(http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2899)
:chunks

ode to veeck
07-10-2005, 10:38 AM
I think that's gotta be the record for the biggest shortest midget in the PTC winner's circle, ever.

When West and I were in the Diamond boxes in Oakland a week or so ago, it was funny to listen to the As season tix holders gasping in shear awe at Hurt stretching in the on deck circle only a few feet away ... just before he totally crushed one into the upper deck in left field

ondafarm
07-10-2005, 10:45 AM
What about Buehrle? He pitched seven innings of only two earned run baseball. Granted, he took the loss, but when your team doesn't score that'll happen.

A_ROW33
07-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm wondering Why it wasn't Scotty, he actually got a hit and Scored the only run, plus stole a base. While I do understand if he is voided for that fly ball he missed in the first inning.

doublem23
07-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm wondering Why it wasn't Scotty, he actually got a hit and Scored the only run, plus stole a base. While I do understand if he is voided for that fly ball he missed in the first inning.

There's your answer.

:hurt
Defense doesn't hurt you when you DH.

:tongue:

ondafarm
07-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Buehrle kept his team in the game until the seventh. Thomas was 0 for 3 and hit nothing but a fly ball.

This pick stinks.

doublem23
07-10-2005, 04:11 PM
It was also Buehrle was surrendered the runs that put the game out of reach.

ondafarm
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM

Those were unearned and don't count against the Pick to Click.

ondafarm
07-10-2005, 06:35 PM

If you read the rules, you would notice that when the Sox score fewer than 3 runs, it should be a pitcher who gets the PTC.

Those runs were unearned because of an error in the 7nth. Had the Sox scored a few runs, Buehrle probably doesn't stay in that long.

Daver
07-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Those rules were written for the previous umpire, I don't use them.

That being said, disputes with the umpire are settled by a duel, elephant guns at a thousand paces, what day can I pencil you in for?

ondafarm
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Those rules were written for the previous umpire, I don't use them.

That being said, disputes with the umpire are settled by a duel, elephant guns at a thousand paces, what day can I pencil you in for?

Are you available manana? My florist says she can handle the floral arrangement for your funeral without missing the All-Star game then.

Could you list the rules somewhere then.

The Racehorse
07-10-2005, 07:42 PM
If you read the rules, you would notice that when the Sox score fewer than 3 runs, it should be a pitcher who gets the PTC.
Are you available manana? My florist says she can handle the floral arrangement for your funeral without missing the All-Star game then.
... just tell him 29 February. By the time that date rolls around, we'll all have forgotten about it. It works like a charm. :redneck

:)

Frater Perdurabo
07-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Ordinarily I'd say "Roadhouse" is in this thread's future. However, I think "morgue" might be more appropriate in this case.

:supernana:

FarWestChicago
07-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Could you list the rules somewhere then.No. And this is beyond stupid.