PDA

View Full Version : Curse Of Arnold Rothstein

LuvSox
07-09-2005, 07:31 PM
The August edition of Men's Fitness magazine has 1/2 page dedicated to sports curses still in effect even after the Red Sox WS victory. Included are the EA Sports curse, the Curse Of Dr. J, The Stadium Sponsorship Curse (9 companies in the last 10 years have filed for bankruptcy after naming stadiums) and of course our beloved Pale Hose. A synopsis:
The Curse Of Arnold Rothstein

Victim: Chicgo White Sox

Cause: Rothstein was the sports loving gambler who fixed the 1919 World Series.

Effect: 87 years without a title

Evidence: The Chisox moved their broadcasts to UHF in the 1960's, thinking it was the next best thing. In 1976 the team wore the worst uniforms in sports history: navy bermuda shorts, striped knee socks and white nylon pullovers with navy half-collars.

Looks to me like people are starting to notice our team, be that good or bad. Knock off the curse crap though.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2005, 07:45 PM
What a joke. Men's Fitness is inventing curses for us. Great...

Here's guessing the intelligence of the average Men's Fitness reader is just low enough to believe their bull****, too.

**** Men's Fitness.

tebman
07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Watch your newsstand for these features! Coming soon!

* "How To Build Your Own Team by Ken Williams" Popular Mechnics

* "I lost 40 Pounds on the Churro Diet!" Good Housekeeping

* "Brad and Angelina Spotted in Lot G with Bigfoot!" Weekly World News

Bandwagon-hoppers are the price of success, I guess.

LuvSox
07-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Here's guessing the intelligence of the average Men's Fitness reader is just low enough to believe their bull****, too.

Hey, I bought it at the grocery store, I'm not a subscriber! :redneck

jackbrohamer
07-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Arnold Rothstein did a tremendous amount of harm in his live that did not involve baseball. It's offensive to have his name linked with the White Sox in any way.