PDA

View Full Version : Clement added to All Star team

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Francona better not be starting him over Buehrle and Garland.
Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050709&content_id=1122831&vkey=allstar2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-09-2005, 05:22 PM
I was hoping Freddy Garcia would get the nod, but I knew Francona would take his own guy, especially after the comments he made a few days ago. It would've been nice if he took Jeremy Bonderman instead, seeing that Detroit only has one player and Bonderman has been great for them this year.

buehrle4cy05
07-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Francona better not be starting him over Buehrle and Garland.

I don't think you have to worry. Francona couldv'e made a case to take Clement on the original team, and he didn't. He's not playing favorites with his starters. I look for Buehrle to get the nod now.

NSSoxFan
07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I was hoping Freddy Garcia would get the nod, but I knew Francona would take his own guy, especially after the comments he made a few days ago. It would've been nice if he took Jeremy Bonderman instead, seeing that Detroit only has one player and Bonderman has been great for them this year.

It would be pointless for Freddy to go aside from the honor. He wouldn't be able to pitch on Tuesday since he starts tomorrow. But now I have a sneaking suspicion that Clement is going to start the game if Burly-Mon doesn't have a great start tonight. Just call me paranoid.

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 05:31 PM
It would be pointless for Freddy to go aside from the honor. He wouldn't be able to pitch on Tuesday since he starts tomorrow. But now I have a sneaking suspicion that Clement is going to start the game if Burly-Mon doesn't have a great start tonight. Just call me paranoid.Buehrle will start. I think he is the only AL SP now with Halladay gone to have an ERA under 3.

NSSoxFan
07-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Buehrle will start. I think he is the only AL SP now with Halladay gone to have an ERA under 3.

Thank you, Terry.

ShoelessJoeS
07-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Thank you, Terry.
:rolling: