PDA

View Full Version : Kotsay re-signs with the A's

Jjav829
07-09-2005, 03:31 PM
So much for him going to the Cubs or Yankees. The A's gave him a new 3-year worth $7.5 million in 2007 and 2008.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2104318)

itsjustinf
07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
What's Oakland thinking? Don't they know that they owe it to the Cubs to give up Kotsay for their run at the World Series?

ATXBMX
07-09-2005, 06:09 PM
They could still trade him, he had a clause in his contract that could have allowed him to opt for free agency after this season. No team wanted to trade for him with that clause.

Edit: I just read that he gets a no-trade clause, so I guess I'm wrong. What is Beane thinking?

SABRSox
07-09-2005, 06:13 PM
They could still trade him, he had a clause in his contract that could have allowed him to opt for free agency after this season. No team wanted to trade for him with that clause.

That's probably what's going to happen. I don't see much reason for Oakland wanting to keep him.

doublem23
07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Edit: I just read that he gets a no-trade clause, so I guess I'm wrong. What is Beane thinking?

"This guy is a pretty good centerfielder, so I better hold on to him."

SABRSox
07-09-2005, 07:15 PM

But at $7.5mil a year? His numbers are comparable with guys like David DeJesus and Grady Sizemore. I wouldn't give them those kind of contracts. But then again, I don't know what the OF depth is like in the A's minor league system. With this move I'm guessing it ended at Swisher...

JRIG
07-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by ATXBMX

:roflmao:

I needed a good laugh after being in attendance tonight.

You're right. Kotsay is a very good player and an excellent defensive centerfielder.

bafiarocks03
07-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Yay Mark is staying!! Kotsay is a huge impact on the team! It's awesome he signed!

beckett21
07-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Yay Mark is staying!! Kotsay is a huge impact on the team! It's awesome he signed!

Ummm....:?:

Which team do you root for again? :?:

Jjav829
07-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Ummm....:?:

Which team do you root for again? :?:

The bafiarocks team. You know, the team with Miguel Olivo, D'Angelo Jimenez, Willie Harris, Paul Konerko, and apparently Mark Kotsay. :D:

beckett21
07-10-2005, 11:48 AM
The bafiarocks team. You know, the team with Miguel Olivo, D'Angelo Jimenez, Willie Harris, Paul Konerko, and apparently Mark Kotsay. :D:

Yeah, if she was anyone else I was really going to rip into her...but given the source I couldn't really get too upset. I still couldn't just let it pass. :D: