PDA

View Full Version : Tribe Lose Again! Twins Next?

TwinsFanLeft4Dead
07-09-2005, 04:02 PM
As the Tribe slide with a 4 game losing streak. Do you still think that dismissing the Twins is smart? I mean most of you said that the WildCard will come from the Central. Doesnt look like the Tribe has what it takes to make a late season push.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-09-2005, 04:07 PM
It's nice to know some Twins fans are more worried about the Toons than they are about the Sox.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2005, 04:13 PM
It's nice to know some Twins fans are more worried about the Toons than they are about the Sox.

Exactly. When Twins fans are more worried about beating Cleveland for the wild card than the Sox for the division championship, we've already won.

And it's July 9.

:roflmao:

doublem23
07-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I can't believe people actually believed the hype. They suuuuuuuuuuuck.

NSSoxFan
07-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Exactly. When Twins fans are more worried about beating Cleveland for the wild card than the Sox for the division championship, we've already won.

And it's July 9.

Just wait until our next game against the Twinkies when we're 18 games up!

:D:

TwinsFanLeft4Dead
07-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Look the only reason us Twins fans are thinking about the WildCard more then the Sox is because were freaking 10 games behind!! 10 games is almost impossible to make up at this time in the season. We are not going to be unrealistic. Yes. The Sox have won the AL Central. Yes woohoo good for you. But we want to make the playoffs so we are thinking about the best way and only way to do it. WILDCARD!

soltrain21
07-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Yes. The Sox have won the AL Central. Yes woohoo good for you.

Please go away.

NSSoxFan
07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Look the only reason us Twins fans are thinking about the WildCard more then the Sox is because were freaking 10 games behind!! 10 games is almost impossible to make up at this time in the season. We are not going to be unrealistic. Yes. The Sox have won the AL Central. Yes woohoo good for you. But we want to make the playoffs so we are thinking about the best way and only way to do it. WILDCARD!

While your stay here is a guaranteed short one, let me tell you this. Any team that concedes their division THIS early is in trouble. If you like your team's chances in a group of four to six other teams, have fun.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2005, 05:48 PM
While your stay here is a guaranteed short one, let me tell you this. Any team that concedes their division THIS early is in trouble. If you like your team's chances in a group of four to six other teams, have fun.

Yep. I'm betting at least 3 teams are still in the wild card hunt through mid-September. And TF4L already has his team penciled in as the winner out of the six that are alive right now.

It's almost a sure thing at least one of those 6 teams is going to heat up in a big way in the second half. But here is where TF4L makes a complete dope of himself. When one of these wild card "contenders" gets white hot, they pass the first place team in their division -- and then the first-place team becomes the leader for the wild card!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

TF4L has the same mindset as a clueless Cubs fans, smoking harder and harder on that bong pipe to keep the pipedream alive.

:notwinks

ShoelessJoeS
07-09-2005, 05:59 PM
sweet, when can i buy my postseason tix?

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2005, 06:15 PM
sweet, when can i buy my postseason tix?

You can't because, uhhh, see, I just won the Illinois Lottery and will buy out the entire stadium for the ALDS, ALCS, and World Series. Sorry for this short notice. :cool:

ShoelessJoeS
07-09-2005, 07:26 PM
You can't because, uhhh, see, I just won the Illinois Lottery and will buy out the entire stadium for the ALDS, ALCS, and World Series. Sorry for this short notice. :cool:
wow, sox make the playoffs and you win the lottery all in the same week...lucky you :tongue:

NSSoxFan
07-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Twins fans:

Rule #1 to winning the Wild Card: Don't let Kansas City score 6 runs in one inning.

Rule #2 to winning the Wild Card: Don't let Kansas City run your starter out of the game in 2 IP.

Rule #3 to winning the Wild Card: Beat Kansas City

itsnotrequired
07-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Twins fans:

Rule #2 to winning the Wild Card: Don't let Kansas City run your starter out of the game in 2 IP.

That wasn't their starter. Starting a reliver is the latest craze.

buehrle4cy05
07-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Don't worry. The Twins won't win the WildCard:rolling:

Soxaholic
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Could someone give me a HE GONE?