PDA

View Full Version : *Official* McNeil sounds like Coppock more and more every day thread

Rocklive99
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Anyone else hear this? Decided to post this in 'What's the Score' because I'm not so sure how much I trust the source (It wasn't my fault! I just turned on the radio and jumped in the shower, not knowing the dial was there)

Anyways, Mac said that he had been debating on whether he should go public with this but, "the Sox were sooo nice" to Dave Wills that they really helped him pursue the TB job, because they weren't really happy with his pre/post stuff and implying they were happy to see him go. Then MJH began to discuss it a little, being a little surprised, and saying maybe they didn't like how people would portray Sox fans by listening to Wills (they even said 'uneducated or neanderthal', ummmm, I never got that impression, didn't he graduate from ND?) and that they didn't like his anti-Cub stuff (which I thought was rather enteraining, and had no problem with Willsy would flex his muscles when some dumb Cub fan would try and call in and basically troll).

This really surprises me, we know some of the people in the Sox organization read this board, and how much we all loved Willsy and disappointed to see him leave. The pre/post was very enjoyable and there was nothing like being at a game and hearing Willsy's intro followed by "NEXXXXTTTT" and Thunderstruck. We know a MLB radio job is bigger and better things, but I don't get why the Sox would try to get rid of a great pre/post guy, there must have been some personal issues, but this really disappoints me. No offense to Dolgin, I know things take time and improves with every game, but I haven't had the dial on AM 1000 during pre/post game in a while...

Again though, I don't know if I trust the horse's ass this came from, memories of the Nancy story come to mind...

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm quickly starting to dislike MJH a little more everyday.

chisoxfan64
07-08-2005, 05:58 PM

I`ve been listening less and less to ESPN 1000. And these 3 clowns are really driving me down the dial.

Paxson93
07-08-2005, 06:05 PM
If the Sox wanted Wills gone so badly why would they have incorporated his "NEEEXT" into the team intro halfway through last season?
I'm thinking it's a :bs:rumor.

irish rover
07-08-2005, 06:12 PM
If the Sox wanted Wills gone so badly why would they have incorporated his "NEEEXT" into the team intro halfway through last season?
I'm thinking it's a :bs:rumor.

I agree

I heard it. Jurko stated that it was more like "somethimes you have to get the little bird to leave the nest". To me he made it seem like he over stayed is welcome and they wanted something new for new sake

This brings me to something else. I know guys aren't to happy with Brian, but alt least we have a post game show. I listen to Brewer, Coob and sox games and the sox are the only one to have an indepth post game that allows folks to phone in

SOXSINCE'70
07-08-2005, 06:51 PM
I hated hearing that Dave Wills was leaving.
His post game shows were awesome.He may have been
the only guy who took a Sox loss harder than I did.Loved his
"Coob" hatred as well.He told it like it was,and if you weren't
happy with it,tough.

And without Dave Wills,I wouldn't have this word in my vocabulary:

:wills
"Drillrods".:D: :D:

beckett21
07-08-2005, 06:54 PM

I used to like them, but they have become unlistenable just like the rest of the crap on 1000. Oddly enough, the most tolerable of the 3 to me is Harry, which is scary in and of itself. :mg:

More time to listen to music I guess.

Parrothead
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=beckett21]Oddly enough, the most tolerable of the 3 to me is Harry, which is scary in and of itself. :mg:QUOTE]

Only two things to say about that

#1. You got to be kidding, Harry is the worst and #2.........
:chunks

beckett21
07-08-2005, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=beckett21]Oddly enough, the most tolerable of the 3 to me is Harry, which is scary in and of itself. :mg:QUOTE]

Only two things to say about that

#1. You got to be kidding, Harry is the worst and #2.........
:chunks

At least Harry is the least condescending of the three.

Like I said, the show has become unlistenable. It's not so much that I like Harry, I dislike the other two guys more.

Their act has worn out on me. I don't listen to the program anymore.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2005, 07:30 PM
I think the Sox just wanted to help him advance his career. It always seemed to me that they were happy for him, rather than being happy he was gone. Everybody knows about his dream to become a play-by-play man. The Sox just wanted to help him make that a reality, and now that he's in TB, he's one step closer to achieving his dream.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 07:31 PM
IIRC MJH never liked Wilsy. They always made fun of him so I'm not surprised to hear them starting rumors like that.

Brian26
07-08-2005, 09:01 PM
I used to like them, but they have become unlistenable just like the rest of the crap on 1000. Oddly enough, the most tolerable of the 3 to me is Harry, which is scary in and of itself. :mg:

More time to listen to music I guess.

Agreed 100%. Harry is the most credible of the three, which is extremely scary since he's suposed to be the comic relief in the trio. Mac has proven himself to be a complete dolt over the past year, from his quitting on the team last July, to his questioning Bruce Levine if "Juan Uribe is the answer at shortstop" the week before the season began, to his "I'm getting itchy for training camp in Bourbanais" comments in the middle of May.

These comments about Wills are complete bunk. Dave put on a stellar pre and post-game show in a classy, educated, and entertaining manner. Willsy was just as well-spoken as anyone on sports radio. What a complete crock of ****.

Furthermore, I always sensed some underlying tension and jealousy from MJH towards Wills. Does anyone ever remember the snide remarks Mac would make about their show "only being there to build a bridge to Dave Wills and White Sox baseball coming up at 7pm" while Jerko's fat ass was snickering in the background? Is the BRUUUUUUUUUUCE Levine schtick a dig at Willsy too?

F MJH. After this season, I'll probably never listen to that station again.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Agreed 100%. Harry is the most credible of the three, which is extremely scary since he's suposed to be the comic relief in the trio. Mac has proven himself to be a complete dolt over the past year, from his quitting on the team last July, to his questioning Bruce Levine if "Juan Uribe is the answer at shortstop" the week before the season began, to his "I'm getting itchy for training camp in Bourbanais" comments in the middle of May.

These comments about Wills are complete bunk. Dave put on a stellar pre and post-game show in a classy, educated, and entertaining manner. Willsy was just as well-spoken as anyone on sports radio. What a complete crock of ****.

Furthermore, I always sensed some underlying tension and jealousy from MJH towards Wills. Does anyone ever remember the snide remarks Mac would make about their show "only being there to build a bridge to Dave Wills and White Sox baseball coming up at 7pm" while Jerko's fat ass was snickering in the background? Is the BRUUUUUUUUUUCE Levine schtick a dig at Willsy too?

F MJH. After this season, I'll probably never listen to that station again.No it's a tribute to Bruce Springsteen.

Brian26
07-08-2005, 09:12 PM
No it's a tribute to Bruce Springsteen.

Ok - are you 100% sure that there's not some Willsy diggin' in there too? Willsy used to call Levine the "baseball insider BRUUUCE Levine". Seems like MJH were takin' shots at him by doing this.

NonetheLoaiza
07-08-2005, 09:12 PM
It's just amazing how much more negative they have gotten toward the Sox since they lost out on them for the 06 campaign. I agree, though, that the show has become unlistenable. I come home from work and will either listen to the Score or sit in silence.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok - are you 100% sure that there's not some Willsy diggin' in there too? Willsy used to call Levine the "baseball insider BRUUUCE Levine". Seems like MJH were takin' shots at him by doing this.Yeah because they also do the bruuuuce thing whenever they talk to Bruce Weber or anyone else named bruce. Harry is a big Springsteen fan.

tebman
07-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I always thought you need to take those jokers as amusing babblers. They're pretty good at pinging conversation off each other, kind of like watching three guys play hacky sack who keep the bag moving.

But yeah, since WMVP lost the Sox they've got less incentive to talk about them. So they come off as contrary because it gives them "edge" and that's what talk radio is all about.

Of course if the alternative is Mike Murphy.... :o:

beckett21
07-08-2005, 09:51 PM

F MJH. After this season, I'll probably never listen to that station again.

Thanks Brian. Took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't have expressed it any better.

FWIW I *met* the three of them a few years back at Bears Training Camp in Bourbonnais. They were preparing for a live broadcast of their show and I just walked by their table to say hello and tell them I enjoyed listening. Harry was by far the friendliest of the three, and truly seemed appreciative. Jurko was extremely rude and dismissive, because apparently I was interrupting their *pre-show meeting*. Mac was pretty much indifferent.

It may not be fair, but since then that has always colored my view of those guys. Mac has totally lost me in the past year with the garbage he has been spewing, and Jurko is a completely worthless egotistical windbag as far as I am concerned.

Brian26
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Jurko is a completely worthless egotistical windbag as far as I am concerned.

I've said this before, but I have no idea how Jurko is employed by a 50,000-watt radio station in a major market. It's a joke. This guy doesn't have the talent to be working on a college radio station for free. He just comes off as completely and totally ignorant. He tries to be condescendingly funny, but it doesn't work coming from a guy as uneducated as he is. Bruce Wolf can pull that schtick off seamlessly. Jurko can't.

I put Harry in that Les Grobstein category...as probably two of the 10 Cubs fans on the planet I actually don't despise because they are truly knowledgable about their team. Harry does his homework, and I respect him for that.

Stroker Ace
07-08-2005, 10:19 PM
And without Dave Wills,I wouldn't have this word in my vocabulary:

:wills
"Drillrods".:D: :D:I can say the same thing.

Viva Medias B's
07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
MJH's station lost us to their archrival. That's the bottom line.

SOXfnNlansing
07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Parrothead]

At least Harry is the least condescending of the three.

Like I said, the show has become unlistenable. It's not so much that I like Harry, I dislike the other two guys more.

Their act has worn out on me. I don't listen to the program anymore. If I hear "go to cottage" one more time I'll go crazy

Lip Man 1
07-09-2005, 12:01 AM
From what I know Dave had a good relationship with the Sox. After he did his interview with me for the site he told me that he got many compliments over it. I have to assume some of those came from the Sox brass.

I think MJH are full of crapola.

Lip

Viva Medias B's
07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=beckett21] If I hear "go to cottage" one more time I'll go crazy

Actually, if those drillrods "went to cottage" and stayed there, it'd be fine by me!

TornLabrum
07-09-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm interviewing Dave tomorrow (if there is phone service) for the WCSF newsletter. I'll ask him tomorrow separately from the article.

Chicago83
07-09-2005, 03:40 AM
I`ve been listening less and less to ESPN 1000. And these 3 clowns are really driving me down the dial.

As bad as MJH are some times, they will never drive me down the dial.

TornLabrum
07-09-2005, 08:39 AM

They've driven me to a completely different band. I used to listen to them during the Dahl show's commercial breaks. Now I just sit through the commercials.

gosox41
07-09-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a strange feeling you will be back with us some day Dave. I mean...Hawk can't live forever, right????

Speaking about that, on McNeil's show yesterday he was saying that the Sox were more then happy to let Wills go. Not just so he can get a better opportunity but it sounded like as much as the Sox liked Wills they'd prefer less venom against the Cubs. The feeling is that a Sox pre and post game show should be about the Sox, and unless they're playing the Cubs to let it go.

Anyone here something like this elsewhere?

Bob

TornLabrum
07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Speaking about that, on McNeil's show yesterday he was saying that the Sox were more then happy to let Wills go. Not just so he can get a better opportunity but it sounded like as much as the Sox liked Wills they'd prefer less venom against the Cubs. The feeling is that a Sox pre and post game show should be about the Sox, and unless they're playing the Cubs to let it go.

Anyone here something like this elsewhere?

Bob

I just got off the phone with Dave who was doing an interview for an article I'll be writing for the fall WCSF newsletter. I asked him about this. He put no credance in it.

In fact, Bob Grimm talked to him this spring after DJ missed those games and when Hawk went down with the eye surgery and said, "Now look at the position you've put me in!" because they had no ready replacement.

He also said that everyone in management seemed like they were very happy to see him when he came back to The Cell this week.

My conclusion: MJH were doing the same thing as when Jurkovich shot off his mouth about the Sox firing Nancy Faust at the end of the year. This just gives me one more reason to not listen to them.

MIgrenade
07-09-2005, 12:52 PM
You know B+B said much the same things as MJH. Bernstein said Wills was a pompous jerk back when they were both doing minor league stuff. Though I can't imagine why anyone would be a pompous jerk to Bernstein. Unimaginable.

Mickster
07-09-2005, 12:58 PM
COMPLETE B.S.

I listen to Dave quite often in the car on XM and he's great. Has a great baseball voice and shows enthusiasm when calling a game (tough to do when you're calling the D-Ray games).
I hope he makes his way back to Chicago some day to call games for the pale hose....

TornLabrum
07-09-2005, 12:59 PM
You know B+B said much the same things as MJH. Bernstein said Wills was a pompous jerk back when they were both doing minor league stuff. Though I can't imagine why anyone would be a pompous jerk to Bernstein. Unimaginable.

That's odd because to me it's Bernstein who comes off sounding like a pompous jerk. I've known Dave since he was an announcer with the Cougars, but got to know him a whole lot better when he started doing our luncheons almost ten years ago. Dave is anything but a pompous jerk. In fact, I'm willing to bet that of anyone here who has ever met him, no one will have anything bad to say about him.

What can you say negative about a guy who volunteered to emcee all of the luncheons for a group that couldn't pay him a dime and would continue to do so even now if he were able? That doesn't sound like a pompous jerk.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-09-2005, 01:27 PM
brian dolgan (sp?) does a good job but he doesn't go off on tangents like willsy did. i miss that passion.

yesterday on the mac jurko harry show mac said that the sox basically couldn't wait for dave to move on. interesting.

downstairs
07-09-2005, 01:52 PM
yesterday on the mac jurko harry show mac said that the sox basically couldn't wait for dave to move on. interesting.

The primary reason they didn't like him was his Cubs bashing.... which I loved him for.

I wish we had more of that, and I hope JR stipulated that with the new WSCR contract they'd bring on some people who are- like a lot of Sox fans- Sox fans first, Cubs haters second, and baseball lovers third.

jabrch
07-09-2005, 02:01 PM
brian dolgan (sp?) does a good job but he doesn't go off on tangents like willsy did. i miss that passion.

Many say the same thing about ole Dangerous Dan...btw, I have called that station only once, to remind him that he will always be most famous for being Chet Coppock's shine-box. I don't have any liking of Dangerous. He's better than some of the other pseudo-media personalities in this town, but that's not saying much.

Only being teamed with Harry and Jurko could Mac sound even remotely decent.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Only being teamed with Harry and Jurko could Mac sound even remotely decent.

I'm guessing these three bozos will be taking the plunge into the ****house as everyday media trolls, right next to North, Murph, Moronotti, and Clueless. It's only a matter of time...

Regardless, those three fatasses will be planted in Bourbonnais in a matter of days, jacking off to sweaty Bears in their underwear soon enough. Book it.

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 03:13 PM

They'll drive me to my Sirius car radio.:D: :D:

And I'm not being sarcastic.I actually have one in my car.
Very cool.Great music selections.Most of all,commercial free music.:cool:

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 03:18 PM
That's odd because to me it's Bernstein who comes off sounding like a pompous jerk.

:hawk

"Burns and Boerstein,who the hell are they??" :roflmao: :roflmao:

-Ken Harrelson,2004.IIRC,he made this comment during the "Come On,Timo!"
game against the Tribe.I was at the game,so I can't verify.:(:

Brian26
07-09-2005, 04:49 PM

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Willsy is 100% blue collar, friendly-as-all-hell. Bernsy needs to join a chess club or something and get some friends.

Brian26
07-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm guessing these three bozos will be taking the plunge into the ****house as everyday media trolls, right next to North, Murph, Moronotti, and Clueless. It's only a matter of time...

Regardless, those three fatasses will be planted in Bourbonnais in a matter of days, jacking off to sweaty Bears in their underwear soon enough. Book it.

Gospel.

In between the Bears two-a-days, Jurko will be back in his air-conditioned room eating Brown's Chicken and playing Nascar 2k4 on Playstation. What a bunch of untalented dolts.

NSSoxFan
07-09-2005, 05:09 PM

The clowns were more worried about drinking in the dorms down in Bourbonnais then talking about the Sox. It just proves that they should be put right next to all of the other morons you listed above. I'll never forget that before this season started, McNeil (the huge Sox fan that he is), mocked the signing of Tadahito. Not only that, he predicted the Sox to finish third.

This also brings me back to when I was having dinner at Heaven on Seven and who else than McNeil was sitting at the table behind mine. I thought his voice was annoying on the radio, boy was I wrong. This turd talked so LOUD and so arrogantly in a span of an hour that I thought I was going to blow my brains out. His phone must have rang five times in that hour and every single time he answered it simply by saying "Mac here". My girlfriend was totally at a loss as to how someone like this is 'famous'. I told her because he is on radio. What a jag....

TornLabrum
07-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Willsy is 100% blue collar, friendly-as-all-hell. Bernsy needs to join a chess club or something and get some friends.

I think maybe the problem is that when Wills was out there pitching a ball, Bernsie was in the A-V club.

tebman
07-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Pot. Kettle. Black.

:rolling: :thumbsup:

slavko
07-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Don't forget that Mac was campaining for the pre-post job.

Lip Man 1
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Dave has been in touch with me today concerning the 'perception' that some of the Chicago media has had about him recently. (i.e. MJH saying that the Sox were in so many words, 'glad' to get rid of him...). He discussed some things in confidence but also said that I could pass this comment along to those folks who have been supporting him:

"BTW... also heard Bernstein ripped on me too... you can pass this along... I met him a couple of times when he was the voice of the Rockford team... not sure what their nickname was at that time... we talked but I could tell after the first meeting he wasn't a guy I would want to spend a lot of time with... he made it seem like the Midwest League was below him... and I think if you talked to other broadcasters in the league they would say the same... He was not one of the more well like broadcasters in the MWL... I know that is a shocker..."

Dave also asked what is it between the Sox and the A's. He mentioned that even the DEVIL RAYS won the season series 5-4!

THAT may be the unkindest cut of all!!!!!

Lip

Iwritecode
07-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Dave has been in touch with me today concerning the 'perception' that some of the Chicago media has had about him recently. (i.e. MJH saying that the Sox were in so many words, 'glad' to get rid of him...). He discussed some things in confidence but also said that I could pass this comment along to those folks who have been supporting him:

"BTW... also heard Bernstein ripped on me too... you can pass this along... I met him a couple of times when he was the voice of the Rockford team... not sure what their nickname was at that time... we talked but I could tell after the first meeting he wasn't a guy I would want to spend a lot of time with... he made it seem like the Midwest League was below him... and I think if you talked to other broadcasters in the league they would say the same... He was not one of the more well like broadcasters in the MWL... I know that is a shocker..."

Dave also asked what is it between the Sox and the A's. He mentioned that even the DEVIL RAYS won the season series 5-4!

THAT may be the unkindest cut of all!!!!!

Lip

I never knew Bernstein was the voice of the Rockford (insert nickname) at one point in time.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was the "Cubbies" when he was here. God that was an embarassing period in Rockford history...

veeter
07-11-2005, 12:57 PM
I've never met Dave Wills but he seems down to earth, a genuine person and fan. Dan Bernstein is a lot of things, none of them genuine. He's glib and arrogant. Dave can rest easy that a guy like Bernstein DOESN'T mesh with him. Phonies are a dime a dozen in the Chicago media. Dave Wills never struck me as phony.

32nd&Wallace
07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Dan MacNeil's greatest hits:

1). Bolting from the Score in 2000
2). Proceeding to bad mouth everyone at The Score the better part of his four years with WMVP
3). Wanting to go back to the Score in 2005 when contract negotations with ESPN stalled
3). And my favorite...getting into several on-air confrontations with Harry Teinowitz, one of which resulted in a physical assault

Keep up the good work Mac!

SOXPHILE
07-11-2005, 01:31 PM

I heard that last week to, and I was just going to say the same thing. Having a north shore, wine sipping, condescending, psuedo-intellectual like Bernstein tell us that someone was a pompous jerk to him was one of the funniest things I've heard. Yeah, O.K. Danny boy, you're NOTHING like that, are you ? When he said that, I wanted to reach through the radio and slap him. While I do like Boers & Bernstein, I'm seeing more and more that it's Boers that I like, while Bernstein gets me angrier and angrier each time I hear him spout off and inform us about how much he knows about...well...EVERYTHING !

PatK
07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Mac has taken a turn for the worse since the Sox announced their move to WSCR.

Harry is an idiot who knows NOTHING about baseball strategy, although he does know a lot of stats. He's also in fantasy land when it comes to trades.

Jurko is just a big fat idiot who runs out of breath between his meaningless rants and undless Bubba Burger product placement.

TaylorStSox
07-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't know how you guys can tolerate any sports radio.

34 Inch Stick
07-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I go away for a long weekend and I feel that I have been transplanted into the Twilight Zone:

-Harry is credible
-Bernstein called someone else arrogant
-promotion to an MLB booth is thought of as anything but a huge step up
-the number 1 sports radio show in the city suddenly sucks
AND, last but certainly not least
-HARRY IS CREDIBLE

Even if what MJH said is true, what is the incentive to bring it up 6 months later. I assume the parties have had no interaction since Wills left. What is the context for both MJH and BandB to bring up a Devil Rays broadcaster in the same week?

TornLabrum
07-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I go away for a long weekend and I feel that I have been transplanted into the Twilight Zone:

-Harry is credible
-Bernstein called someone else arrogant
-promotion to an MLB booth is thought of as anything but a huge step up
-the number 1 sports radio show in the city suddenly sucks
AND, last but certainly not least
-HARRY IS CREDIBLE

Even if what MJH said is true, what is the incentive to bring it up 6 months later. I assume the parties have had no interaction since Wills left. What is the context for both MJH and BandB to bring up a Devil Rays broadcaster in the same week?

Um...Tampa Bay was in town last week, and Wills was in town as their radio PBP guy. Please take a look at your Sox schedule. If you don't have one, you can always find one at http://www.whitesox.com.

Brian26
07-11-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't know how you guys can tolerate any sports radio.

Honestly, I can't. Yesterday, for the first time in almost a year, I turned on the Score. I think the last time I listened was when Ofman had an on-air orgasm after the Cubs got Nomar on the trading deadline last year. Anyway, JHood was talking to some jabroni on the phone about the White Sox...trying to make sense of it all for the common fan. The clown on the phone had no clue, and JHood isn't far behind. These idiots cater to the lowest common denominator, and it's a joke they have jobs.

34 Inch Stick
07-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Um...Tampa Bay was in town last week, and Wills was in town as their radio PBP guy. Please take a look at your Sox schedule. If you don't have one, you can always find one at http://www.whitesox.com.

Thanks for the condescending answer.

What did they have to say about the Oakland announcing team?

TornLabrum
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM

You're welcome, but you know what they say: "Ask a...." And as far as I know they had nothing to say about anybody but Wills.

Parrothead
07-11-2005, 09:35 PM

3). And my favorite...getting into several on-air confrontations with Harry Teinowitz, one of which resulted in a physical assault

I personally liked #3.....I wish it would have led to getting Harry off the air.:cool:

Rocklive99
07-11-2005, 10:06 PM

Many Sox fans loved Wills, MJH used to work with him, so there's a connection there. But it came up when Harry was at a TB game and saw Wills there and was talking about how nice the Sox were to him since they put him in a suite, to which Mac went on to make his comment

PaleHoseGeorge
07-11-2005, 10:08 PM

1). Bolting from the Score in 2000
2). Proceeding to bad mouth everyone at The Score the better part of his four years with WMVP
3). Wanting to go back to the Score in 2005 when contract negotations with ESPN stalled

You forgot to include his ongoing berating of his former boss Chet Coppock, the very person that took that no-talent blowhard under his wing. How do you think Mac became the no-talent blowhard that he is?
:o:

Here's a prediction you can take to the bank. When Mac finally gets the pink slip, he'll blame everybody in the world as the culprit -- everyone but himself, of course.

mr_genius
07-11-2005, 10:16 PM
i haven't listened to MJH in a while.... has mac really got this bad?

he was my favorite guy on the show

oh well

34 Inch Stick
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
You're welcome, but you know what they say: "Ask a...." And as far as I know they had nothing to say about anybody but Wills.

But Oakland was in town and by your previous answer to me that would mean that Oakland announcers would be a topic of discussion.

I haven't known you to respond in this fashion in the past so I will just take it as sensitivity to MJH and Bernstein abusing a personal friend.

PatK
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Speaking of Mac's greatest hit, I'll never forget when he wrote the "Talkin' Biscuit" column in The Blue Line (the unofficial Blackhawks program sold outside the UC), he said that the fans were too hard on Jim Cummins and mark his word, Jim Cummins would become the next Cam Neely.

TornLabrum
07-12-2005, 02:56 PM
But Oakland was in town and by your previous answer to me that would mean that Oakland announcers would be a topic of discussion.

I haven't known you to respond in this fashion in the past so I will just take it as sensitivity to MJH and Bernstein abusing a personal friend.

Tampa Bay was in town before Oakland. Dave was in town with Tampa Bay. He did an interview before the rain-delayed Monday game with Bryan Dolgin. I believe he did an interview Tuesday with Silvy and Carm.

I didn't hear the comments MJ&H made, but I believe they came after they replayed the S&C interview, based on what I've been able to piece together.

That's why they commented on Dave rather than the Oakland broadcasters, none of whom, AFAIK, have any previous connection with WMVP or the White Sox.

I would also point out that this is the second peronal friend they have seen fit to knock in two weeks, so, yup, I've damned sensitive about them right now. Especially when there is apparently not a word of truth into anything they said about either of them.

And I apologize for taking it out on you.