PDA

View Full Version : Zach Day to white sox??

JermaineDye05
07-09-2005, 12:33 PM
well i just read into that preston wilson trade with the nats, theres a possiblity the sox may send prospects to the rockies in return for Zach Day if the deal goes down

JermaineDye05
07-09-2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/08/AR2005070802156.html

sorry forgot this, I dont quite understand this deal

ndgt10
07-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Zach Day? Where can I buy the world series tickets?

patbooyah
07-09-2005, 12:40 PM
spin what?!

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Joe Borchard might be involved in this deal. He could put up great Power numbers at Coors.

Madvora
07-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Here's a couple of blurbs from his player page on cbssportsline.com
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/212015

RHP Zach Day started a rehab assignment with Double-A Harrisburg on Saturday. He allowed one run and three hits in three innings. Day is on the 15-day DL with a broken right forearm.
(Updated 07/04/2005).

He should be ready to go after the All-Star break, but he will pitch in middle relief, limiting his value to the deepest of NL-only leagues at that point.
(Updated 07/04/2005).

So maybe they want him as a reliever?

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Here's a couple of blurbs from his player page on cbssportsline.com
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/212015

RHP Zach Day started a rehab assignment with Double-A Harrisburg on Saturday. He allowed one run and three hits in three innings. Day is on the 15-day DL with a broken right forearm.
(Updated 07/04/2005).

He should be ready to go after the All-Star break, but he will pitch in middle relief, limiting his value to the deepest of NL-only leagues at that point.
(Updated 07/04/2005).

So maybe they want him as a reliever?he might be involved in a trade for Schmidt. My guess is they keep him for a few weeks and if he pitches well than they just use him. If he is mediocre than they trade him as part of a deal for a top starter.

doublem23
07-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Joe Borchard might be involved in this deal. He could put up great Power numbers at Coors.

You still need to actually hit the ball to get a homer.

P.S.... Zach Day? Bleh

BeviBall!
07-09-2005, 03:59 PM
So maybe they want him as a reliever?

Exactly. Here's the Kirk McCaskill we've been missing. Day is an exceptional talent that is a bit of a headcase. There is no denying his potential though. He's pitched very well with that franchise.

RallyBowl
07-09-2005, 04:05 PM
WHO?

go_pods_go
07-09-2005, 04:21 PM
This is my first post, anyway I don't think we will do this trade. I don't like this trade at all.

BNLSox
07-09-2005, 09:38 PM
This is my first post, anyway I don't think we will do this trade. I don't like this trade at all.

:welcome:

SOXfnNlansing
07-09-2005, 11:33 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400180 Zach Day is on the DL and he sucks

SoxSpeed22
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400180 Zach Day is on the DL and he sucksIf anything they'll peddle Day for someone more worth a ****. Oswalt.

MIgrenade
07-10-2005, 10:44 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400180 Zach Day is on the DL and he sucks

As stated in another thread, if you look at his career numbers, this is really his only bad season. If the Sox get involved, they would be moving for somebody else. You don't get young guys for a playoff run.

White Sox Josh
07-10-2005, 10:47 AM
As stated in another thread, if you look at his career numbers, this is really his only bad season. If the Sox get involved, they would be moving for somebody else. You don't get young guys for a playoff run.this maybe one of those little trades that Kenny makes like the Marte Move that ends working out very well.

gr8mexico
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
I think Day is a good pitcher.Look at his numbers the past couple of years.Other teams would like to have a pitcher like this.I don't think the Sox would make this trade to keep Day he would get packaged to another team looking for a major league ready pitcher.the Nats and Sox would send some prospects to the Rockies the Sox get Day and the Nats get Wilson.Then the Sox send Day,Vizcaino & minor league prospect Chris Young (OF) for S.F pitcher Jason Schmidt. :bandance:

gosox41
07-10-2005, 02:34 PM
well i just read into that preston wilson trade with the nats, theres a possiblity the sox may send prospects to the rockies in return for Zach Day if the deal goes down

I don't know much about Day, but doesn't he suck? Also, isn't he injury prone?

Bob

07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
This trade will only be made on the Sox end once we get conf from SF that we can get Schimdt back in return

Flight #24
07-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I think Day is a good pitcher.Look at his numbers the past couple of years.Other teams would like to have a pitcher like this.I don't think the Sox would make this trade to keep Day he would get packaged to another team looking for a major league ready pitcher.the Nats and Sox would send some prospects to the Rockies the Sox get Day and the Nats get Wilson.Then the Sox send Day,Vizcaino & minor league prospect Chris Young (OF) for S.F pitcher Jason Schmidt. :bandance:

Get Schmidt without giving up any significant contributors or anyone named McCarthy, Gio, Anderson, Sweeney?

Sign me up, but I think you've been doing a little too much :smokin:

Optipessimism
07-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Then the Sox send Day,Vizcaino & minor league prospect Chris Young (OF) for S.F pitcher Jason Schmidt. :bandance:

Just one question...

How long after a prospect in our system gets some publicity do we start including him in trade threads? A day? Two days?

I doubt we would get a guy like Schmidt without giving up at least one of our top 2-3 prospects. From what I've read, Young isn't there yet.

MIgrenade
07-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Just one question...

How long after a prospect in our system gets some publicity do we start including him in trade threads? A day? Two days?

I doubt we would get a guy like Schmidt without giving up at least one of our top 2-3 prospects. From what I've read, Young isn't there yet.

My answer is less than one day.
My question is why should the Sox get an often injured pitcher who has been stuggling against the National league? I have some news. That ERA will go up in the AL.
If you want a pitcher get Clemens. I'm wary of betting the farm on anyone but that what prospects are for. The Sox have as good a chance as any at getting him with their record.