PDA

View Full Version : *Official* We'll Get Them Tomorrow Post-Game Thread

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Oh well.

Go get them tomorrow SOX!

Cowhead418
Oakland can go to hell. That is all I have to say.

LuvSox
If you made Willie Harris your PTC, some of us would like to speak to you outside.

Rocklive99
07-08-2005, 10:08 PM
don't everyone blast Ozzie all at once...

PAPChiSox729
I must say, from what I have seen of Houston Street, he looks like he will be an absolute stud.

Stroker Ace
Oh well. We'll get em' tomorrow. Got a good laugh out of a fan's view of Kotsay during the CSN broadcast.:D:

SOXfnNlansing
we know now who will be bumped off the roster when Gload comes back ... bye bye willie:angry:

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
don't everyone blast Ozzie all at once...

In fact, don't do it at all.

buehrle4cy05
:chickenlittleWe're only 9.5 games up! And only 30 over .500! Trade Konerko! Trade Crede! Bench Vizcaino!

32nd&Wallace
Anybody remember the movie As Good As It Gets? Do you know the scene when Jack Nicholson's character freaks out in the restaurant when he has a new waitress becuase the other waitress played by Helen Hunt that he regularly has is so good and reliable and the new waitress is just really inferior

I thinK I know how he feels when i see Willie Harris in the line-up instead of Iguchi:angry:

ATXBMX
Willie Harris was useless tonight. He owes us some push-ups. :angry:

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:10 PM
:chickenlittleWe're only 9.5 games up! And only 30 over .500! Trade Konerko! Trade Crede! Bench Vizcaino!

10 games up. And it is way to early for that tag, even for this thread.

PeteWard
Well, there goes our sweep. Still hope to hold the 10 game lead for the break and think we will win the next two.

JB98
I point directly at the first and third innings of this game. We had Scotty on second with no outs in both of those innings. Willie failed to get him over on both occasions. Neither Carl nor PK nor AJ were able to pick him up. We lost the game right there. Podsednik did his job. The guys hitting second through fifth did not.

Get the A team back in there tomorrow, and let's beat Zito.

veeter
This empty feeling has been rare this year. Pods did his job tonite but didn't have the ever reliable Iguchi to move him over or drive him in. I think this illustrated how valuable he is to Scotty's success and the team's. The A line-up will be in there tomorrow, at least they better be!

gobears1987
07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Willie ****ing blows!!! Why isn't Gooch in there everyday? When you don't use Gooch, then use Pablo, NOT Willie. WIllie Harris is just like the fictional Willie Mays Hayes, except he can't steal. Willie can't hit and when he tries to steal a base, he steals as if his shoelaces are untied.

Stroker Ace
07-08-2005, 10:14 PM
We gotta get rid of Willie Harris. We need to send him down and bring up Gload NOW!:angry:

DarkCloudDropo
I'd blast ozzie if it weren't for all the ridicule it would draw.

White Sox Josh
Anybody remember the movie As Good As It Gets? Do you know the scene when Jack Nicholson's character freaks out in the restaurant when he has a new waitress becuase the other waitress played by Helen Hunt that he regularly has is so good and reliable and the new waitress is just really inferior

I thinK I know how he feels when i see Willie Harris in the line-up instead of Iguchi:angry:Oh yeah I love that movie. I'm not gonna say my favorite scene though because it is inappropriate.

EdHerman12
The "Swinging A's"....folks, watch this team when they bat....they just reach out and stroke the ball like a team should.....they've been a pain in the posterior going back to September of 1967.......yep :burly <------he'll do better than last week in the House of Horrors.

:gulp: <-------I'm just gettin started! GO SOX!

ATXBMX
So who is cut when Gload is ready?

Official Score

Timo: 3
Willie: -3

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 10:15 PM
We gotta get rid of Willie Harris. We need to send him down and bring up Gload NOW!:angry:agreed he is worthless. This will give you some comic relief though. Harris Thinks he is good enough to be a full time player. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050708&content_id=1121239&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

The Racehorse
07-08-2005, 10:15 PM
If you made Willie Harris your PTC, some of us would like to speak to you outside.

I had Willie as my back up, so I fall outside the scope of your wrath. :redneck

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
In fact, don't do it at all.

Why not? This was a **** lineup complete ****. I understand you have to keep people fresh, but this was the "I don't give a **** lineup".. Eventhough this loss don't hurt them, I just thought Ozzie might take Oakland a little more serious after the last 2 meetings.

Hopefully they can get the next 2 games from these jags.

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Dark Clouds:

By all means, please vent your 'frustration' with Ozzie. God forbid the AL Manager of The Year tries to shake up his line-up. You can't take one freakin' loss? We were lucky that this game stayed at 4-2, because this game could have easily been 8-2. Is that Ozzie's fault as well?

:?:

PeteWard
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
I point directly at the first and third innings of this game. We had Scotty had second with no outs in both of those innings. Willie failed to get him over on both occasions. Neither Carl nor PK nor AJ were able to pick him up. We lost the game right there. Podsednik did his job. The guys hitting second through fifth did not.

Boy, I hope PK snaps out of it tomorrow.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
The A's could very well be the only team in the league we lose the season series to.

10 games up still is great, but I question Ozzie's decision of allowing both Willie and Timo to be in there at the same time. I'm ok with one of them playing, but BOTH?

And I absolutely agree that Willie is the "odd man out" here, since Ozzie likes Timo, and Timo does more of what Ozzie wants him to do. We can always have Uribe play 2B in a pinch to give Tadahito the day off.

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Why not? This was a **** lineup complete ****. I understand you have to keep people fresh, but this was the "I don't give a **** lineup".. Eventhough this loss don't hurt them, I just thought Ozzie might take Oakland a little more serious after the last 2 meetings.

So what if it was a **** lineup? Would you be complaining if the Sox won tonight with that **** lineup?

PAPChiSox729
agreed he is worthless. This will give you some comic relief though. Harris Thinks he is good enough to be a full time player. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050708&content_id=1121239&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Well, he may be good enough to start. He has just been screwed over while he has been here. Yes, he has gotten his chances, and I think he showed some promise. Even before tonight's dismal performance, I always thought that giving Willie a change of scenery would be best for everyone.

DarkCloudDropo

I agree. And how do you think Jon might feel with that lineup behind him as he goes for his 14th? I know how I'd feel.

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Dark Clouds:

By all means, please vent your 'frustration' with Ozzie. God forbid the AL Manager of The Year tries to shake up his line-up. You can't take one freakin' loss? We were lucky that this game stayed at 4-2, because this game could have easily been 8-2. Is that Ozzie's fault as well?

Knock your **** off right now trying to call me a dark cloud. I can take a loss. I hate half ass lineups.

CHISOXFAN13
Dark Clouds:

What's the point of shaking up the lineup after an off day when the ASB is three days away.

It makes no sense whatsoever. You can defend him all you want, but you certainly can't argue the record when Frank's in the lineup.

LuvSox
I understand you have to keep people fresh

I don't buy it.

Off day yesterday, play three then off three more for AS break. Iguchi plenty fresh.

JB98
07-08-2005, 10:20 PM

Willie stunk, but it's a team game. Carl, PK and AJ could have knocked Scotty in with a hit. They didn't come through. I'm not going to apologize for Willie, but he isn't the only guilty party in this loss.

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:20 PM
So what if it was a **** lineup? Would you be complaining if the Sox won tonight with that **** lineup?

How could I if they won, but I was bitching when i heard about this lineup before the game.

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2005, 10:21 PM
This will be a first for the site, but Kevin Walker was certainly a bright spot tonight.

I'm searching for positives.

Frater Perdurabo
Congrats to Timo on getting three hits, and Pods with his two hits and a walk. Kudos to Uribe for his two hits, a run and an RBI and to Everett for his RBI.

:bandance:

A big Bronx Cheer to Ozzie not starting Frank and Iguchi, particularly after yesterday's day off.

:mad:

I don't know about anyone "going to hell," but I'd like to see the Sox trade "Old Faithful" Paul Konerko to the Astros, who play in the "Armpit of America." Konerko is mired in yet another horrific slump. He has to be about the worst "cleanup hitter" in the American League. Joe Crede - the #8 hitter - has a higher batting average than Konerko. Joe Crede for crying out loud. Joe Crede! Honestly, I think Ross Gload is a better option than Konerko as the starting first baseman right now.

Also, Willie Harris' only value to the Sox is as a pinch runner. Unless he is willing to learn how to bunt for hits, he should not go anywhere near the batters' box with a bat in his hands.

NSSoxFan
Knock your **** off right now trying to call me a dark cloud. I can take a loss. I hate half ass lineups.

Alright, I'll ask this question once again. Would you be complaining how you hate half ass lineups if we won tonight? If you can honestly tell me yes, then I digress.

halfpricemonday
Man, Oakland really gets under my skin. Thank goodness we've got Buehrle going tomorrow and a great chance to take 2 out of 3. Nothing would make me happier to absolutely shut down the A's tomorrow, especially considering the A's could have had a lot more than 4 runs tonight.

Oh well, I guess there won't be a 60 win team at the ASB. But I'd gladly take 59.

Hendu
07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Did Willie forget how to bunt? He definitely forgot how to hit too.

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Willie stunk, but it's a team game. Carl, PK and AJ could have knocked Scotty in with a hit. They didn't come through. I'm not going to apologize for Willie, but he isn't the only guilty party in this loss.

Iguchi and Frank make huge difference in moving Pods around the bases when he gets on and steals twice.

ATXBMX
07-08-2005, 10:23 PM
If Willie had done his job in the first inning, Podsednik would have been on third with one out, instead, he was on 2nd with one out. Everett hit the ball to right that moved Pods to 3rd with 2 out. If Willie had done his job, Everett would have gotten a run scoring sac fly.

SOXfnNlansing
We gotta get rid of Willie Harris. We need to send him down and bring up Gload NOW!:angry::gulp: good call

PeteWard
Weird request of the night: How many foul balls did Oak hit tonight?

The reason I ask is that Garland threw 111 pitches in 5 innings, while walking only one. Sure he gave up 8 hits but that still seems like a ton of pitches. Makes you wonder how much the fouling off got to him. Also makes you not want want to go see Oak play because that makes for a slow game.

ATXBMX
07-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Honestly, I think Ross Gload is a better option than Konerko as the starting first baseman right now.

I actually agree, he's good with the glove, a contact hitter. Sort of the Darin Erstad/JT Snow type first baseman.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Weird request of the night: How many foul balls did Oak hit tonight?

The reason I ask is that Garland threw 111 pitches in 5 innings, while walking only one. Sure he gave up 8 hits but that still seems like a ton of pitches. Makes you wonder how much the fouling off got to him. Also makes you not want want to go see Oak play because that makes for a slow game.29 Foul Balls while Garland was in there.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2005, 10:28 PM

I share your sentiment. I'm not a Dark Cloud either. I think the Sox are going deep this postseason.

However, if I'm right, the Sox success will be in spite of garbage players like "Old Faithful" Konerko and Harris. Yes, you read me right. GARBAGE.

Seriously, Konerko is terrible. All he ever does is hit some home runs to break the boredom of his epochal slumps.

In fact, I'll go so far to say that Konerko is an overpaid Joe Borchard with a diarrhea mouth..

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Alright, I'll ask this question once again. Would you be complaining how you hate half ass lineups if we won tonight? If you can honestly tell me yes, then I digress.

And I'll answer it once again. Without answering with a question you won't answer. No, I wouldn't .

Can you give me a good reason why Ozzie would do this unless this game didn't matter ? Actually , it doesn't matter. I highly doubt this will have any effect on weather we win the division or not. But you'll get no point accross to me when he puts a lineup out there vs a team that owned us this year for no reason.

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I share your sentiment. I'm not a Dark Cloud either. I think the Sox are going deep this postseason.

However, if I'm right, the Sox success will be in spite of garbage players like "Old Faithful" Konerko and Harris. Yes, you read me right. GARBAGE.

Seriously, Konerko is terrible. All he ever does is hit some home runs to break the boredom of his epochal slumps.

In fact, I'll go so far to say that Konerko is an overpaid Joe Borchard with a diarrhea mouth..

If Konerko didn't play great defense at first, I doubt he would be as popular a player with his slumps and the fact that he runs about as fast as I do.

Viva Medias B's
Oh, well. The game tonight is water under the bridge. I would have preferred not to see the B lineup, and can we just plain cut Willie Harris' sorry arse?

SOXfnNlansing
Willie stunk, but it's a team game. Carl, PK and AJ could have knocked Scotty in with a hit. They didn't come through. I'm not going to apologize for Willie, but he isn't the only guilty party in this loss. willie may not be the only one who stunk tonight, but he is going to be the 'scape goat' that gets sent away once Goad comes back after the All Star game. Timo is a veteran and he knew he had to produce tonight, and he did. willie on the other hand, tried to do too much knowing the weight of his spot start tonight. Only my opinion.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh, well. The game tonight is water under the bridge. I would have preferred not to see the B lineup, and can we just plain cut Willie Harris' sorry arse?I think Timo is more valuable than Willie.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2005, 10:32 PM
I actually agree, he's good with the glove, a contact hitter. Sort of the Darin Erstad/JT Snow type first baseman.

While that may be true, I highly doubt Ozzie will sit Konerko for a great deal of time due to his contract.

SOXfnNlansing
07-08-2005, 10:33 PM
:mad:

I don't know about anyone "going to hell," but I'd like to see the Sox trade "Old Faithful" Paul Konerko to the Astros, '. There is a tread with hundreds of stupid 'trade PK posts for you to go vent this on

Frater Perdurabo
If Konerko didn't play great defense at first, I doubt he would be as popular a player with his slumps and the fact that he runs about as fast as I do.

Is he really that great with the glove? Isn't Ross Gload a better defensive first baseman (and a better hitter for average) than "Old Faithful" Paulie?

Seriously, Konerko is a slower version of Rob Deer with less power and a bigger mouth.

RedPinStripes
Oh, well. The game tonight is water under the bridge. I would have preferred not to see the B lineup, and can we just plain cut Willie Harris' sorry arse?

I'm starting to cool off now knowing the way ozzie manages. He normally would have this lineup out there Sunday. Seems like he did it backward this time. Should be good lineups Saturday and Sunday.

LuvSox
Sox success will be in spite of garbage players like "Old Faithful" Konerko and Harris. Yes, you read me right. GARBAGE.

I'm glad you said that. Makes one think.

JB98
07-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Iguchi and Frank make huge difference in moving Pods around the bases when he gets on and steals twice.

No question about that, but Carl, PK and AJ are very capable of driving in runs as well. They didn't do the job tonight. Willie wears the biggest goat horns, no question. All I'm saying is, we have a few veteran hitters who aren't getting it done and need to pick it up.

<Looks directly at PK and AJ>

PeteWard
07-08-2005, 10:34 PM
While that may be true, I highly doubt Ozzie will sit Konerko for a great deal of time due to his contract.

I think PK will have a very good second half --just a hunch, I guess--and we need his power

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm starting to cool off now knowing the way ozzie manages. He normally would have this lineup out there Sunday. Seems like he did it backward this time. Should be good lineups Saturday and Sunday.

I share your pain. I don't mind these lineups normally, but with a boatload of days off on the horizon, it stings more.

SOXfnNlansing
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I think Timo is more valuable than Willie. I can't believe WSJ and I agree on something, but we do :bandance:

JB98
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM

Here comes the hyperbole.

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Is he really that great with the glove? Isn't Ross Gload a better defensive first baseman (and a better hitter for average) than "Old Faithful" Paulie?

Seriously, Konerko is a slower version of Rob Deer with less power and a bigger mouth.

I highly doubt he'll be here next year. I can't see the Sox paying him 8-10 mill for the type of team they want .

I liked seeing a 6-5 1b the other day in Dye when he jumped and caught a ball Pauly wouldn't have a chance for. I do think he's over paid. If we're going to have a power hitting slow guy next year to depend on, I want to make sure it's Frank.

LuvSox
07-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I think Timo is more valuable than Willie.

Hell, I'm more valuable. I'm good PR for the team. I wear the clothes and hats. I spread the word.

Most people want to run Willie out of town.

White Sox Josh
I can't believe WSJ and I agree on something, but we do :bandance:Timo does the little things to help you win. Clutch hits, a very good arm, and deceptively slow.(which can do good things like that game last year against the Cubs) He will be on the team because he is a smart veteran who can play his role perfectly. Harris will be sent down or traded. Oh yeah and lansing, you aren't from lansing Michigan right? Because if you are than We might have issues. Go Blue!:D: Just looked at your profile never mind. Your good enough.:cool:

slobes
we know now who will be bumped off the roster when Gload comes back ... bye bye willie:angry:

I'm thinking that could be true; Ozuna could probably fill in at 2nd behind Iguchi

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:39 PM
I think PK will have a very good second half --just a hunch, I guess--and we need his power

I used to like PK. Notice the keyword: used. I've defended Paul for a long time but this past month has changed my mind. It is obvious more than ever that, not only is his contract on his mind, but he doesn't know the meaning of anything other than a home run. It's time for him to get his head out of his ass and play some damn baseball.

ATXBMX
07-08-2005, 10:39 PM
I highly doubt he'll be here next year. I can't see the Sox paying him 8-10 mill for the type of team they want .

I liked seeing a 6-5 1b the other day in Dye when he jumped and caught a ball Pauly wouldn't have a chance for. I do think he's over paid. If we're going to have a power hitting slow guy next year to depend on, I want to make sure it's Frank.

Yeah, Frank over Paul any day, especially since Konerko doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Timo does the little things to help you win. Clutch hits, a very good arm, and deceptively fast. He will be on the team because he is a smart veteran who can play his role perfectly. He will be sent down or traded. Oh yeah and lansing, you aren't from lansing Michigan right? Because if you are than We might have issues. Go Blue!:D: Just looked at your profile never mind. Your good enough.:cool:

Timo, smart? Wow, those are two words I didn't think I'd ever see side by side.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2005, 10:40 PM
There is a tread with hundreds of stupid 'trade PK posts for you to go vent this on

Seriously, tell me what Konerko has done lately to deserve the unending praise he gets from the FOGIDPK aPaulogists?

Make the All-Star team? It's been widely acknowledged that first base is an extremely weak position in the AL this year. Paulie's the second-tallest midget. Jermaine Dye has as many homers as Konerko, with an average that's 30 points higher. Pretend Konerko was fast enough to be a right fielder and Dye was the first baseman for the Sox. Dye would be going to Detroit on Monday and Konerko would have three days off. So why does Konerko deserve so much praise? His average is 1 point lower that Joe Crede, for crying out loud.

RedPinStripes
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah, Frank over Paul any day, especially since Konerko doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

I just tune Pauly out now. Not much surprises me when he speaks. :D:

PeteWard
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM

What has he said lately (besides knocking Uribe's deke of Derek Lee) ?

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Timo does the little things to help you win. Clutch hits, a very good arm, and deceptively fast. He will be on the team because he is a smart veteran who can play his role perfectly. He will be sent down or traded. Oh yeah and lansing, you aren't from lansing Michigan right? Because if you are than We might have issues. Go Blue!:D: Just looked at your profile never mind. Your good enough.:cool:

I agree that Timo does do the little things offensively; however, if he doesn't stop with his defensive antics of making a routine play look so difficult, I swear Rush Presbyterian Hospital will be chalking it up to my United Health Care account!

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I agree that Timo does do the little things offensively; however, if he doesn't stop with his defensive antics of making a routine play look so difficult, I swear Rush Presbyterian Hospital will be chalking it up to my United Health Care account!yeah i sometimes get really nervous when a ball is hit to him.

Lip Man 1
07-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Just can't beat these clowns...good thing we won't be seeing them in the post season.

Come on Mark, shut these dopes down tomorrow!

Lip

ATXBMX
07-08-2005, 10:47 PM
What has he said lately (besides knocking Uribe's deke of Derek Lee) ?

"I think there's a lot of Yankee fans and also a lot of people who hate the Yankees. It could be not there's a lot of Podsednik fans, but there are a lot of people who hate Derek Jeter and the Yankees in general."

He also has a love affair with Royce Clayton, I seem to remember him saying something to the effect of: "I've never seen anyone as good as him defensively."

JB98
07-08-2005, 10:48 PM
The bottom line is we have several hitters who need to pick it up. PK, AJ and A-Row have looked bad at the plate lately. Nice to see Uribe play well today, because he's another who hasn't swung the bat up to his capabilities. Hopefully, Juan will get in a groove.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2005, 10:55 PM
The bottom line is we have several hitters who need to pick it up. PK, AJ and A-Row have looked bad at the plate lately.

You are exactly right. "Old Faithful" Paulie isn't the only one struggling for hits. AJ (the catcher) and Rowand (the center fielder) also are not performing well.

Yet Paulie is the cleanup hitter.

He's also the first baseman (where teams stick their best hitter who can't play the field anywhere else).

He's also making $8.5 million this year.

He's also in his contract year.

He's also "recognized" as a team leader.

He's also an "All Star."

This cleanup hitter, first baseman, making $8.5 million in the last year of his contract, team leader, All Star, has a lower batting average than favorite whipping boy Joe Crede, who most people acknowledge is only kept in the lineup because of his excellent defense.

So why is Konerko being kept in the lineup? His diarrhea mouth?

SOXfnNlansing
07-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking that could be true; Ozuna could probably fill in at 2nd behind Iguchi I've been reading how great an infielder Dye is, he can play 2nd behind Gooch

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
I've been reading how great an infielder Dye is, he can play 2nd behind Goochno he is the backup SS when Uribe goes down.

Nard
07-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Who's more annoying:

the actual Dark Clouds, or

the people who preempt the Dark Clouds by sarcastically mocking them, even dropping the "SKY IS FALLING" image macro, not even one full page into the postgame thread?

I honestly can't decide.

JB98
07-08-2005, 11:05 PM
You are exactly right. "Old Faithful" Paulie isn't the only one struggling for hits. AJ (the catcher) and Rowand (the center fielder) also are not performing well.

Yet Paulie is the cleanup hitter.

He's also the first baseman (where teams stick their best hitter who can't play the field anywhere else).

He's also making $8.5 million this year.

He's also in his contract year.

He's also "recognized" as a team leader.

He's also an "All Star."

This cleanup hitter, first baseman, making $8.5 million in the last year of his contract, team leader, All Star, has a lower batting average than favorite whipping boy Joe Crede, who most people acknowledge is only kept in the lineup because of his excellent defense.

So why is Konerko being kept in the lineup? His diarrhea mouth?

The difference between me and you is I stick by these players when they struggle. I don't give a damn about all these other factors you talk about. You want to know what I'd do? I'd put Rowand third, hit Frank cleanup, put JD fifth and drop Paulie to sixth and AJ to seventh. AJ's contributions defensively are appreciated and duly noted, but he was batting fifth tonight. Is that not an RBI position in the order? If he's going to bat fifth, then he needs to produce some runs. Ditto for Rowand, who has been batting fifth quite a bit lately. Thank God for Jermaine Dye. He's been very productive the last six weeks, and he's covering up the fact that all the hitters around him are struggling.

LuvSox
07-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Who's more annoying:

the people who preempt the Dark Clouds by sarcastically mocking them, even dropping the "SKY IS FALLING" image macro, not even one full page into the postgame thread?

I honestly can't decide.

That's a good point. Some people look forward to a negative post so they can point the Dark Cloud Finger in their direction.

SoxSpeed22
07-08-2005, 11:08 PM
For me, this loss was nothin that a bunch of those "Walker: Texas Ranger" clips didn't cure. I wonder if someone's sig is gonna be a countdown for when Willie gets sent down.

PeteWard
07-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Who's more annoying:

I honestly can't decide.

Both are bad but the latter seems worse lately . You can't question one thing about the Sox--even while staying upbeat, positive, pro-Ozzie, etc.-- without that insipid label being pasted on you. Sometimes it's like a cult here.

BeviBall!
07-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I point directly at the first and third innings of this game. We had Scotty on second with no outs in both of those innings. Willie failed to get him over on both occasions. Neither Carl nor PK nor AJ were able to pick him up. We lost the game right there. Podsednik did his job. The guys hitting second through fifth did not.

Willie was an absolute farce out there. His first AB swining away at a 3-1 like that...and then not protecting the plate in the 5th. Awful. He goes back to the dugout both times and calmly puts his helmet away nice and neat. Not one lick of emotion.

And of course, there's the tortoise PK.

As bad as that game was on so many levels... we were one swing away from tying it. That's pretty remarkable.

BeviBall!
07-08-2005, 11:20 PM
That's a good point. Some people look forward to a negative post so they can point the Dark Cloud Finger in their direction.

It's a heavy cross to carry and burden to bear.

FarWestChicago
07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Both are bad but the latter seems worse lately . You can't question one thing about the Sox--even while staying upbeat, positive, pro-Ozzie, etc.-- without that insipid label being pasted on you. Sometimes it's like a cult here.Let's see, this forum has been a depressoid ****hole for 4 years. I own the ****ing thing and wouldn't even read it for the last two years. So the Sox go on a tear and the normal people try to take the place back. You know what I think, Pete Ward? Take a goddamned hike if you don't like a place where Sox fans can actually enjoy the Sox instead of only ripping on them. Start your own board and knock yourself out. I just checked and darkclouds.com and darkclouds.net are already taken. But, darkclouds.us is available. I'll even cut you a deal on the hosting and set your board up for you.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2005, 11:22 PM
The difference between me and you is I stick by these players when they struggle. I don't give a damn about all these other factors you talk about. You want to know what I'd do? I'd put Rowand third, hit Frank cleanup, put JD fifth and drop Paulie to sixth and AJ to seventh. AJ's contributions defensively are appreciated and duly noted, but he was batting fifth tonight. Is that not an RBI position in the order? If he's going to bat fifth, then he needs to produce some runs. Ditto for Rowand, who has been batting fifth quite a bit lately. Thank God for Jermaine Dye. He's been very productive the last six weeks, and he's covering up the fact that all the hitters around him are struggling.

Given the players the Sox have on the roster right now, I'm inclined to agree with your lineup suggestions.

AJ can't help that Ozzie batted him fifth tonight, but I agree that I'd like to see him hit for average like he did up in Minnesota. But by the same standards, Paulie should hit for a higher average than Joe Crede if he's going to be the first baseman and cleanup hitter.

As a Sox fan, I desperately want Paulie to succeed. But after the number of seasons he's disappointed me as a Sox fan (the first half of 2002 and most of 2004 being the notable exceptions), I've simply grown weary of his act.

When he does have a good game, or wins the WSI PTC contest, I generally go out of my way to praise him. So when he sucks, I'm going to criticize him. Do you really think I really like to criticize him? I'd much rather praise good performances!

When Schueler traded Mike Cameron for him, he was billed as a guy who could play a decent third base, a position of need after Ventura departed. After it was clear he really couldn't play third (except in emergencies), Manuel decided to displace the greatest hitter in White Sox history, Frank, to accommodate Paulie. Since then, he's been an average first baseman at best with some decent streaks but a whole lot of terrible slumps. He's also a media whore with a bad case of diarrhea mouth. I'm sick and tired of it.

The bottom line is that the Sox $8.5 million cleanup hitter and first baseman is hitting for a lower batting average than #8 hitter Joe Crede, who's really only in the lineup because of his third base defense!

ShoelessJoeS
07-08-2005, 11:23 PM
i just got home from work and missed the game, looks like i didnt miss much...nonetheless, why is everyone dogging on willie, what kind of bonehead moves did he make today?

FarWestChicago
07-08-2005, 11:23 PM
That's a good point. Some people look forward to a negative post so they can point the Dark Cloud Finger in their direction.:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: Mommy, the normal people are picking on the depressed!!

SOX ADDICT '73
07-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Ugh. This postgame thread belongs in the ****House. Honestly, if you people can't stomach one friggin' loss, to a team that obviously matches up well against the Sox, and has been on fire lately, you aren't going to enjoy this season very much. This is what the rest of 2005 has in store for you:

-The Sox have lost exactly 27 times, and they are probably going to lose around 30 more, which means your suffering isn't even half over.

-They will lose, probably more than once, to *gasp* the Royals. Take a moment and imagine the Dark Cloud monsoon on the day that happens.

-They will go through stretches where they lose 4 in a row, or 5 of 7, or 7 of 10 (which, BTW, they have yet to do).

-Players will go through slumps, make mistakes, errors, bad pitches, and fail to come through in the clutch.

-Dustin Hermanson will blow another save.

-Frank will go a week without hitting a home run.

-Paul Konerko will put his foot in his mouth again and again.

-And, perhaps the hardest of all to accept, the divisional lead will dip to single digits from time to time. Somebody talk me down from the ledge!

Now, if this list causes you to burst into tears, pull out your hair, throw up, or scream in horror, perhaps you should limit your baseball devotion to your favorite video games. I hear you can set things up so that none of the above ever has to happen.

Otherwise, you are welcome to join me and many others on these boards in celebrating one of the greatest seasons in White Sox history!

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Let's see, this forum has been a depressoid ****hole for 4 years. I own the ****ing thing and wouldn't even read it for the last two years. So the Sox go on a tear and the normal people try to take the place back. You know what I think, Pete Ward? Take a goddamned hike if you don't like a place where Sox fans can actually enjoy the Sox instead of only ripping on them. Start your own board and knock yourself out. I just checked and darkclouds.com and darkclouds.net are already taken. But, darkclouds.us is available. I'll even cut you a deal on the hosting and set your board up for you.

I only read these threads to see what you have to say, West. Win or lose you say what I'm thinking.

JB98
07-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Given the players the Sox have on the roster right now, I'm inclined to agree with your lineup suggestions.

AJ can't help that Ozzie batted him fifth tonight, but I agree that I'd like to see him hit for average like he did up in Minnesota. But by the same standards, Paulie should hit for a higher average than Joe Crede if he's going to be the first baseman and cleanup hitter.

As a Sox fan, I desperately want Paulie to succeed. But after the number of seasons he's disappointed me as a Sox fan (the first half of 2002 and most of 2004 being the notable exceptions), I've simply grown weary of his act.

When he does have a good game, or wins the WSI PTC contest, I generally go out of my way to praise him. So when he sucks, I'm going to criticize him. Do you really think I really like to criticize him? I'd much rather praise good performances!

When Schueler traded Mike Cameron for him, he was billed as a guy who could play a decent third base, a position of need after Ventura departed. After it was clear he really couldn't play third (except in emergencies), Manuel decided to displace the greatest hitter in White Sox history, Frank, to accommodate Paulie. Since then, he's been an average first baseman at best with some decent streaks but a whole lot of terrible slumps. He's also a media whore with a bad case of diarrhea mouth. I'm sick and tired of it.

The bottom line is that the Sox $8.5 million cleanup hitter and first baseman is hitting for a lower batting average than #8 hitter Joe Crede, who's really only in the lineup because of his third base defense!

Look, I'm criticizing Paulie in this thread too. He's not getting it done. Personally, I just don't care about the money he's making, what he says in the papers, or the history behind his acquisition. It's water under the bridge. I only care about him getting his swing back and producing up to his capabilities. You and I both know what he can do. Can you imagine how good we would be if he and Aaron get it going? We get those two to add to what Frank and JD are doing, and we'll be unstoppable.

Forgive me, but I get upset when I hear people comparing Konerko to Borchard and Rob Deer. You know damn well that isn't an accurate comparison. Somehow, we need to get the 2004 Paulie back. And also, we need to get the 2004 A-Row back. Where is the .300-hitting (with power) CF we had a year ago? We need those two if we're going to be champions. That simple.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Look, I'm criticizing Paulie in this thread too. He's not getting it done. Personally, I just don't care about the money he's making, what he says in the papers, or the history behind his acquisition. It's water under the bridge. I only care about him getting his swing back and producing up to his capabilities. You and I both know what he can do. Can you imagine how good we would be if he and Aaron get it going? We get those two to add to what Frank and JD are doing, and we'll be unstoppable.

Forgive me, but I get upset when I hear people comparing Konerko to Borchard and Rob Deer. You know damn well that isn't an accurate comparison. Somehow, we need to get the 2004 Paulie back. And also, we need to get the 2004 A-Row back. Where is the .300-hitting (with power) CF we had a year ago? We need those two if we're going to be champions. That simple.he is usually a guy who goes berserk in the 2nd half.

BeviBall!
07-08-2005, 11:51 PM
And I'll answer it once again. Without answering with a question you won't answer. No, I wouldn't .

Can you give me a good reason why Ozzie would do this unless this game didn't matter ? Actually , it doesn't matter. I highly doubt this will have any effect on weather we win the division or not. But you'll get no point accross to me when he puts a lineup out there vs a team that owned us this year for no reason.

I think this was Ozzie's way of saying thank you to Timo when he gets released at the break. Sure would haven been nice to have Gload's bat in the 9th as Joe continues to lack patience.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I think this was Ozzie's way of saying thank you to Timo when he gets released at the break. Sure would haven been nice to have Gload's bat in the 9th as Joe continues to lack patience.um Timo i think will be staying. Willie Harris is pretty much worthless to them at this point. Plus he still has options left.

lostletters
07-08-2005, 11:54 PM
PK is not up to the level he should be. He is stuck between his bad year and his good years.

Rowand will come around very quickly and go on some type of tear.

With the weird lineup today, I think it was a bit of a test for Willie and Timo. I really do not think Willie is happy with the White Sox or himself right now. He wants a fresh start, and I know he will be part of any trade deal. He knows Vlad the Bad's brother just got aquired by the Knights recently and will probably replace him on the roster as the backup second baseman. Ozzie gave him his last chance to shine on the Sox tonight and he blew it. He is probably the only player who feels let down on the Sox.

Timo...well who knows what will happen to Timo. I think he will be gone as well soon as a result of Gload coming back. Unlike Willie, Timo KNOWS he is a bench player.

I think Ozzie was playing with his cushion today for very specific reasons. I think the White Sox and Kenny Williams are on the cusp of trading for Burnett. What the Marlins want for Burnett the Sox can actually offer without a problem (Prospects and a Reliever). The second tier reliever we dump can be replaced by El Duque or Contreas in the bullpen if we get Burnett.

It was a loss today, and losses suck. But I think todays loss, was a loss with a purpose. While I agree with putting the best lineup out there. I think Ozzie put the lineup he did today because KW has to make some tough decisions.

I DON'T think Gload is going to replace Crede in the lineup. He is there for a lefthanded backup bat. Crede does have a lack of patience, and is tough to watch, but he is not that bad for a number 8/9 guy and is a great fielder. Willie and Timo are not going to be around much longer though.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 11:56 PM
PK is not up to the level he should be. He is stuck between his bad year and his good years.

Rowand will come around very quickly and go on some type of tear.

With the weird lineup today, I think it was a bit of a test for Willie and Timo. I really do not think Willie is happy with the White Sox or himself right now. He wants a fresh start, and I know he will be part of any trade deal. He knows Vlad the Bad's brother just got aquired by the Knights recently and will probably replace him on the roster as the backup second baseman. Ozzie gave him his last chance to shine on the Sox tonight and he blew it. He is probably the only player who feels let down on the Sox.

Timo...well who knows what will happen to Timo. I think he will be gone as well soon as a result of Gload coming back. Unlike Willie, Timo KNOWS he is a bench player.

I think Ozzie was playing with his cushion today for very specific reasons. I think the White Sox and Kenny Williams are on the cusp of trading for Burnett. What the Marlins want for Burnett the Sox can actually offer without a problem (Prospects and a Reliever). The second tier reliever we dump can be replaced by El Duque or Contreas in the bullpen if we get Burnett.

It was a loss today, and losses suck. But I think todays loss, was a loss with a purpose. While I agree with putting the best lineup out there. I think Ozzie put the lineup he did today because KW has to make some tough decisions.the same guy who used cork in his bat? Wasn't that Guieteirez who signed with them.

TaylorStSox
07-08-2005, 11:56 PM
WSI is great after losses.

I've heard Konerko called a great defensive player and Timo called "smart and fast" all in one thread.

Do you guys actually watch the games?

PK's like a statue at first. His range makes Ray Durham look like Willie Mays.

Timo's so slow even DJ makes fun of him. DJ does his best to never rip on anybody.

Viva Medias B's
07-08-2005, 11:57 PM
WSI is great after losses.

Yes. Just like Buffone and O'Bradovich after Bears losses. Now that I think of it, perhaps Uncle Fuzzy and OB ought to be the Sox postgame hosts when we move to WSCR next season.

BeviBall!
07-09-2005, 12:00 AM
um Timo i think will be staying. Willie Harris is pretty much worthless to them at this point. Plus he still has options left.

After tonight, I hope you're right. Uribe can cover second. I also pray that Ozzie trusts Gooch enough to start him as much as he starts PK.

To have Rowand, Gooch and Frank out of the linuep is just too much.

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
After tonight, I hope you're right. Uribe can cover second. I also pray that Ozzie trusts Gooch enough to start him as much as he starts PK.

To have Rowand, Gooch and Frank out of the linuep is just too much.and Pablo is the Man. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

BeviBall!
07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
and Pablo is the Man. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

The latter day Paco Martin? Love him!

TaylorStSox
07-09-2005, 12:06 AM
If we let Willie go, we have 1 back up IF and no prospects who can step up now. Not one.

Joe and Uribe have bad backs. Crede was wincing after he ran out that ball in his second AB.

BeviBall!
07-09-2005, 12:07 AM
It was a loss today, and losses suck. But I think todays loss, was a loss with a purpose. While I agree with putting the best lineup out there. I think Ozzie put the lineup he did today because KW has to make some tough decisions.

I think you're dead on.

BeviBall!
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
If we let Willie go, we have 1 back up IF and no prospects who can step up now. Not one.

Joe and Uribe have bad backs. Crede was wincing after he ran out that ball in his second AB.

Vizquel? Kelly Dransfeldt?

Seriously, I think any deal Kenny makes will include a middle IF. Can you get much worse than Harris? The only positive is his speed off the bench.

TaylorStSox
07-09-2005, 12:15 AM
In all fairness to Willie, he really only failed in the first AB. The second AB was a blown call.

He needs to be let go for his own good. He's not having fun. He'll catch on somewhere and be a starter. His D/speed are good enough to get him a shot. He's a career .300 hitter in the minors. He actually sees the ball better than alot of our other hitters. He isn't doing anything with it because he doesn't really believe in himself right now.

TaylorStSox
07-09-2005, 12:19 AM
I do have to admit I'm a little biased towards Harris. I was one of the few that were happy to see WTP go. I thought he'd step in and be a good 2nd baseman. Lord knows, WTP was hard to watch at times.

lostletters
07-09-2005, 12:20 AM
In all fairness to Willie, he really only failed in the first AB. The second AB was a blown call.

He needs to be let go for his own good. He's not having fun. He'll catch on somewhere and be a starter. His D/speed are good enough to get him a shot. He's a career .300 hitter in the minors. He actually sees the ball better than alot of our other hitters. He isn't doing anything with it because he doesn't really believe in himself right now.

I am not saying Willie is terrible. He clearly has potential. But I think he is not happy with the White Sox. It is a tough organization to be on for players like Willie. That is why I think he will be part of a trade package. I think he may want a chance in the National League.

DSpivack
07-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Gload comes back in a couple weeks. Who will stay, Willie or Timo?

Well, which one speaks English, Spanish, and Japanese?

SpringfldFan
07-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Ugh. This postgame thread belongs in the ****House. Honestly, if you people can't stomach one friggin' loss, to a team that obviously matches up well against the Sox, and has been on fire lately, you aren't going to enjoy this season very much. This is what the rest of 2005 has in store for you:

-The Sox have lost exactly 27 times, and they are probably going to lose around 30 more, which means your suffering isn't even half over.

-They will lose, probably more than once, to *gasp* the Royals. Take a moment and imagine the Dark Cloud monsoon on the day that happens.

-They will go through stretches where they lose 4 in a row, or 5 of 7, or 7 of 10 (which, BTW, they have yet to do).

-Players will go through slumps, make mistakes, errors, bad pitches, and fail to come through in the clutch.

-And, perhaps the hardest of all to accept, the divisional lead will dip to single digits from time to time. Somebody talk me down from the ledge!

Now, if this list causes you to burst into tears, pull out your hair, throw up, or scream in horror, perhaps you should limit your baseball devotion to your favorite video games. I hear you can set things up so that none of the above ever has to happen.

Otherwise, you are welcome to join me and many others on these boards in celebrating one of the greatest seasons in White Sox history!

After Sox losses like tonight, in my mind I know the "sky is not falling", but somehow my heart doesn't get the message and I always end up feeling like crap. However, this post seems to have put me heart at ease too. Thanks Addict73 , this is one of the best post loss therapies I have read.
:therapy:

downstairs
07-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Rotten loss! I went out and sold my White Sox World Series tickets to some sucker...

Time to blow this team up again!

LuvSox
07-09-2005, 09:03 AM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: Mommy, the normal people are picking on the depressed!!

Alright, I'm lost. I'm not sure who is normal, the dark clouds or the people who call them out.

Hitmen77
07-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Sorry if this was already discussed in this thread, but why did they rest Iguchi AND Rowand AND Thomas when we had an off day Thursday and the All-Star break coming up? The Sox play 3 games in a 7-day period and 3 starters need a rest? :?:

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Oh well. We'll get em' tomorrow. Got a good laugh out of a fan's view of Kotsay during the CSN broadcast.:D:

That was the highlight of the game,IMO.:D: :D: :D:

Someone from ComCast should be aware that on the field mics
pick up everything.Including obscenities.:D: :D: :D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 09:54 AM
um Timo i think will be staying. Willie Harris is pretty much worthless to them at this point. Plus he still has options left.

Option #1: attempt to make contact with the ball!!:gulp: :gulp:

jhill36
07-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry but the lineup for Game 1 sucked. Willie Harris for Iguchi? I know Willie has to get his starts, but he is not a situational hitter. I hope Ozzie goes with a much stronger lineup tonight.

FielderJones
07-09-2005, 10:09 AM
You know what I think, Pete Ward? Take a goddamned hike if you don't like a place where Sox fans can actually enjoy the Sox instead of only ripping on them. Start your own board and knock yourself out. I just checked and darkclouds.com and darkclouds.net are already taken. But, darkclouds.us is available. I'll even cut you a deal on the hosting and set your board up for you.

:roflmao: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#):rolling: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

RallyBowl
07-09-2005, 10:11 AM

Otherwise, you are welcome to join me and many others on these boards in celebrating one of the greatest seasons in White Sox history!GREAT POST. YOU SIR, ARE THE VOICE OF REASON.

Jjav829
07-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Hahahahaha. Wow, talk about an overreaction. This thread sums in up. You know it's bad when Lip is the voice of reason. :o:

Seriously, Willie had one bad game. It happens. One bad game for him and one good game for Timo and suddenly Timo is great compared to Willie? GMAB.

I actually saw Paul Konerko compared to Joe Borchard and Rob Deer? I had to do a double-take on that one. :?:

I'm actually surprised Pierzynski isn't taking more heat though. Konerko has been crap recently and deserves a lot of blame, but so does Pierzynski. Pierzynski isn't hitting for average like he has done in the past, which is big because he doesn't walk either. The added power is nice but I'd rather have him get back to hitting near .300 with little power. And it's not like his defense is a saving grace.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I actually saw Paul Konerko compared to Joe Borchard and Rob Deer? I had to do a double-take on that one. :?:

Rob Deer could run.

:wink:

jabrch
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Rowand, Iguchi and Frank all sitting on the same day...Timo and Willie in the lineup?

Not a good combination.

I hope we see the A-Lineup back in tonight.

Jjav829
07-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Rob Deer could run.

LOL, yeah but I mean that's really exaggerating Konerko's suckiness. Obviously no one likes Konerko's current average, but Rob Deer probably would have killed to hit .240 consistently. And I have no idea what Deer would have done to hit .277 or better even once (much less 5 times), but I'm sure it wouldn't be good. :o:

fquaye149
07-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Who's more annoying:

I honestly can't decide.
I'll give you a hint: the dark clouds are more annoying.

That's like saying what's more annoying: foot fungus, or having to wash your feet in the shower in hopes you don't get foot fungus?

spiffie
07-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm actually surprised Pierzynski isn't taking more heat though. Konerko has been crap recently and deserves a lot of blame, but so does Pierzynski. Pierzynski isn't hitting for average like he has done in the past, which is big because he doesn't walk either. The added power is nice but I'd rather have him get back to hitting near .300 with little power. And it's not like his defense is a saving grace.
I think whether deserved or not people are giving credit to AJ for the starting pitching being so strong this year, especially the improvement in Garland. Which, if it really is at least somewhat due to him, means he can be forgiven damn near any errors at the plate.

As to everything else, I admit when they showed that lineup on the board before the game I just looked at it all :?: . I mean, I still think the Sox will win the division and Ozzie is the best manager in baseball, but I am curious as to what the underlying idea behind putting that lineup out at that time was, because usually even if it's one we disagree with someone can come on here and say "well it was for x, y, and z reasons." Here though I've heard nothing but "shaking things up" which seems like the exact opposite thing to do with a team playing the way we are. Only thing I can come up with is "well, the other lineups couldn't do jack against Oakland, let's try this one."

And I'm sorry, but I think it's time for Willie to move on. He seems miserable, he seems to be making US miserable, and no one is benefitting from him being here. I'd like to see KW pick up a slightly more dependable bat for backup work the rest of the year.

TheOldRoman
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't know about anyone "going to hell," but I'd like to see the Sox trade "Old Faithful" Paul Konerko to the Astros, who play in the "Armpit of America." .
Um, the Astors play in Ohio now?

patbooyah
07-09-2005, 11:39 AM
not trying to contribute to the willie vs. timo thing here, but how about timo's slide into second!? nice break-up of the double play.

alright, fine. i'll talk about willie vs. timo.

it seems to me like willie just needs some regular playing time to come to his full potential. he isn't getting that now and that is why his spot starts look so ugly. hawk made a good point when he said that willie hit for average in AAA, but when jerry the mad called him up he started forcing him to bunt and changed the way he played the game. willie should get some playing time in charlotte so that when we need him to pinch run in the world series he has had more practice timing his steals.

timo, on the other hand, has been around. he knows whats up and has done well coming in off the bench. i base that on the game he won in may, which is fine for me. :redneck

JB98
07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Hahahahaha. Wow, talk about an overreaction. This thread sums in up. You know it's bad when Lip is the voice of reason. :o:

Seriously, Willie had one bad game. It happens. One bad game for him and one good game for Timo and suddenly Timo is great compared to Willie? GMAB.

I think the home run against the Dodgers is still pretty fresh in people's minds, so they are overlooking AJ's struggles at the plate. It looks to me like Pierzynski is overswinging, trying to hit for more power. He seems to be trying to pull the ball more often than he did when he was with the Twins. As we've seen, he's at his best when he's driving the ball in the gaps, particularly left-center field.

I'm surprised people are saying Konerko is trying to hit home runs. I haven't seen Paulie take an aggressive hack in at least a week. It doesn't look like he's seeing the ball well at all. He's just trying to fight pitches off instead of attacking the ball. There's been a lot of grounders to shortstop lately, and the few hits he's had have been through the hole between short and third. I don't know enough about hitting to know what hell his problem is, but it's pretty clear that something needs to change. Starting with the Cubs series through now, he's giving us next to nothing.

As I've said before, Frank and JD are carrying us right now. PK, AJ and Rowand have got issues at the plate at this time.

Jurr
07-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Sorry if this was already discussed in this thread, but why did they rest Iguchi AND Rowand AND Thomas when we had an off day Thursday and the All-Star break coming up? The Sox play 3 games in a 7-day period and 3 starters need a rest? :?:
Dude....it wasn't about resting anyone! They have Ross Gload coming back, and he's going to need to replace someone. You can replace Jenks or someone, but when Damaso and El Duque return, that means someone's gotta go, and it's going to come down to Timo or Willie. There could be a trade that may require Willie or Timo to be showcased. Jenks may be getting a showcase. Who knows?
When you get a chance to rest all of your guys while possibly showcasing or deciding on which guy to keep, you had a good night. You can trade those losses for what the Sox probably accomplished last night. Yes, rest does help, and I don't care if it's the All Star break. 162 games is a LOT of games. I bet the guys that sat appreciated it.

bafiarocks03
07-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I was at the game last night! Section 129 row 11! woohoo! Right by oakland! wow! anyway...yea anyone that went last night..happen to see a I Love Willie! sign on the jumbotron during the 7th inning stretch! yea that was me!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Dude....it wasn't about resting anyone! They have Ross Gload coming back, and he's going to need to replace someone. You can replace Jenks or someone, but when Damaso and El Duque return, that means someone's gotta go, and it's going to come down to Timo or Willie. T....

That's an interesting theory, Jurr. I believe you're right. We've been saying for quite some time that the Sox would need to push out at least one of the current benchwarmers sometime this summer. With Gload due back shortly, last night's game definitely looked like an "A vs. B" type of test for Timo and Willie. One of them is almost surely to be jettisoned.

In the "who can fill in better as a starter" contest, advantage Timo.
:cool:

Another World's Tallest Midget contest, I suppose. String the barbed wire and man the trenches! "My midget's taller!" "NO! MY midget is taller" ... ad nauseum.

RedPinStripes
07-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Dude....it wasn't about resting anyone! They have Ross Gload coming back, and he's going to need to replace someone. You can replace Jenks or someone, but when Damaso and El Duque return, that means someone's gotta go, and it's going to come down to Timo or Willie. There could be a trade that may require Willie or Timo to be showcased. Jenks may be getting a showcase. Who knows?
When you get a chance to rest all of your guys while possibly showcasing or deciding on which guy to keep, you had a good night. You can trade those losses for what the Sox probably accomplished last night. Yes, rest does help, and I don't care if it's the All Star break. 162 games is a LOT of games. I bet the guys that sat appreciated it.

I didn't feel wrong for lashing out on Ozzie last night until I read this post. DAMMIT Jurr :tongue:

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Rob Deer could run.

He could also whiff 250-300 times a year.:roflmao: :roflmao:

jabrch
07-09-2005, 03:37 PM
I'll give you a hint: the dark clouds are more annoying.

That's like saying what's more annoying: foot fungus, or having to wash your feet in the shower in hopes you don't get foot fungus?

POTW!!!!

That's one of the funniest posts I have read here in a long time - and it is DEAD RIGHT. I have some of the known Dark Clouds on ignore - it is easier that way.