PDA

View Full Version : Betancourt tests positive

SoxSpeed22
07-08-2005, 08:17 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050708&content_id=1121234&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Rafael Betancourt was the first Toons' player to test positive for banned substances. That's how Cleveland fixed their Bullpen. Makes me feel good that our division rivals have had dirty players while we haven't.

patbooyah
07-09-2005, 12:17 PM
i'll admit it- i'm bumping this thread because i think it may have gotten lost come gametime. it is so nice having a bullpen full of good guys.

here is to hoping he is as ashamed as Kazuhito Tadano.

Fredsox
07-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I noticed that he said he was "angry and disappointed with Major League Baseball's decision to suspend me" but he didn't deny that he's 'roided up.

"I am going to file a grievance to clear my name. I am very sorry if this has caused any embarrassment and I apologize to my family, the Cleveland Indians organization, my teammates and all the fans."

This is clearly a statement constructed by a lawyer for purposes of damage-control. Notice that he does not say the test was not accurate, he just doesn't want to be suspended for it. What a putz.

Mickster
07-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Nice tidbit:

Betancourt, 30, is the first Indians player to test positive for use of banned substances. He is on the 15-day disabled list. His suspension, which started immediately, can run concurrently.

So the 10 games runs concurrently with the 15 Day DL? Nice punishment. :rolleyes:

patbooyah
07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Nice tidbit:

So the 10 games runs concurrently with the 15 Day DL? Nice punishment. :rolleyes:

guess its up to hangar to heckle some shame him.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Further proof that the existing policy is an absolute joke. Maybe the next offender can request that his 10 days coincide with his team's off days.