PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming ESPN the Magazine Photo Shoot

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 05:36 PM
This, from whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com:

Photo Shoot

Before today's game, Mark Buehrle, Scott Podsednik, Jermaine Dye, Cliff Politte, Juan Uribe and Tadahito Iguchi all posed for a photo spread on the White Sox in an upcoming edition of ESPN The Magazine. Each photo depicts a current Sox player in a setting from one our club's marketing promotions. Pods and Buehrle are in Go-Karts on the Pontiac Fundamentals Deck, while the other four are dressed as Beatles from the Sgt. Pepper album cover.

Dustin Hermanson is currently posing as Elvis. Tomorrow, Paul Konerko and his two dogs will be photgraphed sitting in the stands, Aaron Rowand, his daughter and some kids will take a shower on the outfield concourse and AJ Pierzynski will help some senior Sox fans -- including a few celebrities -- around the bases. Look for the shots in an upcoming edition of the mag.

That Beatles pic would be hilarious (Dye as Ringo? Uribe as Harrison? Iguchi as McCartney? Politte as Lennon? HAH!); this may be the first time I buy the ESPN mag.

Oh, and also on the blog: Iguchi and Rowand are getting the day off today.

LuvSox
07-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Sounds awesome. Wait, wait, wait, HOLD ON ONE FREAKIN' MINUTE! ESPN? They're up to something!

lths06
07-08-2005, 05:59 PM
God forbid ESPN show the Sox actually playing baseball :o:

:boston (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

"We can't show the Sox playing baseball, or the world will know they are actually better than the Red Sox and Yankees. Instead, well publish some goofy photos of them. Don't say we don't cover the White sox now, OK?"

RallyBowl
07-08-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah, i'm sure the pictures will be great, but i'm equally sure the attatched article will get a great big

:whocares
another day, another Arnold for espn.

rmusacch
07-08-2005, 06:09 PM
This, from whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com:

That Beatles pic would be hilarious (Dye as Ringo? Uribe as Harrison? Iguchi as McCartney? Politte as Lennon? HAH!); this may be the first time I buy the ESPN mag.

Oh, and also on the blog: Iguchi and Rowand are getting the day off today.

Thomas too :angry: Why the hell is Timo Perez getting a start?

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Thomas too :angry: Why the hell is Timo Perez getting a start?

This is the most important game for Timo ever. If he proves he can be a suitable backup to Big Frank, Ozzie will want him on the team for the rest of the year.

Cellview22
07-08-2005, 06:18 PM
I hope this isn't ESPN's way of bringing up the fact that we still need promotion. I've read enough of those articles this year.