PDA

View Full Version : Which teams would you like to play in the playoffs

lowesox
07-08-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't know if somebody's already started a threat like this... but I was thinking about it today and I'd love to play the twins in the second round. In the first round I'd love it if we could play and destroy the yanks. The Red sox and rangers are the teams that make me most nervous.

Of course, I know there's no guarantee we're even going to make the playoffs - just a little mid-friday afternoon conversation fodder.

SoxFan78
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Kansas City Royals

downstairs
07-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Tampa Bay --- White Sox --- White Sox --- White Sox
White Sox

Toronto --- Seattle
Seattle

Philly --- Cincy --- Colarado
Cincy

Colarado --- Colarado
Pittsburg

:cool:

Rocky Soprano
07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Anyone elses calendar show July as the month?

:smile:

miker
07-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Anyone elses calendar show July as the month?

Aren't posters allowed to dream anymore?

And its spelled "Colorado"...

RKMeibalane
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
We can worry about the playoffs once they start. Until then...

Rocky Soprano
07-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Aren't posters allowed to dream anymore?

And its spelled "Colorado"...

Dude, I'm just kidding. Thats why I made sure to put a :smile: .

Hell Dream Away....

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2005, 06:18 PM
The Red Sox, because we've NEVER played them in the playoffs in the history of the game, and they are my boyfriend's team...It would be fun ribbing all series long between the two of us, and would give him another reason to visit me (he lives in the Toronto area as of now...long distance relationships suck!).

Stretch
07-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Anyone except Texas, Anaheim and Oakland.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Anyone except Texas, Anaheim and Oakland.

If Texas' hitting is off, they are dead...Their pitching (outside of Rogers) does NOT scare me at all considering the lineup we've got.

jhill36
07-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't know if somebody's already started a threat like this... but I was thinking about it today and I'd love to play the twins in the second round. In the first round I'd love it if we could play and destroy the yanks. The Red sox and rangers are the teams that make me most nervous.

Of course, I know there's no guarantee we're even going to make the playoffs - just a little mid-friday afternoon conversation fodder.

Baltimore

Twins

Texas

I know it's not gonna happen. I predict the current AL division leaders will actually win, and I'm not just saying that because they're on top right now. The Angels and BoSox are just the best teams so we might as well get used to the prospect of having to face one of them, Boston or LAA. That's why we gotta deal.

jenmcm76
07-08-2005, 06:45 PM
I'd love for them to play the Twins for the ALDS, with maybe Boston or Baltimore (whoever wins the AL East) in the first round. NO WEST COAST!!!

If they're lucky enough to make it to the World Series, I think it'd be great to play the Cardinals. They'd be a tough team to beat, but if they could do it, no one could question how great this team is. Plus, we'd get the added bonus of watching Cubs fans squirm as they tried to decide who to root for... :D:

Cowhead418
07-08-2005, 08:47 PM
I would love it if the Sox played a cloned White Sox team all three rounds so no matter what we can celebrate.:cool:

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 09:07 PM
The A's in Oakland.

Stroker Ace
07-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Seriously- Yankmees and Twinks. 2 teams we can beat at home or away. Let's hope for no west coast trips come October.

The Racehorse
07-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Dunno, don't care... just win.

SOX LA Mikey
07-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah I know the West Coast is a HorrorShow for the Sox

but I would love a playoff against the Angels and a WS vs. the Padres
so I could see my Sox for the 1st time ever in postseason play :bandance:

I've lived out here since '90, and couldn't afford a ticket in '83

....just don't break my heart ....again:whiner:

MiamiSpartan
07-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Cardinals in the Series. Can you imagine how pissed off scrub fans would be???

A_ROW33
07-09-2005, 09:53 AM
I'd like to see the sox play the Marlins in the series a foul ball go down the left field line and a fan back off so scotty can catch the ball, and then see the sox actually beat Josh Beckett, and Mark Buehrle not give up 7 runs in should it go to game 7.