PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ideas Please

MIgrenade
07-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I am in need of some ideas as to how I can go downtown tomorrow before the Sox game, then go to the game without paying a ton for parking. They don't do park and ride on weekends. I was wondering if you guys knew of some cheaper lots. I know there are a ton of these threads, and I wish I had paid more attention, but here we are.

Thanks!

SpammySosa
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I am in need of some ideas as to how I can go downtown tomorrow before the Sox game, then go to the game without paying a ton for parking. They don't do park and ride on weekends. I was wondering if you guys knew of some cheaper lots. I know there are a ton of these threads, and I wish I had paid more attention, but here we are.

Thanks!

I am not sure what time you are planning on hitting the park,but if you get there within an hour and a half of gametime you can park for 8 bucks in Lot G.

SoxFan78
07-08-2005, 04:18 PM
If you are looking for a cheap alternative, hop on the El.

MIgrenade
07-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Is it $5 to park at IIT?

Pulaski
07-08-2005, 04:54 PM

Thanks!

You can park outside of First Base Bar (32nd and Normal), grab a drink (anything) and get a neighborhood parking pass. It is only 3-4 block walk to park. We park there almost every game.

TornLabrum
07-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Tuesday night my son parked for free on Michigan Ave.

SouthSideHitman
07-08-2005, 05:30 PM

That's what I do. There's always some spots to be found on the streets on the IIT campus, especially during the summer. I've been coming to Sox games for 18 years and never paid for parking, thanks to IIT, plus I like the walk before and after the game.

steff
07-08-2005, 05:34 PM

Hal.. my apologies.. we saw you and Jeff behind the net and meant to come over but lost track of the time... (read -> :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: ).
Will you be at Nomadsfest on 8/20..??

doublem23
07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Depending on were you're coming from, you can park for like $1.50 at Midway, and take the Orange/Red Lines to the game.

daveeym
07-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Uhm guys I think he's saying he wants to go to the loop or michigan avenue or something like that before the game and not have to pay outrageous prices both in the loop and at the game.

If that's the case I'd say park at some of the suggested free parking areas around the cell and hop the redline up to the loop or wherever you're heading and then take it back to the cell for the game.

Cellview22
07-08-2005, 06:15 PM
If you want easy access to the El, and you're driving in early in the day, I'd suggest one of the Park n Ride CTA lots. They're conveniently located right next to an El station.

I usually drive in before noon on Saturday, park at the Halsted and Archer lot for $2, take the Orange Line to the loop and hang out downtown, and then at the end of the day after the game, you just take the Red Line to Roosevelt (2nd stop) and transfer to the Orange Line going to Midway. The Halsted station is one stop from Roosevelt.

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/park.html

soxjim
07-08-2005, 06:19 PM
I park at Cumberland. take to blue line to the red line to the game.

chitownhawkfan
07-08-2005, 06:20 PM
If you are coming from Palos, take one of the Metra lines to Union Station. That will let you right off in the Loop and a weekend roundtrip pass is only five bucks. When you are done shopping or whatever you had planned just head east to a Red Line Stop and get off at the Cell.

Blueprint1
07-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Park on the Near South Side there are tons of parking spaces where I live. Talke the redline at the Chinatown stop anywhere you want to go.

TornLabrum
07-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Hal.. my apologies.. we saw you and Jeff behind the net and meant to come over but lost track of the time... (read -> :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: ).
Will you be at Nomadsfest on 8/20..??

That's okay, steff. Dave Wills lost track of me, too. Saw me from his booth and tried to find me downstairs but couldn't figure out what section I was in. At least that what he says, but I figure I got bigtimed by two friends at the same game.

chisoxmike
07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
I like to park for $8 at the 7th street garage at Balbo and Wabash, The Harrison red line stop is on State & Harrison, about a block away from the garage.

MIgrenade
07-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot guys, this has been a huge help! I just have to what my girlfriend wants to do.
See you at the game.

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Here's the best remedy for parking problems...Move to the neighborhood!!!

That's right, living in the neighborhood gives you the perk of driving up to the ballpark and parking right on the street for FREE! I live near 28th and Union but usually park on the 3400 block of South Wells.

After you get the City of Chicago vehicle sticker, go to the Alderman's office to get a Bridgeport resident parking decal, fix it to the driver's side of the windshield, and wallah...Free parking for ALL Sox games...You won't get a ticket as long as you park in areas where they have the signs that say "No parking during ballgames except vehicles displaying resident permits."

chitownhawkfan
07-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Here's the best remedy for parking problems...Move to the neighborhood!!!

That's right, living in the neighborhood gives you the perk of driving up to the ballpark and parking right on the street for FREE! I live near 28th and Union but usually park on the 3400 block of South Wells.

After you get the City of Chicago vehicle sticker, go to the Alderman's office to get a Bridgeport resident parking decal, fix it to the driver's side of the windshield, and wallah...Free parking for ALL Sox games...You won't get a ticket as long as you park in areas where they have the signs that say "No parking during ballgames except vehicles displaying resident permits."

I will be soon, I just started working and am hoping to move out of the suburbs and into Bridgeport ASAP

:hawk
Bridgeport...YES!

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I will be soon, I just started working and am hoping to move out of the suburbs and into Bridgeport ASAP

:hawk
Bridgeport...YES!

Kool! If you would like to look at apartment postings, look no further than www.bridgeportnews.net (http://www.bridgeportnews.net). It's a very useful source that helped me when I moved from Bolingbrook just before Christmas.