PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter as crazy as Carl

ramorgan1
07-08-2005, 04:09 PM
"What did Torii Hunter do after arguably the Twins' worst game of the year? Grab a bat and helmet -- and head for the shower.
The outfielder, with encouragement from catcher Mike Redmond, stripped down to his socks, put on the helmet, grabbed the bat and walked into the shower. It was his attempt to liven up a dead-silent clubhouse Thursday night after an 8-5 loss to Kansas City put the Twins 11 games behind the Chicago White Sox in the American League Central.
"Guys were in here acting like their dog died," Hunter said.
So he went into the shower, swinging a bat and making teammates scramble. Still lacking clothes, he then marched down to the coaches room to ask for extra batting practice.
"They said no," Hunter said. "What's wrong with that? That may be the way I do my routine. I don't know what's going on here. When you ask for flips, you should be able to get more BP. If I want to go in there naked, does it matter?"

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5496015.html

doublem23
07-08-2005, 04:13 PM
:?:

Madvora
07-08-2005, 04:16 PM
"What did Torii Hunter do after arguably the Twins' worst game of the year? Grab a bat and helmet -- and head for the shower.
The outfielder, with encouragement from catcher Mike Redmond, stripped down to his socks, put on the helmet, grabbed the bat and walked into the shower. It was his attempt to liven up a dead-silent clubhouse Thursday night after an 8-5 loss to Kansas City put the Twins 11 games behind the Chicago White Sox in the American League Central.
So he went into the shower, swinging a bat and making teammates scramble. Still lacking clothes, he then marched down to the coaches room to ask for extra batting practice.
"They said no," Hunter said. "What's wrong with that? That may be the way I do my routine. I don't know what's going on here. When you ask for flips, you should be able to get more BP. If I want to go in there naked, does it matter?"

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5496015.html
I read about this earlier today on the Twins board. I forgot to post it.
It had a nice comment by the original poster..."What a bunch of fruitcake losers."

cleanwsox
07-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I guess it's hard to know what they are going through since the Sox haven't lost to KC yet. Hopefully we won't have an article on Crazy Carl if we do ever lose to those scrubs.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Oh, brother.

daveeym
07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Haha, sorry but that's awesome. That's what baseball and Frats are all about.

Baby Fisk
07-08-2005, 04:45 PM
IIRC, a Twins player managed to take naked batting practice sometime last year. :o:

Edit: found it. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46751&highlight=naked+batting+practice) The article link is dead, but there's a quote in the thread.

elrod
07-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Nothing wrong with what Torii did. Why not liven things up? If anybody knows the attitude of the Twins over the years its Hunter and if he thinks the players are hanging their heads like losers, well then, they probably are.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Nothing wrong with what Torii did. Why not liven things up? If anybody knows the attitude of the Twins over the years its Hunter and if he thinks the players are hanging their heads like losers, well then, they probably are.

how about livening things up by inviting a midget that looks like ron gardenhire to run into the clubhouse and scream at the players and tell them to pick it up or they'd be sent down to the minors. that's funny. doing ANYTHING with a bat in the showers is just disturbing.

daveeym
07-08-2005, 04:55 PM
how about livening things up by inviting a midget that looks like ron gardenhire to run into the clubhouse and scream at the players and tell them to pick it up or they'd be sent down to the minors. that's funny. doing ANYTHING with a bat in the showers is just disturbing. That would be pretty funny too.

And babyfisk whoever it was wasn't fully naked but took bp in the cages in their jock only. Minnesota doesn't ring a bell for that but it may well could have been.

Iguana775
07-08-2005, 05:15 PM

Yea, that's hilarious. lol

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Sorry, but I think what Torii did was great. It was totally... Sox-like.

The stuff they do that you never hear about is hilarious. Anybody here about how they were riding Politte the other night with the "vulture" catcalls?

*****!

Ain't it funny that last year Torii hunter was symbolically the beginning of the end for us, and we rebuilt our team in their image. Ozzie talked about how we needed guys like him. And now I hear this and I'm comparing him to... us. We have a whole team like him.

Man how things can change in a year.

patbooyah
07-08-2005, 05:20 PM
doing ANYTHING with a bat in the showers is just disturbing.

i'm pretty sure carlos lee took a bat into the shower every time he went in. theres a reason hawk called him el caballo.

The Racehorse
07-08-2005, 05:27 PM

Didn't Bob Uecker once do that? No wait, it was Jay Johnstone. :cool:

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 05:32 PM
also from the article:
Hunter arrived in the clubhouse before Thursday and found an autographed photo of former "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken. It was a prank created by former teammate Eddie Guardado, whose Seattle team was in Kansas City before the Twins arrived.

And I found the bat in the showers thing to be funny in a crazy way. But not in a Boston "I want to hug everyone" Red Sox kind of crazy way. More like a ChiSox crazy.

soltrain21
07-08-2005, 06:37 PM

Please never refer to baseball and frats in the same sentence again unless you are talking about the Cubs.

Thank you.