PDA

View Full Version : Preston to the Nationals

Tekijawa
07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=nationalstotradeforrocki&prov=tsn&type=lgns

patbooyah
07-08-2005, 04:01 PM
poor cubs. :cool:

LuvSox
07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
poor cubs. :cool:

Flubs would be wise to dismantle and rebuild. The "fans" wouldn't notice a thing.

"Losing---business as usual"

daveeym
07-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Flubs would be wise to dismantle and rebuild. The "fans" wouldn't notice a thing.

"Losing---business as usual" They could start next year with an entire new starting staff and 50% of their fans would be talking smack about Wood, Prior and Maddox and how they'd be healthy next season.

DaleJRFan
07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
its not official yet, he has to approve the trade... which he would be stupid not to...

iamkoza
07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
damn, i wanted a guy who strikes out a lot and has a knee problem on the sox this season

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
They just said on a SC Update that the deal was off for financial reasons. It was Gammons so take it for what it is worth.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-08-2005, 05:09 PM
damn, i wanted a guy who strikes out a lot and has a knee problem on the sox this season

:tealpolice:

PULL OVER!

WhiteSoxFan84
07-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Nothing is official between the Nats and Rox. Don't be surprised at all if Preston ends up with the Cubs by the end of the weekend.

Mohoney
07-08-2005, 08:22 PM
They just said on a SC Update that the deal was off for financial reasons. It was Gammons so take it for what it is worth.

I guess we have an answer to the question of whether MLB would give the Nationals the financial leeway to improve their club.

TaylorStSox
07-09-2005, 02:01 AM
They sure didn't give up much for him.

Tragg
07-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Nothing is official between the Nats and Rox. Don't be surprised at all if Preston ends up with the Cubs by the end of the weekend.

And what a perfect Cubbie he would be; costs a lot, decent power, terrible OBP. Would fit in nicely. Hendry's a genius.

buehrle4cy05
07-09-2005, 11:31 AM
And what a perfect Cubbie he would be. Would fit in nicely. Hendry's a genius.

:tealtutor::tealpolice:
"License and registration, please."

delben91
07-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I guess we have an answer to the question of whether MLB would give the Nationals the financial leeway to improve their club.

Which if it is true is just ludicrous on MLB's part. The Nationals are in first place and drawing a ridiculous number of fans to the park, so many that they're sizably over their projected attendance and revenue figures. The Nats really need an ownership group, because it seems MLB just isn't going to let them do much of anything.

Tragg
07-09-2005, 12:40 PM
:tealtutor::tealpolice:
"License and registration, please."

LOL

Well, I thought the judicial notice rule would apply here. You know the rule that says in court you don't need an expert witness to testify that humans need oxygen to breathe in order to live, etc.

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 12:47 PM

"Losing---business as usual"

3.5 million lemmings will walk over the cliff every year.
And when the ones from Illinois are done, you've got
Iowa,Indiana,and sooooo many out of towners. :angry: :angry:

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 01:24 PM
According to the Washington Post the Sox might be involved (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/08/AR2005070802156.html). They could get Zach Day from Washington. It would be a three way trade. Isn't Day hurt though?

mdep524
07-09-2005, 01:28 PM
According to the Washington Post the Sox might be involved (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/08/AR2005070802156.html). They could get Zach Day from Washington. It would be a three way trade. Isn't Day hurt though? Perhaps this might be WTS material, but I've always liked Zach Day, though he's far from an elite starter that would make any difference whatsoever at playoff time.

The only thing I could think of is a.) Day could be used in another trade or b.) Day could replace McCarthy or Contreras at the back of the rotation if one or both of them is traded

Tragg
07-09-2005, 01:28 PM
According to the Washington Post the Sox might be involved (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/08/AR2005070802156.html). They could get Zach Day from Washington. It would be a three way trade. Isn't Day hurt though?

That would make sense if he's hurt. Pretty much ever rumor machine has us involved with hurt players, recently hurt players, players with arms in slings, etc.

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Perhaps this might be WTS material, but I've always liked Zach Day, though he's far from an elite starter that would make any difference whatsoever at playoff time.

The only thing I could think of is a.) Day could be used in another trade or b.) Day could replace McCarthy or Contreras at the back of the rotation if one or both of them is tradedDay has a ton of potential and maybe getting him out of Frank Robinsons hands(he apparantly doesn't really like Robinson all that much) could turn this guy around. Who would they give up though?

mdep524
07-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Day has a ton of potential and maybe getting him out of Frank Robinsons hands(he apparantly doesn't really like Robinson all that much) could turn this guy around. Who would they give up though? Boy, first Okha and now Day... is there a problem with Frank Robinson and pitchers?

White Sox Josh
07-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Boy, first Okha and now Day... is there a problem with Frank Robinson and pitchers?yes sort of. Day has a great sinker and the versatility to start or relieve. He struggled throwing strikes early this year. He is a quiet, sensitive guy who seemed to wilt under the intensity of Frank Robinson. Just when the Nats were sending Day to the minors, they found that he had a broken forearm and put him on the disabled list. Day's value has been further diminished by the injury, so the Nationals might want to swap Day for a healthy prospect to have a better chip to trade for the deadline considerations.