PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans Tonight! Meet Your Boardmate!

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Since we always talk about who's where and if we ever meet at a game, etc. I thought I'd throw myself out there as bait. Because I'll be easy to identify.

I'll be on the concourse, usually always standing right behind section 160/161, and wearing a white Sox home jersey with the number 04. The name on the back is "Healy." If you're there--introduce yourself!

I cannot WAIT to &%!$!# crush Oakland. God I hate that team.

TheOldRoman
07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Sit in your f'n seat! You paid for it! Don't block up the concourse and make our park look worse on tv. ESPN just loves pointing to the empty seats in the outfield.

Hangar18
07-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Sit in your f'n seat! You paid for it! Don't block up the concourse and make our park look worse on tv. ESPN just loves pointing to the empty seats in the outfield.

OK, I know you are just kidding about that. I'll be Tailgating in the lot,
and i'll be in the LF seats, right behind the SOX bullpen.....
I'll have on my lucky Gray KONERKO jersey on .....I know Palehose13 and
Kittle42 are coming .......

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2005, 03:35 PM

haha are you kidding me?

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Dude I don't think I've sat in my seat all year, except one weekday night game when I was tired, or the UD game against Minnesota.

Sorry!

mjharrison72
07-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Hangar, I guess I've always assumed you had a jersey like the one in your sig! I'll be watching for the Gray Konerko from now on.

StillMissOzzie
07-08-2005, 03:48 PM

I'll keep an eye out for you, Hangar. I'll be sporting my red sorta-like-the Melton-era Sox hat [ has the current SOX logo, which I recently learned isn't identical to the 70's-era SOX logo]

SMO
:gulp:

jackbrohamer
07-08-2005, 04:11 PM

Whoa, this just turned into An Attendance Thread! It happened so fast my head's spinning

zach23
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
My usual spot in section 162 next to the Amigos. My 11 month old son will be going to his first night game.

TheOldRoman
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
haha are you kidding me?
:hijacked:
Well, it is a pet peeve of mine. I hate people standing around on the concourse, its very Cub-like. When you stand around on the concourse, you aren't watching the game.
1. unless you are standing in the very front of the concourse, there are people in front of you, and you cant see the field.
2. Unless you and your friends stand around like the guys from King of the Hill, (in a line shoulder to shoulder,talking to eachother while not facing) not everyone is looking at the field. Everyone stands around in little circles so they can talk to their friends, and many people aren't even facing the field. If you are in the front of the circle, your back is to the field. If you are in the back, your friends are in front of you. If you aren't there to watch the game, you are there to drink. That is Cub-like.
3. why would you move yourself further away from the action than you are allowed to be? If I pay for seats, I will sit in them. If you have good seats, sit in them. If you want to get further away from the action, go to the upperdeck.
4. its a pain getting to your seats, going to the bathroom, and going to concession stands when you have to move around the loiterers.

Aside from the pain it causes for other ticket holders, notably season ticket holders, it does make the park look emptier. Mediots like Giangreco laughed during the 2000 playoffs because there were probably a thousand empty seats in the upperdeck. The games were sold out, but some upperdeck ticket holders decided they would rather stand on the concourse. That is remedied now, but people still bitch on here regularly about not getting into the lower deck.

Whatever you do is your prerogative, but I personally hate when people loiter on the concourse. I would rather watch the game.

TheOldRoman
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Whoa, this just turned into An Attendance Thread! It happened so fast my head's spinning
No, its not. Don't make it into one.

pdimas
07-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll be there in Sec 160 Row 2 Seats 9 and 10 with my Pops wearing my red white sox bp jersey. I hope we destroy Oakland to erase the only two blights on our record (a losing record vs. AL West and losing record to Oakland :angry: ).

DaleJRFan
07-08-2005, 04:42 PM

I thought you hated Konerko?? :?:

Pulaski
07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
I'll be there in Sec 160 Row 2 Seats 9 and 10 with my Pops wearing my red white sox bp jersey. I hope we destroy Oakland to erase the only two blights on our record (a losing record vs. AL West and losing record to Oakland :angry: ).

Do you have a season package? If, my seats are 13-14 in the same section/row. My brother in law will be there tonight.

petekat
07-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Didn't realize that there were rules of etiquette associated with Ballpark attendance (like the king of the hill reference tho!)

Well, it is a pet peeve of mine. I hate people standing around on the concourse, its very Cub-like. When you stand around on the concourse, you aren't watching the game.
1. unless you are standing in the very front of the concourse, there are people in front of you, and you cant see the field.
2. Unless you and your friends stand around like the guys from King of the Hill, (in a line shoulder to shoulder,talking to eachother while not facing) not everyone is looking at the field. Everyone stands around in little circles so they can talk to their friends, and many people aren't even facing the field. If you are in the front of the circle, your back is to the field. If you are in the back, your friends are in front of you. If you aren't there to watch the game, you are there to drink. That is Cub-like.
3. why would you move yourself further away from the action than you are allowed to be? If I pay for seats, I will sit in them. If you have good seats, sit in them. If you want to get further away from the action, go to the upperdeck.
4. its a pain getting to your seats, going to the bathroom, and going to concession stands when you have to move around the loiterers.

Aside from the pain it causes for other ticket holders, notably season ticket holders, it does make the park look emptier. Mediots like Giangreco laughed during the 2000 playoffs because there were probably a thousand empty seats in the upperdeck. The games were sold out, but some upperdeck ticket holders decided they would rather stand on the concourse. That is remedied now, but people still bitch on here regularly about not getting into the lower deck.

Whatever you do is your prerogative, but I personally hate when people loiter on the concourse. I would rather watch the game.

TornLabrum
07-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll be in Sec. 145, Row 31, Seat 4. Usually I can be found about an hour before game time at the organist's booth.

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 05:07 PM

Boy did you ever step in it on this one.

First off, stuff your Cubs reference. Don't tell me ever, going to my TWENTY SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON TONIGHT, that I'm Cubs-like.

Second, we stand right up against the chain and we watch the entire game, every pitch. We do not sit there and socialize in "circles."

Third, we are never in anybody's way and unless you're new to the Cell, unless it's a sold-out game, the concourse is rarely packed and hard to pass. The only time I've seen it like that this year was on Memorial Day and maybe one of the Cubs games.

I just like to stand, what can I say? And yes, if I'm standing and you want my seat, by all means I'll give you my ticket. Just ask!

:D: :cool:

C-Dawg
07-08-2005, 05:18 PM
I think a lot of the people standing around in the OF concourse are smokers. Whatever, I guess; I don't smoke but sometimes talk to buddies out there. Our nice wide open concourse invites people to stand out there, they shouldn't be faulted too much if they find it a nice place to congregate.

Anyway, I'm at the Saturday Oakland game, in Section 158 Row 8, which I believe is the first row above the Sox bullpen! That's gonna be sweet!

TheOldRoman
07-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Boy did you ever step in it on this one.

First off, stuff your Cubs reference. Don't tell me ever, going to my TWENTY SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON TONIGHT, that I'm Cubs-like.

Second, we stand right up against the chain and we watch the entire game, every pitch. We do not sit there and socialize in "circles."

Third, we are never in anybody's way and unless you're new to the Cell, unless it's a sold-out game, the concourse is rarely packed and hard to pass. The only time I've seen it like that this year was on Memorial Day and maybe one of the Cubs games.

I just like to stand, what can I say? And yes, if I'm standing and you want my seat, by all means I'll give you my ticket. Just ask!

:D: :cool:
Well, you may not be those things, but everyone else standing around is. You may stand around like Hank Hill up against the chain, but most clowns are in circles talking. I bet there is almost always a group of people standing bhind you and your friends, not watching the game. It is my experience that most people who stand around on the outfield concourse only do so to be closer to the beer stand. I guess if they come to the game to have 15 beers, it only makes sense. If thats not you, you are the excpetion. The concourse is almost never completely packed, but it is still hard to get around people. Thats all Im saying.

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Gotcha. That is obnoxious. I cannot believe people pay to go into a game and don't watch it.

No, we stand right up against the chain behind where the little wheelchair area is--out of everybody's way. In fact, during the Cubs game, it was really cool how a bunch of strangers and us staked out that area and would "save" places for each other for bathroom trips, etc.

If the concourse is packed, like on Memorial Day, I just sit in my seat. Or better yet, like with the Cubs games, we just sneak down to open bleacher seats during the innings, back up between, back down, etc.

Trust me we won't be in your way, and we watch everything!

steff
07-08-2005, 05:39 PM

Henry.. tell Val to call me. We'll be in our usual spot tonight. 127 row 25

Jerko
07-08-2005, 06:26 PM
I stand most of the time too. Right against the chain, facing the field, watching the game. I start the game in my seats, and if I have to get up 10,239 times before the 4th pitch of the game to let the same people in and out of the row, that's when I just go stand in the back. It's easier and I can still see the game. If the circles of people that are NOT watching the game (and yes, it happens more than you would think) start to engulf me, then I go sit down, or I hit the Stadium Club for a few innings.

Chips
07-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Since we always talk about who's where and if we ever meet at a game, etc. I thought I'd throw myself out there as bait. Because I'll be easy to identify.

I'll be on the concourse, usually always standing right behind section 160/161, and wearing a white Sox home jersey with the number 04. The name on the back is "Healy." If you're there--introduce yourself!

I cannot WAIT to &%!$!# crush Oakland. God I hate that team.

Kevin Healy?