PDA

View Full Version : Schilling vs. Damon

santo=dorf
07-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I really don't understand all the love for Johnny Damon, and I hate Curt Schilling, so this story made my day.

Johnny Damon's outspoken comments about teammate Curt Schilling could have stemmed from an incident between their wives during last year's ALCS.
Accoring to the Boston Herald, Shonda Schilling passed out scarfs to all the wives during last year's ALCS against the Yankees. Michelle Damon, Johnny's wife now and fiance at the time, was the only one that refused to wear the scarf. Michelle even griped after the Sox fell in Game 3, ''A lot of good those (bleeping) scarves have done.'' To which Shonda Schilling replied ''Well, if you were wearing one maybe your fiance wouldn't be 0-for-16.'' Red Sox family day is going to be a blast this year. Jul. 8 - 1:17 pm et
Source: Boston Herald (http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=92989)

CATFIGHT!

Podzilla_40
07-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I love Damon. He used to play A ball here and he was an awesome guy.

Madvora
07-08-2005, 01:18 PM
That's great!

TaylorStSox
07-08-2005, 01:22 PM
What'd Damon say about Schilling?

soltrain21
07-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Schilling with the zing of the century.

santo=dorf
07-08-2005, 01:27 PM

He was critical of Schilling going to the bullpen because he says it takes fatboy Curt at least 50 pitches to get warmed up, and he won't have enought time to get ready if the Red Sox take the lead in the bottom of the 8th.

Rocklive99
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=761715&postcount=18

RKMeibalane
07-08-2005, 02:08 PM
This latest dispute is only more proof that the Red Sox will be at home once October rolls around.

Tekijawa
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM
This latest dispute is only more proof that the Red Sox will be at home once October rolls around.

So will the Cubs! Maybe they could get together with ESPN and have their own world series. Then they could interview. Mrs. Damon, Mrs. Schilling, Mrs. Wood, and Mrs. Prior and they could hand out little blue teddy bears in red sock to commemorate the whole thing!

LuvSox
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM

Sure is, they fight way too much, no chemistry.

Fenway
07-08-2005, 02:43 PM

We will be fine

doublem23
07-08-2005, 03:09 PM
We will be fine

Looooooooove that garbage division. :D:

daveeym
07-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Looooooooove that garbage division. :D: That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe some other year, some other division this would be worrisome for them. But they're still leading the division and pretty racked up with injuries and problems that SHOULD only get better.

Foulke You
07-09-2005, 09:42 PM
The Red Sox will be there at the end for sure. Now, hopefully, they'll be home in October only after we dispatch them in the ALCS.:tongue:

Viva Medias B's
07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Sure is, they fight way too much, no chemistry.

The early '70s Oakland Athletics fought amongst themselves all the time too. I think they did pretty good.

SOXintheBURGH
07-09-2005, 09:57 PM
:cleo

Red Cubs will finish with 89 wins.. two shy of the AL WC.. the entire North East will collapse into the Atlantic ala California into the Pacific and we are all going to have to hear about the White Sox World Series win doesn't count because they didn't beat anyone in the playoffs.

Fenway
07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Schilling unloads on Damon

July 12, 2005 - Curt Schilling - Red Sox Pitcher (http://eod.liquidviewer.com/weei-od/Schilling--7-12-05.wma)

On Johnny Damon and other playersí comments and some that might view this as him trying to steal the spotlight:

ďThat probably burns my ass more than anything, to even mention something like that. (The) spotlight thing is such a crock. From a lot of different angles itís crap. That whole spotlight angle is one that couldnít be farther from the truth. Iíll take the spotlight if thatís what is there when on the mound and I succeed and thatís part of it, thatís fine. But as far as the spotlight thing and the media thing, I can promise you, you guys are nice guys, Iíd much rather be sleeping right now than talking to you guys. I want to do whatever I can do to help put another ring on my finger, whatever the team needs me to do. Iíve never told my manager no when Iíve been asked to do something. Iíve never put myself and my interests ahead of the team. Iíve always felt like if I can take the ball and I can get on the mound, Iím gonna be better than anybody thatís out there. Whether thatís true or not is not really relevant to me, thatís how I have to operate, and thatís how I think Iíve always been at my best is with that belief and that frame of mind.Ē