PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!!!

Bump34
07-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I just wanted to thank all the White Sox fans who had very nice things to say to me while I was back in town for the Rays series against the Southsiders...

I don't know where to begin... from the fans who waved and yelled to the booth... to the folks at Jimbo's... Grandstand...and all the White Sox employees who were like family for almost 10 years... it was great to see all of you!!!

Thanks as well to Don Peterson and Denny Guest of South Oak Dodge for providing me with transportation while I was there...

I think I got all my plugs in...:bandance:

Hope to see a lot of you in October when I come back to see family and friends after the season... and a few White Sox playoff games too!!!

santo=dorf
07-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Hope to see a lot of you in October when I come back to see family and friends after the season... and a few White Sox playoff games too!!!

You mean you don't expect to see the D-Rays in postseason play? :o: :tongue:

I'm curious as to knowing what your calls sounded like on both of Frank's homers.

Mickster
07-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks Dave.

Hope you are having fun "learning on the job" while we get your seat ready next to Rooney in a few years!

:gulp:

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I just wanted to thank all the White Sox fans who had very nice things to say to me while I was back in town for the Rays series against the Southsiders...

I don't know where to begin... from the fans who waved and yelled to the booth... to the folks at Jimbo's... Grandstand...and all the White Sox employees who were like family for almost 10 years... it was great to see all of you!!!

Thanks as well to Don Peterson and Denny Guest of South Oak Dodge for providing me with transportation while I was there...

Hope to see a lot of you in October when I come back to see family and friends after the season... and a few White Sox playoff games too!!!Thank You for all the years on the Southside. I've listened to a couple of the games on MLB Gameday Audio and you do a great job as a broadcaster. What is Lou Pinella like by the way? Best of luck to the Devil Rays.

mike squires
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I have a strange feeling you will be back with us some day Dave. I mean...Hawk can't live forever, right????

Sxy Mofo
07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I have a strange feeling you will be back with us some day Dave. I mean...Hawk can't live forever, right????

Bite your tongue. I see hawk as the dick clark of broadcasters. He's invincible.

chitownhawkfan
07-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Wills, you are the man and are missed. Cant wait to have you back
:wills

The Wall
07-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I miss your voice from the post game show :(

chitownhawkfan
07-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I just really loved the intro, WHITE SOX BASEBALL, NEEEEXT. Although White Sox Baseball, Right NOW. Is Pretty good. You have to admit even though Wills was the man Dolgin has done a heck of a job.

Over By There
07-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Dave, your time with Dolgin on Rain Delay Theater had me smiling ear to ear. It was great to hear from you again. :smile:

Heffalump
07-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I just really loved the intro, WHITE SOX BASEBALL, NEEEEXT. Although White Sox Baseball, Right NOW. Is Pretty good. You have to admit even though Wills was the man Dolgin has done a heck of a job.

Wills was THE BEST and is missed.

I agree that Bryan Dolgin is doing a very good job handling the pre/post game shows, but his "White Sox Baseball, Right Now" is an extremely pitiful attempt to copy the power of Dave's "NEEEEEXT"

TornLabrum
07-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Wills was THE BEST and is missed.

I agree that Bryan Dolgin is doing a very good job handling the pre/post game shows, but his "White Sox Baseball, Right Now" is an extremely pitiful attempt to copy the power of Dave's "NEEEEEXT"

Well, you have to admit Bryan doesn't have the voice to do "NEEEEEXT!"

NSSoxFan
07-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Dave:

You have always been a class act. Keep up the great work and best of luck!

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Willsy--sorry I missed you Tuesday night...but we'll catch you in St. Pete later this summer.

:gulp: :gulp: on me at Ferg's!

Rocklive99
07-08-2005, 02:54 PM
We definately miss you. The Sox are moving to the Score next year, so they'll probably need a new pre/post game host...:wink:

Just wondering if you were thinking of pursuing an acting career after being in the DRay commercial for the Opening Day game?

Kuzman
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Great hearing from ya again! Glad to see you still know your roots Dave! Love listening to ya on mlb.tv whenever I can get a chance! Good Luck to you and the Rays!

tlebar318
07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Dave--I met you in St. Pete back in May at the bar (Ferg's) across the street from the park and we talked for quite a while. You are a genuine nice guy and a good broadcaster besides! It was fun to talk to a fellow Sox fan in Florida. You may or may not remember that Buerhle was sitting in the bar having a cold one that night as well. See you again when the Sox play the Rays in the ALCS! :D:

Heffalump
07-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Well, you have to admit Bryan doesn't have the voice to do "NEEEEEXT!"

I agree. It just seems to me that the "Right Now" is an attempt to copy Dave's outstanding opening. I think Bryan handles himself well in the pre/post game shows and just shouldn't try to "force" his own catch phrase.........When most successful, those things tend to develop over time, in my opinion.

harwar
07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Yea,no offense to Brian(i like his enthusiasm) but i think we all miss Willsy.
He had some great battles with cub fans on the air and i remember fondly the "bring your daughter to work day' when Daves' daughter did the "NEEEEEXXXXT' call.
My daughter was a HUGE fan after that.

steff
07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Willsy--sorry I missed you Tuesday night...but we'll catch you in St. Pete later this summer.

:gulp: :gulp: on me at Ferg's!

Oye ve.. I think I'm still hung over. Just like old times.. :D: :gulp:

steff
07-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Yea,no offense to Brian(i like his enthusiasm) but i think we all miss Willsy.

I told Brian that Tuesday night.. it just takes time.

TornLabrum
07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I think Dave would appreciate this.

Our guest at the June WCSF luncheon was Ozzie Guillen. Bryan was the emcee. As is usual while people were eating, everyone at Ozzie's table was talking baseball, the Sox, etc. Bryan was one of those taking part in the conversation.

When it came time for Bryan to interview Ozzie, a lot of the questions he asked (without notes I might add) were taken right from our discussion at the table. When it was over, he told Mary Kay that Ozzie was the first major leaguer he's interviewed. The guy is definitely a pro, and after close to ten years of Dave doing the interviews, we were all pretty impressed.

Dave is an old favorite of mine. Bryan is a new favorite.

steff
07-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm reserving jugement until after I listen to his show tomorrow... :rolleyes:

BTW..his name is spelled Bryan.

hsnterprize
07-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Wilsy,

It was great meeting you in the press box. You definitely are a class act. Best wishes to you in Tampa, and I'm sure someone on this site will have tickets for you when the Sox play in the World Series this October.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Dave:

Hope all is well with the family. Good luck the rest of the way.

Lip

Viva Medias B's
07-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks, Dave. Are you planning to cover UIC basketball during the offseason? If so, hopefully you'll be describing two Rambler winners during the season. LU-UIC rivalry stuff aside, we do miss you very much. Best wishes to you and Sweet Lou with the Rays in Tampa.

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Take care,Dave.God knows I miss your post game shows.:gulp:

Sad
07-09-2005, 12:05 PM
good to see you again Dave...

mdep524
07-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Dave, as if yo don't already know this, we still think about ya all the time over here.

One request: when the Sox make the playoffs and you come home for the fall, could you record a few of those classic pre-game snipits to use at the Cell?

<Intro to "Thunderstruck" starts playing>
"The Twins and White Sox squared off 17 times this season, with the Pale Hose taking 13 of those contests en route to a double-digit lead in the AL Central and thumping of Boston in the playoffs' first round. But the never-say-die Twins hung on for the Wildcard spot, upset the Angels and are back to The Cell to pay their old buddies from Chicago a visit to decide who goes to the World Series. It's the Sox and Twins, game one.... NEXXXXXXXXXXXXT!!!"

TomBradley72
07-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Willsy....you're one of us....we all know you'll be back here someday....and then have a great 30 year run with the WSox....just a matter of time.

doublem23
07-09-2005, 03:16 PM
:hurt
Sorry I had to beat up on your Devil Rays, Dave. Don't take it personally.

:)