PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Sosa last night?

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-08-2005, 07:50 AM
My brother (fellow Sox fan) was over last night, and we were channel surfing, and turned on the Boston/Baltimore game (strange, a Boston Red Sox game on ESPN). Anyhoo, Sosa came up to bat, and I looked at him in disbelief. Thank God for DVR - I froze the screen when he was stepping into the batter's box - except for his face, from his neck down, he looks JUST like he did his 1st year with the Sox. I turned to my brother, and he said the exact same thing before I did - and we both laughed. Anyone else see this?

bigfoot
07-08-2005, 10:11 AM
The Incredible Shrinking Sosa?

jackbrohamer
07-08-2005, 11:01 AM
I noticed the same thing yesterday. I had not really paid attention to him this year, but it is striking how much smaller he is now.

SOXPHILE
07-08-2005, 11:07 AM
His wife might be able to work up the courage to hit him back now...

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2005, 11:11 AM
I noticed the same thing yesterday. I had not really paid attention to him this year, but it is striking how much smaller he is now.
His .230 BA and total of 9 homers are pretty striking too. So, he's off the Flinstones, huh?

TornLabrum
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
He probably lost that weight so he could move better behind the plate...oh, wait...that was I-Rod. All these guys losing weight confuses me so.

slavko
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I looooove cheap shots at Sammy.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
The Incredible Shrinking Sosa?

SOSA - Sammy's Off Steroids AGAIN.

Foulke You
07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Man, anyone remember how much flak we used to take as Sox fans when we accused Sosa of roiding up back in '98? Now, everyone knows he was juicing, it is so plainly obvious! You just need to see the suddenly slim Sosa in his Orioles uniform. At the time, we were all accused as being "jealous" that we let him get away and now he was on the Cubs doing so many wonderful things and being a hero to those young and old. Sox fans would say that NOBODY suddenly finds a 66HR stroke at age 31 as Sosa did without steroids and nobody listened to us. The media would dutifully write their Sosa worshiping articles and Frank bashing articles and this is the way it was for years in Chicago until they decided that Sosa needed to be traded (it took them THIS long to figure it out that he was selfish) and then they traded him, but not before members of the Sun Times wrote a bunch of "we'll miss Sammy" and "thanks for the memories" type articles. What a complete joke of a ballplayer this former Cubs hero is. Much like their fanbase, he turned out to be completely shallow and lacking in character. That '98 season was the biggest farce in the history of the game. I only wish Sosa, Bonds, and the rest could have been caught before causing damage to the game.

SoxFan76
07-10-2005, 01:09 AM
I looooove cheap shots at Sammy.

That one made me laugh out loud, but the kind of "I can't believe he just said that" laugh. haha, it was a good one though.

Brian26
07-10-2005, 12:01 PM
He probably lost that weight so he could move better behind the plate...oh, wait...that was I-Rod. All these guys losing weight confuses me so.

Sosa just switched to Diet Coke, that's all. No reason to worry. He's completely clean and ALWAYS HAS BEEN. And he never used a cork bat either. And he never hit his wife over the head with an empty rum bottle.

DrCrawdad
07-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Man, anyone remember how much flak we used to take as Sox fans when we accused Sosa of roiding up back in '98? Now, everyone knows he was juicing, it is so plainly obvious! You just need to see the suddenly slim Sosa in his Orioles uniform. At the time, we were all accused as being "jealous" that we let him get away and now he was on the Cubs doing so many wonderful things and being a hero to those young and old. Sox fans would say that NOBODY suddenly finds a 66HR stroke at age 31 as Sosa did without steroids and nobody listened to us. The media would dutifully write their Sosa worshiping articles and Frank bashing articles and this is the way it was for years in Chicago until they decided that Sosa needed to be traded (it took them THIS long to figure it out that he was selfish) and then they traded him, but not before members of the Sun Times wrote a bunch of "we'll miss Sammy" and "thanks for the memories" type articles. What a complete joke of a ballplayer this former Cubs hero is. Much like their fanbase, he turned out to be completely shallow and lacking in character. That '98 season was the biggest farce in the history of the game. I only wish Sosa, Bonds, and the rest could have been caught before causing damage to the game.

So very true!

ChiSox14305635
07-10-2005, 12:36 PM

ROTFLMAO!!! :roflmao:

I know that is wrong on like 10 million levels, but that was funny as hell.

TDog
07-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I was listening to Sporting News radio in my car Saturday. Speculation was that the O's would put him on waivers in September. With the Cubs picking up most of Sosa's salary, they don't have a great financial investment in him.

That doesn't mean he's done. Some team, they added, will always take one-time stars at the end of their careers.

RKMeibalane
07-10-2005, 01:38 PM
I was listening to Sporting News radio in my car Saturday. Speculation was that the O's would put him on waivers in September. With the Cubs picking up most of Sosa's salary, they don't have a great financial investment in him.

That doesn't mean he's done. Some team, they added, will always take one-time stars at the end of their careers.

I'm sure the Yankees are interested.

soxwon
07-10-2005, 02:13 PM

he obviously stopped LIFTING WEIGHTs in the offseason.