PDA

View Full Version : Rolaids Relief Man Standings

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Rolaids Relief Man Standings
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rolaids?year=2005)Hey! That's weird! Let me fill in the information that ESPN mistakenly left out:

Dustin Hermanson and Eddie Guardado are currently tied for 2nd place on these standings...why'd ESPN leave them out? Weird. Still, cool to see Dustin up for the award; he deserves it.

EDIT: On another note, Chad Cordero currently has 30 saves. Is Bobby Thigpen's single season record 56, or around that number?

mccoydp
07-08-2005, 07:00 AM
57 saves for Thigpen in 1990, and 201 over his career.

lostletters
07-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Rolaids Relief Man Standings
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rolaids?year=2005)Hey! That's weird! Let me fill in the information that ESPN mistakenly left out:

Dustin Hermanson and Eddie Guardado are currently tied for 2nd place on these standings...why'd ESPN leave them out? Weird. Still, cool to see Dustin up for the award; he deserves it.

EDIT: On another note, Chad Cordero currently has 30 saves. Is Bobby Thigpen's single season record 56, or around that number?

It's ESPN, that explains it all. They hate the White Sox. They can't stand them doing well because all of thier analyst predicted them to be in fourth. They predicted it was going to be Detriot on top. So they omit people from thier stats, frequently.

Heffalump
07-08-2005, 10:33 AM
That is so messed up?

I can understand individual writers badmouthing/ignoring the Sox to cover their own ***, but to actually delete players from factual statistics???

Holy Donald Patterson to Triple A Iowa !!

Iguana775
07-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Saves arent what ranks you. It's the point total. How they come about the point total is the real question. how could Hermy not be up there with 21 (or whatever he has) saves?

Cowhead418
07-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Saves arent what ranks you. It's the point total. How they come about the point total is the real question. how could Hermy not be up there with 21 (or whatever he has) saves?
It had a key at the bottom of the page. 3 points for a save, 4 for a tough save (coming in with tying run on base), 2 for a win, and -2 for a blown save and -2 for a loss.

wildcat
07-08-2005, 11:10 AM
It had a key at the bottom of the page. 3 points for a save, 4 for a tough save (coming in with tying run on base), 2 for a win, and -2 for a blown save and -2 for a loss.

According to my calculations, Hermanson should have 57 points.

((2 pts per win x 0) + (3 pts per save x 21)) - ((2 pts per loss x 2) + (2 pts per blown save x 1)) = 57

I didn't bother with the "tough save" category, but this number would still put Hermanson in second place in the AL.

iwcup
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
I think we should all step back from the ledge....

not like they snubbed hermy, there are 2 spots missing, its not like they moved up wickman to 2....

of course maybe its Kenny once again flying under the radar.....you cant scout what you cant see...

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Both Dustin Hermanson and Eddie Guardado have 58 points, but they're not on there. I checked around on other sites (it's tough to find these standings for some reason) and found out hermie and eddie were tied for 2nd.

A_ROW33
07-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I did not see the listing, put since both guardado and the Hermanator were left off and neither of them are in the all star game, It is possible that they were only listing all-stars, or only bothered to look at the all-stars when compiling the list, assuming the top relievers would be there.

A_ROW33
07-08-2005, 04:17 PM
whoops, didn't see the link, rookie mistake, but not tolorable nonetheless. After actually looking at it I don't understand at all they did not put number 2,3, or 7 on there (I think BJ Ryan is the other guy they missed)