PDA

View Full Version : Who would start game 4 of ALDS series?

twinsuck1
07-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Ok, heres the scenario we are playing the Angels in game 4 of the ALDS playoff series and we are down 2-1, who would you start? I ask this because I don't trust anybody past our top 3. This Is why i hope we get a stud to add to our rotation so we don't have to worry about who we are going to pitch in a game 4. Just think about this scenario I described and tell me what you come up with.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:

SOXfnNlansing
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
If MB pitches the opener and won that game, say on a Monday at home, I'd pitch MB again on Friday @LAA on 3 days rest. If he won that game and tied the series, I'd then put whoever the 4th starter is in the game 5 spot. Game 6 would be either JG or FG. That's what I'd do.

Chicago83
07-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Orlando Hernandez.

JB98
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Orlando Hernandez.

Absolutely. He's a proven postseason pitcher.

gobears1987
07-07-2005, 10:58 PM
If MB pitches the opener and won that game, say on a Monday at home, I'd pitch MB again on Friday @LAA on 3 days rest. If he won that game and tied the series, I'd then put whoever the 4th starter is in the game 5 spot. Game 6 would be either JG or FG. That's what I'd do.
ALDS only is 5 games max.

MIgrenade
07-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Orlando Hernandez.

That's the entire reason the Sox got him. Thankfully it looks like the Sox wil get to use him in that spot.

DaleJRFan
07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Can the Sox play the rest of the season first? There are 79 games left to play.

samram
07-07-2005, 11:05 PM
ALDS only is 5 games max.

Unless the Sox lose in 5, then it gets expanded to seven. At least, that's how it would be if I was in control of MLB (which I should be).

Tragg
07-07-2005, 11:09 PM
MB or maybe El Duque

twinsuck1
07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Can the Sox play the rest of the season first? There are 79 games left to play.

Of course, I was just giving a scenario. Trust me I don't want to put the coach ahead of the horses.

SOXfnNlansing
07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
ALDS only is 5 games max. I was assuming ALCS because the Sox will play the wild card team and LAA won't be that team.... my bad:redface:

DaleJRFan
07-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Of course, I was just giving a scenario. Trust me I don't want to put the coach ahead of the horses.

I know.... I understand, I am just as excited as anyone. I just don't want to end up like Carmen Defalco proclaiming the Bulls to have beaten the Wizards after only 2 games.

Ol' No. 2
07-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Ok, heres the scenario we are playing the Angels in game 4 of the ALDS playoff series and we are down 2-1, who would you start? I ask this because I don't trust anybody past our top 3. This Is why i hope we get a stud to add to our rotation so we don't have to worry about who we are going to pitch in a game 4. Just think about this scenario I described and tell me what you come up with.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:Depends on the scheduling. They throw in lots of off days in the first round to try to maximize TV exposure. I'd go with Buehrle again only if he was on normal rest. Otherwise, Hernandez, no question. That's why they got him.

chisoxfanatic
07-07-2005, 11:34 PM
I was assuming ALCS because the Sox will play the wild card team and LAA won't be that team.... my bad:redface:

Not if the Wild Card comes from the Central, which it would as of now.

SOXSINCE'70
07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Orlando Hernandez.

That's why he's here.Those 3 WS rings make him a game 4 starter .:D:

Having said that,let's play the remaining 79 games and win the
damn division.This is step 1 to the major plan (winning the WS).

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I would go this way in the playoffs:
GM 1: Mark Buehrle
GM 2: Freddy Garcia
GM 3: Depending on the situation either El Duque or Garland
GM 4: El Duque or Garland
GM 5: Buehrle

CYGarland20
07-08-2005, 04:41 PM
I would go this way in the playoffs:
GM 1: Mark Buehrle
GM 2: Freddy Garcia
GM 3: Depending on the situation either El Duque or Garland
GM 4: El Duque or Garland
GM 5: Buehrle At this point it's hard to say which rotation to go with as we don't know who were facing, and if we will have homefield advantage or not. Let's say we face Boston in the first round at home, then I would go with Buehrle and Garland in games 1 & 2, as they both have pitched better at home, Garcia and El Duque in games 3 & 4, they have pitched better on the road. If Boston had homefield i would go with Garcia and Buehrle in 1 & 2, and Garland and Contreras in 3 & 4............ Then again, let's worry about this when we get there, knock on wood :cool: