PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Encylopedia by Rich Lindberg on eBay!

Wsoxmike59
07-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Mods you can move this if you want, I'm NOT the seller but it looks to be such a "steal" for the buyer I didn't want to see anybody who may be looking for a copy of this book miss out on such a great opportunity. Mrs. Wsox bought me a copy of this for Christmas way back in 1997 for $75!!!

It's a MUST OWN for the die hard Sox fan!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=4560294730&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

StillMissOzzie
07-08-2005, 01:57 AM
disclaimer: I'm not the seller either, but this guy also has the Cardinals Encyclopedia & Phillies Encyclopedia for similar bargains.

My wife got me the White Sox Encyclopedia a few years ago for Christmas - I'm glad I didn't know THEN how much it was!

SMO
:gulp:

Joosh
07-08-2005, 02:32 AM
I got that for my Dad on Fathers day. Borders had it for $35.

I don't need another, I'll just borrow my Dad's.

Still, an Amazing Deal.

SpammySosa
07-26-2005, 12:24 AM

Still, an Amazing Deal.

I finally checked Borders for the book tonight-not remembering that the deal you got was around Father's Day. It is back at 60 bucks now.:whiner:

Vernam
07-26-2005, 12:40 AM
I finally checked Borders for the book tonight-not remembering that the deal you got was around Father's Day. It is back at 60 bucks now.:whiner:I picked up my copy at a used bookstore in Naperville for $26. :gulp: Some good readin'!

VC

bunnybrief
07-26-2005, 08:45 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there is a new edition in the works?

The current one goes up through 1996, I believe.

nebraskasox
07-26-2005, 09:32 AM

I'm waiting for the new edition to come out. It might conclude with the first Sox championship since 1917!

HITMEN OF 77
07-26-2005, 12:11 PM

All the material, photos and information has been updated and ready to go for a new book. I think there just waiting on the book company (Temple I think?) to give the OK to do a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if a new one was out by Christmas 2006.

TDog
07-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm waiting for the new edition to come out. It might conclude with the first Sox championship since 1917!

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but the SIU Press has reissued some classic baseball books, including Frank Graham's "The Brooklyn Dodgers: An Informal History." It ends with Branch Rickey saying, "If the war ends in a year or so, we'll be on the top of the world. You see, those men up there are the champions of 1948." Odd that Graham never updated it. You would think Jackie Robinson, a World Series championship and exile to Los Angeles would have motivated him to update it.

You can't update a $75 team encyclopedia every year, but it would be great for the Sox to provide the motivation this fall.

Erik The Red
07-26-2005, 12:42 PM

Still, an Amazing Deal.
Your "Rowand Watch" needs updating.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Current price is $55 for new on Amazon and used from about $30 on the same site