PDA

View Full Version : Your Absolute, #1, Favorite Moment of 2005? (You Can Only Pick ONE)

TomBradley72
07-07-2005, 07:37 PM
OK...no game tonight.....everyone's a little restless....so here's the question...heading into the 2nd half of the season....of all the great, awesome, memorable moments so far this year...what is your FAVORITE?

My pick: Pierzynski's homer to beat the Dodgers.."Turn Back the Clock Game".

White Sox Josh
07-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Buehrle's 1:39 minute gem.

RallyBowl
07-07-2005, 07:39 PM
gotta be

:walkoff:

Whitesox029
07-07-2005, 07:42 PM
The Dodgers comeback is just barely edging out Scotty's election, but only because the former meant a W while the latter is just a chemistry thing.

darklord23
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
gotta be

im gonna go with this one also

Chisox003
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
This is tough, but I'd say A.J's blast, well that entire 9th inning as my single "moment"...

Just a bunch of little moments building up to one big moment :wink:

Hawk's call for that was as always, classic

JohnBasedowYoda
07-07-2005, 07:45 PM
gotta be

great picture...

mine is frank returning. that game was electric. there's not a game i could remember where the crowd was making that much noise

slobes
07-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I almost said AJ's homer, but I gotta go with the win vs. Cleveland, April 6. Sox down 3-0 entering bottom of 9th, and it started out Everett single, Konerko homer, Dye homer. Eventually they get the bases loaded, nobody out, and win on Uribe's sac fly

RallyBowl
07-07-2005, 07:47 PM
The Dodgers comeback is just barely edging out Scotty's election, but only because the former meant a W while the latter is just a chemistry thing.hey, good call on Sweet P's election. I was in the car on the way home from Chicago, in the car about 1 and a half minutes when I heard the announcement and the standing O. Got the chills, as I have countless other times this season.

TomBradley72
07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I almost said AJ's homer, but I gotta go with the win vs. Cleveland, April 6. Sox down 3-0 entering bottom of 9th, and it started out Everett single, Konerko homer, Dye homer. Eventually they get the bases loaded, nobody out, and win on Uribe's sac fly

I was there...almost picked that one....the first "magic" of the season.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
While I love AJ's walkoff, I gotta go with the blast from Frank Thomas in the 13th inning to beat the Tigers a few weeks ago.

RallyBowl
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
great picture...

mine is frank returning. that game was electric. there's not a game i could remember where the crowd was making that much noise
I was at that game, it is a real close second to the dodger game. also it was my daughter's first game!:smile:

JohnBasedowYoda
07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I was at that game, it is a real close second to the dodger game. also it was my daughter's first game!:smile:

i went to the not the fri and sun dodger games, not the saturday one. DOH!

NSSoxFan
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I have to go with the second game of the season.

Down 3-0 in the bottom of the 9th...

Konerko 2-Run HR, Dye Solo shot, Rowand double, Uribe sac fly.

Set the tone for the season, IMO.

shaunburnette
07-07-2005, 07:57 PM
gotta be

agreed

halfpricemonday
07-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Great thread for an off-night!

I'll submit another vote for AJs walk-off. Wish I could have seen it in person, but it was still the most fun I've ever had following a game on GameDay while listening to Rooney and Farmer on the net. I was going crazy in my office.

WagMan
07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
gotta be

Best moment of the year, hands down (or up as was the case). Especially because I was there, just a couple of sections over from where the ball landed. And, I was with my son. Good Times!

kj.hayes
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Mark's 6-0 complete game against the Dodgers on June 17. A great outing by Beurhle, and I had a killer seat (6 rows behind Sox dugout!)

or...

The 12-2 beating we handed to the Cubs in the first game of Crosstown Classic II at the Cell. Cool beyond words.

Chips
07-07-2005, 08:12 PM
i went to the not the fri and sun dodger games, not the saturday one. DOH!

It's not like you saw bad games, a 6-0 shutout and another last inning W.

delben91
07-07-2005, 08:14 PM
AJ's homer was amazing. As was Frank's shot at Detroit and the last few nights as well. There's the second game of the season. Buehrle shutting down Seattle. Marte making a wild pitch in KC and getting Diaz at the plate. Rowand going deep off Hoffman in San Diego. But all of those fall in line behind my favorite moment.

Game one of the O's series. Garland against Tejada. 3-2 pitch...changeup...take a seat Miguel. The crowd had been on it's feet, and man if that wasn't Jon pretty much screaming, "Here I am, this year we're for real!"

But honestly, it was near impossible to pick just one.:gulp:

Chips
07-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Best moment: Jon Garland pitches back to back shutouts. Does that count as one moment?

mccoydp
07-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Timo's game winning hit....and AJ's walkoff. Only picked this 2nd because I saw it on replay after it happened.

Daver
07-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Winning a game on three walks and a HBP in the ninth against the Royals.

Blob
07-07-2005, 08:23 PM
gotta be

My pick as well!

SOXfnNlansing
07-07-2005, 08:33 PM
My favorite was the game they won late without a hit in the inning. I was on the way to the airport and listened on the radio........ how great was that:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
07-07-2005, 08:41 PM

I was at that game too, but something else in that very same game is my favorite moment of the season thus far. In the bottom of the 9th, with the Sox down 4-3, Timo rips a duck snort hit scoring the game-tying and game-winning runs to defeat the California Angels. That moment sent chills up and down my spine like nothing else!

mccombe_35
07-07-2005, 08:46 PM
great call on the AJ game.

I've only been able to get to a few games this year, & Tuesday, July 5th was one of em. had seats down the left field line. bottom of the 8th down 4 - 3, Pods & Iguchi get on for Frank..........:D:

As you all know a long HR to left.

Sox up 6 - 4 & go on to win by that score!

Thought it was worth a mention - one of my personal favs.

Brian26
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I was at that game too, but something else in that very same game is my favorite moment of the season thus far. In the bottom of the 9th, with the Sox down 4-3, Timo rips a duck snort hit scoring the game-tying and game-winning runs to defeat the California Angels. That moment sent chills up and down my spine like nothing else!

That's my pick too. A beautiful Memorial Day afternoon....and a huge comeback victory. The place went nuts.

RedPinStripes
07-07-2005, 08:51 PM
OK...no game tonight.....everyone's a little restless....so here's the question...heading into the 2nd half of the season....of all the great, awesome, memorable moments so far this year...what is your FAVORITE?

That one is definatly up there if I had to pick one, but there have been so many gret moments so far , i can't decide. I like having this problem. :bandance:

itsnotrequired
07-07-2005, 09:21 PM
great picture...

That one gets my vote.

darklord23
07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
now that i think about it, i really like the frank home run in 13th inn in detroit. the best part about was listening to snr and guido waking up passed out maury to tell him frank hit the homerun.

PicktoCLick72
07-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Either Frank's homer Tuesday night or the 9th inning of turn back the clock night. Can't pick between the two.

cheeses_h_rice
07-07-2005, 09:37 PM

I concur. Best game I've seen in person since the Carlos Lee grand slam against the Flubs in 2000.

Cellview22
07-07-2005, 09:37 PM
There's been so many amazing moments this year.

One of my favorite moments came in the Saturday game at Wrigley. Sox were down by 1 in the 8th w/ 2 outs, 2 on. Konerko comes through with a flyball, the ball seemed like it was in the air forever, I was just hoping Corey Patterson wouldn't get there in time, and the ball bounces off his glove. I went absolutely nuts! 2 scored, and we won the game 5-3.

MIgrenade
07-07-2005, 09:46 PM
now that i think about it, i really like the frank home run in 13th inn in detroit. the best part about was listening to snr and guido waking up passed out maury to tell him frank hit the homerun.

Somehow I managed to forget about this one already. There was something about that AB that felt like something was going to happen, much like last night.

DieTrying79
07-07-2005, 10:03 PM
For me, it's AJ against the Dodgers. A close second is Garland's back to back complete game shutouts. It was his way of saying to the entire league, "I'm here, and you're gonna respect me, b****es"...:cool:

Rudy Law
07-07-2005, 10:06 PM

I have to agree with you....The turn back the clock game....But the Extra inning game in Detriot was also great.......

mike squires
07-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Wow! I read your post and thought for sure that was mine. It was also my daughter's first game. I thought we were done for. Once Carl Struckout and Pablo came up I thought, why does this always happen to me. Next thing you know the place was going crazy. I've got that baby on tape...forever!!!

NealCotts4Life
07-07-2005, 10:09 PM
JD's grand slam monday. Only because I was there. And when he hit it, I promply freaked out.

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 10:11 PM
i'm surprised no one's mentioning Uribe's miracle play vs. the Tiggers to send the game to extras.

That was one of the greatest defensive plays I've ever seen.

I'm going to go with that one.

bumptious96
07-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I'd have to go with Garlands changeup on Tejada to K him. I think that was a huge pitch as far as setting up Garland's confidence for the rest of the season. In a situation like that I was expecting the worst. However, with the ChiSox having such a great season I'm now expecting the best case scenario. I don't think it was a big turning point for the club, but I think it gave them a boost and it could be a situation we could see in the playoffs.

zach074
07-07-2005, 10:24 PM
gotta be

By far the best moment of this season so far. Maybe it was because i was at that game and hearing the crowd go crazy and having the 59 unis made it even better.

Unregistered
07-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Timo's hit to win on Memorial Day... I was in a restaurant and didn't even realize it was nationally televised. When we went down 1 in the 9th, I looked across to see it playing in the bar - I caught the bottom of the half and it was a sweet, sweet sight.

Also the entire extra inning affair in Detroit. Several great plays, amazing clutch pitching - it's what really convinced me this team had its head on straight.

sox_fan_forever
07-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Wow, there are so many to choose from, and, unfortunately, I haven't gotten to see a lot of them because I work evenings so I will restrict my choices to games I was actually at. I can't decide between Garland's start against Baltimore on May 12 or the 10 run inning against Arizona on June 15.

Nard
07-07-2005, 10:49 PM
It's not even a question for me.

Without a doubt, it's Marte running home and tagging the runner after a wild pitch with the bases loaded late in that one game.

Nothing else shows the win or die attitude as much as that play. But you also got to love the AJ's deluxe bat flip!

Hendu
07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Frank's first at-bat after coming off the DL. The media can try to twist him into a selfish clubhouse cancer all they want but a sold-out crowd showed how they feel about the best player in the history of the franchise.

FielderJones
07-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Timo's game-winning RBI on Memorial Day.

My son had tears in his eyes after the Angels scored in the top of the 9th, and my wife (raised as a Flub fan, but coming around) wanted to leave. I said, "This is the Sox ... we don't leave before the game is over. There's still half an inning to be played."

What an electric moment when that ball got down!

Go Go Everetts
07-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Ive got to go with the Memorial Day comeback. Sox were leading the entire game until Angels come back in the 9th. I've got a jerk Angels fan behind me yelling. Then Sox get up to bat in the bottom half. Willie gets on steals second. Crowd goes wild. And the rest is history.

rwcescato
07-07-2005, 11:49 PM
hey, good call on Sweet P's election. I was in the car on the way home from Chicago, in the car about 1 and a half minutes when I heard the announcement and the standing O. Got the chills, as I have countless other times this season.

What can you say about the chills. Lately I have even been getting them hearing sportscasters and radio callers on the score and am 1000. Its just been an unbelievable season and we just need to keep it up for another 95-100 games or so.
GO YOU WHITE SOX !!!!
Rich:supernana:

Jjav829
07-08-2005, 12:03 AM
It's gotta be Konerko and Dye going back-to-back to tie up the game , followed by Uribe's sac fly winning game #2 of the season.

That was just one of those moments you never really expect. What made it even bigger was the fact that it was only the second game of the season. Having a moment like that so early in the season was huge. Our offense was horrible for the first two games. The only run in the first 17 innings of the season came on an error. We simply couldn't score. Yet in a matter of minutes we went from extremely pissed to extremely happy.

I think the quickness of it was a big factor. Everett stepped in and singled on the second pitch. Then Konerko stepped in and on the 4th pitch of the inning hit a 2-run HR for the Sox first HR of the season, bringing us within a run. Suddenly we had life. Then Dye stepped in and on the 6th pitch of the inning he tied the game up. Rowand doubled on the 8th pitch of the inning. Pierzynski was intentionally walked. Willie sacrificed the runners over on the 13th pitch and on the 14th pitch Uribe ended it with a sac fly. I can't think of a better moment than that 9th inning. There were some other good ones, but when you factor everything in, this is moment #1.

dcb33
07-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Gotta go with::walkoff:
No doubt about it.

Honarable mention goes to the final game in San Diego when Rowand went yard off of Hoffman in the 10th to help the Sox win 8-5.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrapup.jsp?ymd=20050612&content_id=1086994&vkey=wrapup2004&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

lostletters
07-08-2005, 01:27 AM
AJs blast.

But Rowands HR in San Diego is a close second.

The ten run game against Arizona is probably third.

But there are so many more. This team is so damn good and creates alot of excitement. Every game is fun to watch.

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 01:30 AM
No doubt about it.

Yep. That is also my favorite "moment while I was there" ...err....moment.

Wsoxmike59
07-08-2005, 06:45 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050619/i/r3249465251.jpg?

Chicago White Sox's A.J. Pierzynski (C) is mobbed by team mates as he touches home plate after his game-winning home run against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the ninth inning of their game in Chicago June 18, 2005. The White Sox's Aaron Rowand also scored on the play as Pierzynski's two-run home run gave the White Sox a 5-3 win over the Dodgers. REUTERS/Frank Polich

bigdommer
07-08-2005, 07:50 AM
1) Comeback against the Tribe in game 2. I missed game 1, got home from work just in time to watch Carl's at bat, then the homers, then Rowand, then Uribe. My first clue that this year would be special.

2) AJ's bomb against the Dodgers. Prompted my wife (who is not a baseball fan) to say, "Big deal, they always come back and win."

3) Timo's game winner on Memorial day. Best friend (Cubs fan) was ragging me in the top of the 9th about the blown save, and how the season was about go downhill. I think not.

4) That 10 run inning against the D-Backs. The inning started as I pulled into my driveway. I turned the engine off and listened to the entire innning in my driveway, while on the cell phone with my dad, screaming, "Are you watching this?!"

5) Frank's 3 run bomb in the 8th against the D-Rays. Mercy.

MsSoxVixen22
07-08-2005, 08:41 AM
My pick is A.J.'s walk off homer against the Dodgers. He knew it was GONE when he hit it. Just the fans going crazy and the way the team met A.J. at home plate.....was awesome. That's probably how it's gonna be when they win the division and dare I say more. :supernana: :supernana:

Baby Fisk
07-08-2005, 08:49 AM
June 28th @ Detroit. Sox lead 2-1. Ivan Rodriguez leads off the 9th with a monster triple and starts celebrating as if he'd hit a 5-run HR to win the game. My blood boiled. Then our ol' buddy:

:dustin:

Hunkers down and the next three batters go in order. Game over. Who's celebrating now I-Rod?! :cool:

RKMeibalane
07-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Frank's blast three nights ago against TB. That ball was smoked.

Hangar18
07-08-2005, 09:06 AM
As soon as I saw the Title of this thread, and before I even looked at any of the replies, I already had the DODGER game as the best SOX moment of 2005....so far

SoxFan78
07-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Lots of good moments, but its the AJ walkoff home run. The park was eletric!

Going into the bottom of the ninth, everybody in the park knew the Sox would win! No doubt.

Also, it was the first time they played the "go go whitesox" video, which has now become a staple at games.

Sxy Mofo
07-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm biased because I went to these games, and I do love the AJ homer and the hawk call... but

1. Last game of the series at coors for us colorado sox fans. top of the 8th... last time frank will be able to hit at coors field in his career. Pitcher up... but Ozzie leaves in Politte to hit. I start a "we want frank" chant. Politte bunt slaps the pitch and scores two. Crowd goes crazy. Game out of reach. Fans not happy with ozzie that he didn't let frank bat. Kids run up and down the aisles with brooms. Crowd cheers. Top of the ninth now have to go through 4 or 5 guys to get to the pitcher... guys get on base. Suddently two outs. Joe crede up, pitcher to follow, "please joe just get on base". Joe cracks a homer. Crowd cheers. Game completely out of reach. 14-4 or something. Frank steps to bat. Crowd is standing, cheering. Frank hits it... hard. 440 to straight away center field. Crowd goes absolutely crazy.

2. Garcia shuts down what was it, 22 straight rockies or something, crowd very appreciative. Standing O for freddy after every inning 6 through 8.

Rocky Soprano
07-08-2005, 09:40 AM
We were playing the Twins. Crede was going home, there was a throw to the plate, and Crede went out of his way to give an elbow to Mauer. After the game Crede said something like he was ready to do whatever to score.

To me that quote set the tone of this season. WIN OR DIE TRYING!

robiwho
07-08-2005, 10:09 AM
gotta be

I'm hopping on this bandwagon. That was the best inning I've had at the park all season!

Iwritecode
07-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Timo rips a duck snort hit

There's something not quite right about that phrase. Shouldn't it be "bloops a duck snort"??? :D:

I guess I have to agree with the AJ walkoff. I was watching a movie and flipped the TV on just in time to say "oh crap" as AJ hits a pop-foul just out of the reach of Hee-Sop.

Then came the walk-off and bat-flip. :bandance:

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 10:53 AM
The AJ walkoff HR takes my vote, no question. God, was that great.

However, in second is the absurd game against KC where we didn't score a run but they managed to walk in TWO, and we won. That was the point where we started wondering if we are indeed a charmed team.

But yes, the AJ HR... that was AWESOME.

Shorty1983
07-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Bob Wickmans blows 9th inning rally.

PK and Dye's back to back homeruns, walk, willies steal and the clutch WG run.

Shorty1983
07-08-2005, 11:09 AM
gotta be

I have this game saved on my Tivo, its my way of therapy.:)

ShoelessJoeS
07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
gotta be

hands down, best inning this year, even better than the 10 run explosion

Risk
07-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I initially was thinking either AJ's HR against the Dodgers or Frank's return. But in recent days, I would have to say that it was Posednik getting the All Star nod thru the hard campaigning of his teammates and thru the dedication of us Sox fans. Even though AJ's homer and Frank's return were awesome, the adulation was for the individuals (and I don't mean to sell those accomplishments short), but with Pods getting voted in, it showed something different--a team that was so dedicated to helping each other out, and fans who got behind Pods, and by extension, the rest of the team to accomplish the same goal. That to me, was truly one of the most magical moments I have ever seen.:bandance: :gulp: Cheers Sox fans

Risk

Fake Chet Lemon
07-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Freddy Garcia DRILLING DEREK LEE in his first at bat against us this year. That was awesome. He sent a message to Lee and triple crown Lee was basically a non-factor against the Sox this year. Freddy went on to dominate that game, and his next outing against the Cubs at the Cell. If I recall, one of our guys was just hit so Freddy backing up his teammates and drilling Lee the next half-inning makes it even cooler. Intimidation baby, that was #1 for me.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-08-2005, 12:37 PM
1) Comeback against the Tribe in game 2. I missed game 1, got home from work just in time to watch Carl's at bat, then the homers, then Rowand, then Uribe. My first clue that this year would be special.

2) AJ's bomb against the Dodgers. Prompted my wife (who is not a baseball fan) to say, "Big deal, they always come back and win."

3) Timo's game winner on Memorial day. Best friend (Cubs fan) was ragging me in the top of the 9th about the blown save, and how the season was about go downhill. I think not.

4) That 10 run inning against the D-Backs. The inning started as I pulled into my driveway. I turned the engine off and listened to the entire innning in my driveway, while on the cell phone with my dad, screaming, "Are you watching this?!"

5) Frank's 3 run bomb in the 8th against the D-Rays. Mercy.

Reading is a skill........may want to read the Thread title again. This wasn't a top 5. But all good ones anyway.

ChiSox Fan 68
07-08-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm biased because I went to these games, and I do love the AJ homer and the hawk call... but

1. Last game of the series at coors for us colorado sox fans. top of the 8th... last time frank will be able to hit at coors field in his career. Pitcher up... but Ozzie leaves in Politte to hit. I start a "we want frank" chant. Politte bunt slaps the pitch and scores two. Crowd goes crazy. Game out of reach. Fans not happy with ozzie that he didn't let frank bat. Kids run up and down the aisles with brooms. Crowd cheers. Top of the ninth now have to go through 4 or 5 guys to get to the pitcher... guys get on base. Suddently two outs. Joe crede up, pitcher to follow, "please joe just get on base". Joe cracks a homer. Crowd cheers. Game completely out of reach. 14-4 or something. Frank steps to bat. Crowd is standing, cheering. Frank hits it... hard. 440 to straight away center field. Crowd goes absolutely crazy.

2. Garcia shuts down what was it, 22 straight rockies or something, crowd very appreciative. Standing O for freddy after every inning 6 through 8.

I have to agree with the game in Denver as my favorite moment (game). We were there too and it was mayhem. I couldn't believe all the Sox fans there. We were behind the Sox dugout a few rows, surrounded by fellow Sox fans. There was so much high-fiving going on, it was unreal. And just to add to Sxy Mofo's memories, I loved during the singing of Take Me out to the Ballgame, when it came to "root, root, root for the...", all we could hear was "White Sox". Although the last two innings were the most exciting, I loved El Duque's single in the second inning too.

In recent years, we've followed the Sox to Cleveland and Boston (seeing White Sox winners in both cities) and nothing compares to that game in Denver...

tacosalbarojas
07-08-2005, 01:11 PM
im gonna go with this one alsoCount me in on the AJ game. To borrow from Farmio...the park was electric. Very reminscient of some of those 2000 games.

SoxRox
07-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Without a doubt: Juan Uribe's unbelievable defensive play that saved the game against Detroit and put it into extra innings.

Never seen anything like it. I watched the replay on the Sox website a dozen times. Made the guys at work watch it too.

-SoxRox

ShoelessJoeS
07-08-2005, 01:23 PM
i just spent like a half hour checking this out...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws

a great way to relive all the thrilling moments so far this year

Heffalump
07-08-2005, 01:31 PM
gotta be

That was an awesome game.......My wife and I were just to the right of his game winner......GO SOX !!

buehrle4cy05
07-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Only one....

Buehrle's 99 minute game.

White Sox Josh
07-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Only one....

Buehrle's 99 minute game.finally someone agrees with me about that game. Close second though is the game that Frank returned.

ChiSoxPatF
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Not to be redundant, but it has to be AJ's walk-off. They were getting shut down all game (3 hits in 8 innings) and it seemed like they were just going to sleep through the night. Little things just kept creeping along and all of the sudden we're in the game. Then boom, AJ hits a walk-off. It encapulated the entire season in one inning.

I was at that game and I can say, without any hesitation, that the crowd there was more electric than I have ever experienced in my entire life (including being at playoff games in '93 and '00 and numerous Sox/Cubs games). The place went nuts and you would have thought we won the world series; everyone was hugging and jumping and everything. In fact, I lost my voice for 3 days because of that game

gets 3 dancing 'nanas :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

PAPChiSox729
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM
This is a very tough question for me. I would have to go with the popular choice of AJ's walkoff against the Dodgers. The cool thing about this thread is that there are so many choices. This team is awesome.

soxfanreggie
07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I took my roommate, a Twins fan born in Minn. now living here, to the Sox-Twins game...we beat them 3-1 (almost had the shut-out but gave one up in the 9th)! It was a quiet car ride back after he talked a lot of smack before.

LVSoxFan
07-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Not to be redundant, but it has to be AJ's walk-off. They were getting shut down all game (3 hits in 8 innings) and it seemed like they were just going to sleep through the night. Little things just kept creeping along and all of the sudden we're in the game. Then boom, AJ hits a walk-off. It encapulated the entire season in one inning.

I was at that game and I can say, without any hesitation, that the crowd there was more electric than I have ever experienced in my entire life (including being at playoff games in '93 and '00 and numerous Sox/Cubs games). The place went nuts and you would have thought we won the world series; everyone was hugging and jumping and everything. In fact, I lost my voice for 3 days because of that game

gets 3 dancing 'nanas :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Excellent, excellent description: the entire season in one inning. Totally.

Dude, I was in my living room watching that and even I was electrified! When he hit that bomb I literally jumped off the couch and was screaming!

Plus with the '59 uniforms... it was just so awesome. Best Game Ever so far this season. And you're right... we were sucking until the last innings.

Rocky Soprano
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Excellent, excellent description: the entire season in one inning. Totally.

Dude, I was in my living room watching that and even I was electrified! When he hit that bomb I literally jumped off the couch and was screaming!

Plus with the '59 uniforms... it was just so awesome. Best Game Ever so far this season. And you're right... we were sucking until the last innings.

I was actually at a wedding. I stopped by the bar and they had the game on. I caught the 9th inning with a friend who is also a Sox fan. I'm sure the other guests that saw two men in suits celebrating was a pretty funny site.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-08-2005, 02:48 PM
The June 18 game is shaping up as the turning point of the season. The Sox were losing and came back to win in the ninth inning. Meanwhile Minnesota lost at home to San Diego.

Over the next 10 games the Sox went 8-2 while Minnesota stumbled to 4-6. By June 30 the Sox had virtually doubled their lead over the Twinks.

And now we have Twins fans posting here virtually conceding the division title.

:cool:

MUScholar21
07-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I have to go with a simpler one, and it actually happens every year. The first game of the year-April 30 against the Tigers-I walked up to the 100 level from Gate 2, get onto the concourse, and see the Sodfather's beautiful work. All I did (and do every year, which is highly recommended) is stop and look between the bottom of the 300 level and the 100 level seats, past the vendors, and see the green of the outfield still in the sunlight, and just take a deep breath. It sticks in my mind every year throughout the season, and I enjoy it everytime.

Its the simpler things. I enjoy a walkoff or shutout as much as anyone. But when you can appreciate the simple beauty that is baseball and its environs, you can actually enjoy the game a little bit more.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Frank Thomas' 2nd home run of the season in Coors.

I was up late with a bunch of my friends and family. I kept on talking about how I'd love to see Frank come up and hit a bomb in Coors. When he came up and did it, a bunch of the people with me were all smiling and amazed how it all went down. Half of them were Cub fans and the other half didn't care much for baseball. Now they ALL keep asking me, "How is your guy Frank doing? How are the Sox doing? Are they still winning?"