PDA

View Full Version : White Sox presentation Ideas

CPditka
07-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I am putting together a presentation for WORK, yeah work... on the white sox, and why people should be Sox Fans. I am giving this to an audience in NY. If anyone has put together a presentation for something like this I would love to take a look at it DonaldAndersen@gmail.com , or if anyone has any good ideas.

Thanks for the help!

RallyBowl
07-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Dude, you must have the best job ever!

:pods: "Surely I must be included in this presentation."

CPditka
07-07-2005, 08:33 PM
We had this consulting firm come in to teach us "presentation skills" and were supposed to present on something we are passionate about. Thus, the Sox are it. And yes, Scotty is much involved, weve been kind of giving brief presentations today about our larger presentation tomorrow, and one of my coworkers said, you guys from Chicago have been brainwashed into thinking that Scott Podsednik is the next Ted Williams, since I have been preaching about his small ball skills, pretty funny stuff.

chidonez
07-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Start with the fans and the atmosphere. That's all baseball is about anyway (and stats). Players come and go. Managers come and go. The fans and the culture stay. Remember, there are three great topics for newspapers & blogs:

Politics
Religion
Sports

Well, they're all kind of the same. Choosing your team (when you have a choice) is not unlike choosing your religion. So, what is IT all about?

Winning ugly?
Good guys?
Die trying?
Go-go?

TDog
07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Investing emotionally in the White Sox coming into this season was like buying low. Out of nowhere they come ready to be the next big thing -- persecuted underdogs who have emerged as a tight bunch of guys in Yankee-like uniforms, ready to be embraced by the Free World. It's about winning -- the stat that matters -- in any way necessary, at home, on the road, in interleague play. It's not about fantasy baseball stats. It's not about ivy and bars. In a clean ballpark that smells like a great restaurant, its baseball, played in all its glory -- up until now appreciated by only a privileged few.

To borrow from Shakespeare (or Star Trek, if you will), White Sox baseball is the undiscovered country.

Personally, though, I'm just happy when they win.